• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Imprisoned by the Internet, I am thinking of changing my name

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some years ago, when I was young and immature, I did some silly thing out of puppy love for my handsome school senior and had to appear before the courts.

After some discussions between lawyers, I was not charged but I had to become witness. There was one picture of me walking out of the court staring into the reporter's camera. All my friends deserted me after that, even my darling. I still love him after all these years, although he always evaded me when I tried to make contact. I don't blame him, I am not good-looking and he deserves better.

Now every time my name is Googled that newspaper picture will show up and the caption is really quite dramatic. That means it is not easy for me to get a decent job as employers will always have doubts after seeing that.

I take responsibility for my action. But I was a teen then. Unfortunately the Internet is forever, and I am always condemned by the Google search.

I appealed to Google to remove the result but they ignored me. Even if they remove, there are so many other search engines. I am fucked!

Poor me - imprisoned forever by the Internet. So how, do I change my name to something very common like Amber Lee or Alicia Lee?