• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Imagine a Singapore without LKY and PAP

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/06/06/imagine-a-singapore-without-lky-and-pap/

The young generation never looks at the history of Singapore, and only wants fast results. Let me tell you now, if there were no LKY and PAP, we would still be part of Malaysia and this is what would happen to us NOW:

Lee Kuan Yew & Tunku Abdul Rahman (November 1962)
1. Only Bumi (regardless rich or poor) get a compulsory 10% discount when they purchase a property whilst the minority races have to pay the full price even if they are poor. Under PAP, we also got HDB grant, but too ALL races.

2. Only Bumi can get freehold land, and minorities get leasehold. Under PAP, Singapore all fair under the law called STRATA !!!

3. If you want to list your company in Stock Market, must give 30% to Bumi ownership, if not cannot loh (that’s why those Datuk-Datuk appointed, just to sit there and sign paper, no need to work). Wow, life is so easy, just let your name to be printed, and you get 30% WOWWWW!

4. A basket of government-run (and profit-guaranteed) mutual funds are available for purchase by Bumiputra buyers only. The Amanah Saham Nasional (ASN) has return rates approximately 3 to 5 times that of local commercial banks. Minorities CAN NOT BUY !!!! Under PAP, Singapore, bank are chasing all races to buy their products.

5. For Government Projects only Bumi can tender. So if minorities want to tender, team up with Bumi, lor. This gives them a name Ali-Baba, Ali is Bumi, and Baba is minorities. Under PAP, Singapore, Tender of Government project based on your price and qualification, not your race or religion, and any Tom, Dick or Harry can tender.

6. Only Bumi are issued Approved Permits (APs) to import Automobiles. Under PAP, Singapore, to import a car, anybody can just log in to Government Portal and apply a license there.

7. Girls must also serve NS. Under PAP, Singapore – nope !

8. If you are Bumi, when you buy KFC or McDonald (or any other places of course), the cashier can omit the Sales Tax in your bill. But if you are minorities, well, you have to pay the tax. That’s why minorities are against the coming GST this year, because end up they are the ones who pay and not the Bumi. Under PAP, Singapore is fair, everybody pay the same share, regardless who you are.

9. Service charge 10%, Sales Tax 6%, coming GST 6%, total 22% and they plan to increase GST to 9%. Means one day your dinner with your family might add 25% more. Do you feels happy Singapore only 7% now?

10. University quota is NOT based on qualification, 60% must be reserved for Bumi, regardless of their qualification. Under PAP, Singapore we also have local quota, but not based on race, but merit and qualification.

11. Orang Asli of peninsular Malaysia are NOT considered Bumiputra under the Federal constitution, maybe because of different religion. Their definition of BUMI is really strict, somehow involving religion and language as well.

12. Malaysia’s federal constitution stipulates that only a Bumi CAN ever become the prime minister, deputy prime minister , finance minister, defence minister, home minister, menteri besar and in all “sensitive areas” which is strictly prohibited for other minority races. Under PAP, Singapore, we have all races in our cabinet.

13. Malaysia’s Crime Rate, need to say anything more????

Now, do you feel GRATEFUL to be Singaporean? Still want to complain?

Once again, Singapore is not perfect, in fact I think it’s only 70% good and 30% bad, but I’m very happy to stay here because it’s already exceeded my expectations as a fair country. It’s expensive here, yes, damn expensive, but worth it. I just hope that whatever we have achieved will not be ruined just because of some sour grapes.

Susu Besar

* Submitted by TRE reader.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really, if you want to delve into comparison, please do not compare an orange with an apple. There is no way for pappies to do the things that boleh land is doing.

The boleh land is a monarchy but SG is not. Although the Agong is just a constitutional figure, he is also a Sultan of his own rights in his own State, one of the many States forming the Federation of Malaysia. As a Sultan, he can promote racism in his State by putting everything first for bumi. What can the other races do?

You buay song and want to kick the Sultan out of his State? Wait long long. The Sultanate is entrenched in that State for perpetuity. So, in Malaysia, bumi has priority over everything but in SG, it is a multi-racial country where meritocracy rules. There is no monarchy although some jokers say LKY is the Emperor and LHL is the Crown Prince.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now, just for fun, take a closer look on what is written:

...Lee Kuan Yew & Tunku Abdul Rahman (November 1962)
Only Bumi (regardless rich or poor) get a compulsory 10% discount when they purchase a property whilst the minority races have to pay the full price even if they are poor. Under PAP, we also got HDB grant, but too ALL races....

The land in each State belongs to the Sultan of that State or the Govt. If the Council of Sultans supports the decision to grant the 10% discount, all bumi in Malaysia will get it but non-bumi will not.

