• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IKEA Employs Singaporeans!

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
2lmmqee.jpg

Last edited:

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ikea is one of the best companies to work for

They are totally privately owned, cash rich, environmentally-friendly, pro-family and creative with their products

I wish the Ikea management runs sinkapore

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal

They are totally privately owned, cash rich, environmentally-friendly, pro-family and creative with their products

CEO or dunno top management featured in the newspaper...drives a lau pok car.

:eek: :o :eek:

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
CEO or dunno top management featured in the newspaper...drives a lau pok car.

:eek: :o :eek:

Fucking cool :cool:

I remember reading that the Ikea founder was once a Nazi Youth and he has since apologised for his past association (not like our old man)

Today Ikea is one of the most socially responsible companies in the world

It's even more amazing when you realise that they are essentially just a 'furniture' company - it's their ideas that make them so successful. They are able to lead the market with great design and very clever markeing (love their adverts).

Whatever 'angmo tua kee' people might say, some times have to admit the Europeans are really very progressive people. Asia needs a few more generations to catch up with them.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever 'angmo tua kee' people might say, some times have to admit the Europeans are really very progressive people. Asia needs a few more generations to catch up with them.

Hmmmm...hate to admit....but yes.

:o :( :o

snooker

Alfrescian
Loyal

I remember reading that the Ikea founder was once a Nazi Youth and he has since apologised for his past association (not like our old man)

It's even more amazing when you realise that they are essentially just a 'furniture' company - it's their ideas that make them so successful. They are able to lead the market with great design and very clever markeing (love their adverts).

we regressing with every generation..how to catch up?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good company.Always noticed that almost all the staff are local although its a foreign company.
Also feel safer there as I have yet to meet a PRC working there-at least you know your food not contaminated.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I urge all Singaporean to buy Ikea products.

IKEA has done SINGAPOREAN proud, our govt should learn from them!!!

blader

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fyi ikea is not environmentally-green, They import their stuff from 3rd world countries. Whos knows what additional goodies they put in their stuff??

Pro family wise, care to explain more???

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fyi ikea is not environmentally-green, They import their stuff from 3rd world countries. Whos knows what additional goodies they put in their stuff??

Har? Becos they import from 3rd world countries, they are not environmentally friendly?

Pro family wise, care to explain more???

I am about to go to bed so only did a quick search
http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/about_ikea/working_at_ikea/working_mother06.pdf

Feel free to browse the internet for more info :wink:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
And so the PAP didn't send a replacement for Seng Han Thong to lambaste Ikea like what they did to WP and the Hougang Town Council.

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal

FUCKING BASTARD LEE KUAN YEW STILL VELY PROUD AND BOAST AND BOAST IN HIS MEMOIRS HE WORKED FOR KEMPAI TAI IN WW2 SO HE CAN EAT BETTER AND LIVE BETTER

WHILE OUR FOREFATHERS WHO FOUGHT THE JAPS EAT TAPIOCA AND DIED IN KEMPAI TAI TORTURE CHAMBERS

LKY SAID HE TRANSLATOR

MAYBE HE SAT IN THOSE TORTURE CHAMBERS TRANSLATING THE SCREAMS AND SCREAMS

TRAITORS ALL EAT BETTER AND LIVE BETTER SUCH AS THOSE COCKROACHES IN WHITE RUNNING AROUND LKY SHIT

AND HIS RUNNING DOGS

AND HIS FUCKING KANGAROO JUDGES

THE TIME WILL COME WHEN ALL OF THEM WILL RUN AND HIDE OR GET THROWN INTO PRISON WITH LKY

GO ALL OUT TO KICK ALL THOSE BASTARDS OUT

ALL OF THEM

DO NOT WAIT UNTIL ELECTION TIME
THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW!

TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR RELATIVES.

SUPPORT OPPOSITION PARTIES WITH YOUR TIME AND MONEY AND STAND BY THEM AND WITH THEM.

THEY SPEAK FOR YOU AND TRY TO SPEAK FOR YOU.

