• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

in the 80s HDB got this policy for the elderly?

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why was it edited by you when it was my reply? Where?

Instead of clicking the 'Reply With Quote' button i clicked 'Edit Post' and wrote my reply. My brain is in auto mode for such things. I restored your post but it will still show that the post was edited. Hence, i apologised. Don't want you to accuse me of suppressing your freedom of speech...

Understand?

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Instead of clicking the 'Reply With Quote' button i clicked 'Edit Post' and wrote my reply. My brain is in auto mode for such things. I restored your post but it will still show that the post was edited. Hence, i apologised. Don't want you to accuse me of suppressing your freedom of speech...

Understand?

Explaination noted. Apology accepted.

uglyloser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite possible, as pap was always trying to offload the financial burden of caring for the elderly to individual families. In the 80s, birth rate was not an issue, so caring for elderly would have gotten some priority. But in that era, there wasn't much of a queue for hdb. The shortage occurred in the 90s.

that means even there is such a policy in the 80s, it was probably not needed?