In SG, the real land owner is the State and the status of free hold is just a smoke screen. If the Govt needs your land for development, it applies the Land Acquisition Act and your land is gone.

In SG, the HDB is the landlord. It is run like an enterprise; it builds, it sells, it finances the sale as well. Being greedy to sell as many flats as possible, it also allows PRs to buy HDB flats to achieve the sales turnover and to generate services income from financing it as well. This is the so-called sales to all races and nationalities, sinkies and PRs.

You can see the difference between greediness in SG and nationalism in boleh land.

beteljuice

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY being aborted at birth, we will be in Singapore with cost of living a quarter of the present.
There will not be a fucking legion of PAP maggots cockroaches eating well and living well at our expense.
The Singapore Court will be a respectable decent place instead of the present cesspoll of filth and corrupt perverted kangaroos hand picked by that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP still has a 'Bumi' policy, although a cleverly disguised one along non-racial ones. If you cannot see it you must be quite blind.

Only pro-PAP twits think that everything is fine and dandy in Singapore and constantly use Malaysia/Mudland/Islamic m&ds as a bogeyman to scare Sinkies into acquiescence of the PAP's perpetual clinging onto power. Oooh, we must be grateful to the 'Founding Father of Modern Singapore' for transforming the island from a fishing village into an overpriced, overcrowded cesspit overrun by foreigners.

These same pro-PAP twits always attempt to highlight and magnify the crimes in Malaysia to contrast Singapore in a better light. Oooh, Malaysia got a 2-year old girl who got beheaded. That can only mean violent crimes do not happen and Sinkieland and the Sinkie poodles are dependable and righteous, right? :rolleyes:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

The young generation never looks at the history of Singapore, and only wants fast results. Let me tell you now, if there were no LKY and PAP, we would still be part of Malaysia and this is what would happen to us NOW:

1. Only Bumi (regardless rich or poor) get a compulsory 10% discount when they purchase a property whilst the minority races have to pay the full price even if they are poor. Under PAP, we also got HDB grant, but too ALL races.

In SIngapore, Familee can also get property discounts when buying. Especially luxury condos like Nassim Jade and build by HPL. These discounts also not available to other families not called Lees and Kwas. HDB grant is a red herring. HDB raise your flat price by XXXX and than give you a grant equivalent to 0.XXX%, that's no advantage.

2. Only Bumi can get freehold land, and minorities get leasehold. Under PAP, Singapore all fair under the law called STRATA !!!

Currently, a lot of properties in Iskandar marketing to singaporeans as freehold for sale. Since sinkies are not bumis, this statement cannot be true.

3. If you want to list your company in Stock Market, must give 30% to Bumi ownership, if not cannot loh (that’s why those Datuk-Datuk appointed, just to sit there and sign paper, no need to work). Wow, life is so easy, just let your name to be printed, and you get 30% WOWWWW!

At least you can list you company on the stock market. In singapore u scared to do so because so many GLCs are also on the stock market, and they have the muscle to undercut you and kill u if you are in the same industry. Also, If i start an airline company, would I even be able to get a licence for it, much less grow it enough to list it? Not likely. In Malaysia, u have AIr Asia doing a good job against the state owned MAS. In SIngapore, good luck if u want to start an airline to compete with the state owned ones.

4. A basket of government-run (and profit-guaranteed) mutual funds are available for purchase by Bumiputra buyers only. The Amanah Saham Nasional (ASN) has return rates approximately 3 to 5 times that of local commercial banks. Minorities CAN NOT BUY !!!! Under PAP, Singapore, bank are chasing all races to buy their products.

In singapore, the govt. forcibly takes the people's CPF and give them only 2.5% interest. In Malaysia, non bumis are getting 6.35% in their EPF. If this is discrimination against non bumis, please, chinese people will take 6.35% over 2.5% all day long.

5. For Government Projects only Bumi can tender. So if minorities want to tender, team up with Bumi, lor. This gives them a name Ali-Baba, Ali is Bumi, and Baba is minorities. Under PAP, Singapore, Tender of Government project based on your price and qualification, not your race or religion, and any Tom, Dick or Harry can tender.

Under PAP, all large tender projects including MRT tunneling, stations, and many infrastructures are given to Jap, Koreans, western, and now PRC companies. Singapore companies can't even smell a chance, no matter how they tender. SO, what is the difference? As we know from examples of singapore tender, Brompton Bikes contracts are given also based on who u know. what's the difference?

6. Only Bumi are issued Approved Permits (APs) to import Automobiles. Under PAP, Singapore, to import a car, anybody can just log in to Government Portal and apply a license there.

Non bumis don't care, they can buy cars from any one of the 3 manufacturers in malaysia, as well as others doing assembly in malaysia. As far as non bumis are concerned in Malaysia, a car is only 1/4 the price of one in singapore. A smart person does not talk shit abiut who got permits, who does not, nor do they talk shit about how easy to log into what fuck govt. portal. They only care about how much they pay for the car, and in this regard, non bumis in malaysia win hands down.

Girls in singapore should serve NS, they will spend less time being SPGs

8. If you are Bumi, when you buy KFC or McDonald (or any other places of course), the cashier can omit the Sales Tax in your bill. But if you are minorities, well, you have to pay the tax. That’s why minorities are against the coming GST this year, because end up they are the ones who pay and not the Bumi. Under PAP, Singapore is fair, everybody pay the same share, regardless who you are.

How many people pay the sales tax in malaysia? I eat at a kopitiam in JB, they charge me sales tax?
9. Service charge 10%, Sales Tax 6%, coming GST 6%, total 22% and they plan to increase GST to 9%. Means one day your dinner with your family might add 25% more. Do you feels happy Singapore only 7% now?

Singapore's GST will also increase in the future. don't worry about that.
10. University quota is NOT based on qualification, 60% must be reserved for Bumi, regardless of their qualification. Under PAP, Singapore we also have local quota, but not based on race, but merit and qualification.

11. Orang Asli of peninsular Malaysia are NOT considered Bumiputra under the Federal constitution, maybe because of different religion. Their definition of BUMI is really strict, somehow involving religion and language as well.

12. Malaysia’s federal constitution stipulates that only a Bumi CAN ever become the prime minister, deputy prime minister , finance minister, defence minister, home minister, menteri besar and in all “sensitive areas” which is strictly prohibited for other minority races. Under PAP, Singapore, we have all races in our cabinet.

Singapore constitition also states that only related Familee can be prime minister, and they relatives like uncles can be President. And they wives can be sovereign wealth fund manager. SO, u say there is nepotism and cronysim in malaysian politics , well, its in singapore too.

What about malaysian crime rate. Kindly name the last time a large rito broke out in malaysia with police cars and ambulance being burnt.?

Once again, Singapore is not perfect, in fact I think it’s only 70% good and 30% bad, but I’m very happy to stay here because it’s already exceeded my expectations as a fair country. It’s expensive here, yes, damn expensive, but worth it. I just hope that whatever we have achieved will not be ruined just because of some sour grapes.

Susu Besar

My comments in blue.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 RM= 3 sing dollar

Susu Besar

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Spore was so great how come so few Malaysians are willing to take up citizenship.:confused:

You will find plenty of them with PR working here but almost none who are willing to take up Spore citizenship.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Spore was so great how come so few Malaysians are willing to take up citizenship.:confused:

You will find plenty of them with PR working here but almost none who are willing to take up Spore citizenship.

Singapore is like a prostitute: a lot of money and services change hands, but at the end of the day, only an idiot would marry you. :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I have always considered myself to be very privileged to be a Singaporean and I am full of gratitude towards Mr Lee Kuan Yew and his able son Mr Lee Hsien Loong.

Together, they have transformed Singapore from swampland to 1st world metropolis in less than a generation. Without them, Singapore would be nothing.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have always considered myself to be very privileged to be a Singaporean and I am full of gratitude towards Mr Lee Kuan Yew and his able son Mr Lee Hsien Loong.

Together, they have transformed Singapore from swampland to 1st world metropolis in less than a generation. Without them, Singapore would be nothing.

GASP!

You forgot to take your meds again!

Quick go dip your head in bucket used by 50 bangla to shit and pee in.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really, if you want to delve into comparison, please do not compare an orange with an apple.

I love your above sentence n it should also serve as a reminder to you ppl that dun compare an apple with a banana....

Opposition IBs like you always like to compare PAPs negatives to others positives as if other govt has no negatives at all.... And worst of all always comparing to SG (Whinning Party) WP which they have done nothing n serve nothing to Singaporeans!!!

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
it also allows PRs to buy HDB flats to achieve the sales turnover and to generate services income from financing it as well. This is the so-called sales to all races and nationalities, sinkies and PRs.

You can see the difference between greediness in SG and nationalism in boleh land.

You mean PRs cannot buy HDB in SG???? PRs need to sleep on the streets like Beggars???

Do you know what it means by PR or not???

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY being aborted at birth, we will be in Singapore with cost of living a quarter of the present.
There will not be a fucking legion of PAP maggots cockroaches eating well and living well at our expense.
The Singapore Court will be a respectable decent place instead of the present cesspoll of filth and corrupt perverted kangaroos hand picked by that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY

:biggrin: Eunuch Escher.... Indeed you have plenty of clones!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

No wonder you n your coward gangs always love to claim others having clones becoz you're one of those who do it the same way!!!! DISGRACEFUL!!!