• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I'm Begging SDP-Don't Contest the BE

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
And it goes to all other opposition partys.

We have a good chance here and now for the opposition to snatch the BE, with all the recent PAP scandals and skeletons coming out the closet.

Let WP go on a straight fight. They have been doing good work in Punggol. A multi-cornered fight will return PAP.

SDP should focus and concentrate on taking the moral hi ground. Stay out and lets assure an oposition win.

A straight SDP-PAP fight may just let PAP win again. Then it will be a setback for ALL opposition, that under current climate and non-performance by PAP, they can still win. Think of the demoralisation. Think of the betrayal.

If CSJ still insists on running, then SDP would be the end loser as most ppl will see them as sabo-kings, the same ppl who never ever can become team players.

Will he ever learn? I don't think so.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We have a good chance here and now for the opposition to snatch the BE, with all the recent PAP scandals and skeletons coming out the closet.

Let WP go on a straight fight. They have been doing good work in Punggol. A multi-cornered fight will return PAP.

SDP should focus and concentrate on taking the moral hi ground. Stay out and lets assure an oposition win.

A straight SDP-PAP fight may just let PAP win again. Then it will be a setback for ALL opposition, that under current climate and non-performance by PAP, they can still win. Think of the demoralisation. Think of the betrayal.

If CSJ still insists on running, then SDP would be the end loser as most ppl will see them as sabo-kings, the same ppl who never ever can become team players.

and Desmond Lim has some spare cash to donate to PMO too.

Well...if Desmond score more than 10% of the Pongol votes or SDP scores more than 30%, I will chop off my kuku bird and become a transgender.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
CSJ has stigmatised the SDP and it's not easy for the people to forget despite the new faces he has managed to recruit. Those new faces at the last GE rally were great speakers - very fiery, very passionate and very comical. But Singaporeans are serious people and pragmatism won the day. I thought that quiet and charming banker Michelle should stand in PE!!!

WP also a spoiler lah. Many people not impressed at all with the leaders - the way they speak to the media really no standard macham uncles and aunties. Maybe if they put up Glenda Han, one of the four assassins in AMK GRC in previous GE,maybe stand a good chance.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if it's a PAP vs WP, one-on-one contest, I doubt it'll make any difference.

The residents of Hougang are quite different from the residents of Punggol.

AhFook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a bad thing to have sdp in the fray. It is high time WP sees competition and come out of their silent mode to earn their keep. With them on silent mode, sinkies will have to wait long long to see their cpf.

It is a Coke (pap), or diet coke (wp) or a Tiger (Sdp)

I go for a Tiger anytime!

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woohoo all the IBs come out to party liao. It's one election that the Oppo will not be allowed to win. :wink:

So the ruling party to retain PE seat, multi-cornered contest or not.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
No point begging. No dignity in begging.

If parties are determined to run in the election, let it be. That is their democratic right.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
You'd rather I beg or kill?

No dignity in begging? Tell that to a disabled mother who needs to feed her child.

The dignity's not there because you cannot see it when others can.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a bad thing to have sdp in the fray. It is high time WP sees competition and come out of their silent mode to earn their keep. With them on silent mode, sinkies will have to wait long long to see their cpf.

It is a Coke (pap), or diet coke (wp) or a Tiger (Sdp)

I go for a Tiger anytime!

*** YAWN ***

What SDP is Tiger lah. It is The Invincible ONLINE Party.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It will be hard for SDP to back out,,as CSJ is the best weapon pap has against the OPPOs,,,,

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It will be hard for SDP to back out,,as CSJ is the best weapon pap has against the OPPOs,,,,

you very the chun hor this one...alas chairman says he wants to add belachan into the contest...so confirmed liao sdp coming to spoil the party...haha

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SDP..with CSJ at the helm will never get anywhere,,,besides SDP style of democracy does not appeal to the singaporean masses...all these welfare for the trailer park trash, single moms,,,etc will kill the country like the PAP....

you very the chun hor this one...alas chairman says he wants to add belachan into the contest...so confirmed liao sdp coming to spoil the party...haha

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP already broke ranks with the other opposition parties during the last GE. SDP has no choice but to look after their own party's interests too in this case.

gsfosnis

Alfrescian
Loyal

The public perception is very important to any political party.
If you play your cards right you gain more recognition and attract new and more support from your supporters and the middle ground.
Right now, The Worker's Party is the only political party that has the working experience in managing SMC and GRC because they defeated PAP in the GE and BE.
Its a good strategy to form an alliance with The Worker's Party and support them in this Punggol East BE 2013.

In the event where in GE2016, SDP, NSP, SPP and RP defeat PAP in a GRC or SMC, who do you think is most likely to help in sharing and
transferring of knowledge and technology in managing GRC Town Councils? The Worker's Party of course!
Opposition Parties must "AIM" properly.

So instead of having a multi-party contest in Punggol East BE 2013, all Opposition Parties should rally together to
support The Worker's Party and defeat the PAP.
The Opposition Parties should take this opportunity to analyse and sharpen their strategies for GE 2016.
Focus and concentrate on defeating PAP in GE 2016.

Last edited: