• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indian Rojak! Second Woman Dies.......

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
April 8, 2009
Rojak food poisoning
Second woman dies
noraini.jpg

Madam Norani Kassim (right), 59, seen here with her husband Mohd Salleh Sarip, is said to have eaten Indian rojak from the Rojak Geylang Serai stall at the Geylang Serai hawker centre. -- PHOTO: FAMILY OF MR MOHD SALLEH SARIP

ANOTHER woman who fell into a coma after eating Indian rojak from a popular store at a Geylang Serai hawker centre on Friday has died.
Madam Norani Kassim, 59, died at 9.58am on Wednesday, five days after she was warded in Alexandra Hospital's intensive care unit.

Alexandra spokesman said that the cause of death is still undetermined pending coroner's investigation.

Her husband Mr Mohd Salleh Sapir, 65, said that Mdm Norani had a history of diabetes.

He was also told that the bacteria in her stomach was affecting her liver and heart.

Canteen assistant Madam Aminah Samijo, 57, died earlier on Monday after eating the rojak on Friday, along with her husband, Mr Omar Ali, who is in his 50s.

Madam Aminah became violently sick on Friday night, and suffered vomiting and severe diarrhoea.

She was taken to the Changi General Hospital, but lapsed into a coma and died without regaining consciousness.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
si beh ai wan...kena killed by food.

only in wealthy countries where people got killed by having food...

in Africa, people got died because they dun have enough food...

welcome to the sinful world.

CENWEN

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
April 7, 2009
Rojak food poisoning
Miscarriage after rojak <!--10 min-->
<!-- headline one : start --> <!-- headline one : end --> <!-- Author --> <!-- show image if available --> <!--<tr><td>
viewMorePhotos.gif
View more photos
<div class="border_dbl2_bn"">
c.gif
</div> </td></tr>--> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr></tr> <tr> </tr> <tr> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2" class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold">By Diana Othman </td></tr> <tr valign="bottom"> <td width="330">
In-SG-MISCARRIAGE.jpg

</td> <td width="10">
c.gif
</td> <td valign="bottom">
c.gif

A two-month pregnant woman, Madam Rosiah Samat, 38, who had eaten rojak bought from the same stall in Geylang Serai market, came down with severe diarrhoea on Friday evening and later suffered a miscarriage. --ST PHOTO: SHAHRIYA YAHAYA
</td></tr> </tbody></table> <table> <tbody><tr><td> <div class="vclearleft">
viewMorePhotos.gif
View more photos </div> </td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--> A TWO-MONTH pregnant woman who had eaten rojak bought from the same stall in Geylang Serai market, came down with severe diarrhoea on Friday evening and later suffered a miscarriage. Madam Rosiah Samat, 38, suffered acute pains in her stomach and was shuttling to the toilet at least six times before she started to bleed profusely. She also became very weak. 'It was pain like nothing else I felt before,' she told The Straits Times in Malay on Monday. 'I thought I was going to die. 'I could hear my children yelling 'Wake up, mummy! Wake up!' as I was falling unconscious. I told them to quickly call for the ambulance.'

Her 12-year-old daughter, Haidah Wahid, said that Madam Rosiah was covered in sweat and she was shivering all over. Shortly after, she fainted and was rushed to the KK Women's and Children's hospital where she was later told that she had suffered a miscarriage. Madam Rosiah was warded there for two days and returned home on Sunday. Even though the worst was over, her stomach still felt painful. It is unclear if the food poisoning had caused Madam Rosiah's baby to miscarry.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I'm just running a business. I had no intention of harming people. I'm very upset. I haven't been able to sleep or eat since Tuesday night. I don't know if i'm going to live or die" Rojak Man

This should be classified as terrorism

Rojak seller must be detained under ISA

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's how they all plead - not guilty

Rip out a fingernail or 2 and he'll tell the truth

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For a turnover of approx $1,500 daily for 26 days.....after deducting his costs of approx $500 daily, he makes pretty good wages.

I don't believe for one moment that he throws away the gravy or the food items unless it's really spoilt. Just have a look at the other hawkers around you.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never trust Indian Muslims, The gravy leftover will continue to sell the next day, just like roti prata. So eat with your eyes open.

papa san

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never trust Indian Muslims, The gravy leftover will continue to sell the next day, just like roti prata. So eat with your eyes open.

Wrong. Eating out is always dangerous.....we are always at the mercy of the restaurant, hawker etc......regardless of nationality,religion, country location etc....

So you want be safe, eat at home or BYO sandwiches to the workplace