NOT LKY AND HIS BASTARDS IN WHITE WHO ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY AND TO FUCK YOU.

IF NOT FOR YOURSELF, THEN FOR THE FUTURE OF YOUR CHILDREN

THERE WILL NOT BE AN OBAMA AS PRESIDENT OF USA IF THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT THERE WAS INTIMIDATED BY BEATINGS AND LYNCHINGS IN THE PAST.

THE TOBBLING OF LKY WILL NOT BE EASY, AND CAN BE BLOODY AS WELL.
THEY WILL NOT GIVE UP THE BILLIONS THAT THEY SUCKED FROM YOU AND CAN CONTINUE TO SCREW FROM YOU NOW AND IN FUTURE.

ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER TO SAY 'NO MORE OF THAT' AND THROW EVERYONE OF THOSE BASTARDS OUT

Sinkies must organise themselves

Show that they got balls and can stand up to LKY intimidation.

Big money at stake.

Already 400-500++ billions got sucked and bled by LKY into his Temasick and GIC.
HOW MANY OTHER BILLIONS GOT SUCKED AND USED BY THEM IN GLC WHERE THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS AND MINISTERS AND BASTARDS IN WHITE ARE CHAIRMAN AND CEOS?

EVEN IF NO ELECTIONS, SINKIES MUST SPEAK WITH ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND ALL THEY KNOW

STAND UP TO THAT BASTARD LKY AND PAP BLOODSUCKERS

STAND WITH ALL THOSE THAT FIGHT BASTARD LKY

OR STAND UP YOURSELF IN YOUR CONSTITUENCY

DONT BE BULLIED BY THAT FUCKING COWARD LKY USING HIS CORRUPT KANGAROO COURTS AND ALL THAT HE CAN, AND WILL THROW AT YOU

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
before we get away with praising IKEA to the skies...please think...how many of the senior management of IKEA in Singapore are locals?

yah sure, they hire Singaporeans but as what - ground staff, kitchen helpers, serveurs...but if all their top managment / senior management / middle management are FTs...whats the point? I am not saying this is the case, I am saying I am not sure.

When I go IKEA, sure their staff on the ground like serveurs, cashiers are locals...but I dun noe about their management. If its a truly corporate responsible company, they should also be providing opportunities for the local talent to be developed and manage as well.

The IR at Marina is also trumpeting that they will be hiring locals - for menial and service jobs...the management jobs are still primarily for FTs - that they will be shipping over from their failed venture in Macau.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the founder of ikea have to escape from his country of birth, because his country like to take from the rich and give to the poor. i pity him, because he is smart and rich, he is force to give up so much of his wealth to bum in his country, and he just have to get out.

his family also pull the hq from country of birth to another country to save corp tax.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
before we get away with praising IKEA to the skies...please think...how many of the senior management of IKEA in Singapore are locals?

yah sure, they hire Singaporeans but as what - ground staff, kitchen helpers, serveurs...but if all their top managment / senior management / middle management are FTs...whats the point? I am not saying this is the case, I am saying I am not sure.

When I go IKEA, sure their staff on the ground like serveurs, cashiers are locals...but I dun noe about their management. If its a truly corporate responsible company, they should also be providing opportunities for the local talent to be developed and manage as well.

The IR at Marina is also trumpeting that they will be hiring locals - for menial and service jobs...the management jobs are still primarily for FTs - that they will be shipping over from their failed venture in Macau.

The fact that a foreign company is willing to take the lead and announce that they want to hire Sinkies is already above and beyond their core objectives, which is to make money.

It's like giving DBS and Dirty Harry and Ho Jinx a slap in the face, even local bosses are not willing to make such commitment.

As for what post, it's up to Ikea really, no one else have the right to demand for managerial post, you complain is childish and illogical, no one owe us a living, majority of sinkies voted for a wayang gov that never really help, now you want to demand managerial post from a private company?

How ungrateful can one be.

As to those Managers that came up with this idea in Ikea, please ignore childish and unreasonable complain like this, I'm sure majority appreciate your gesture, please continue to hire as many locals as you can, whatever post available.

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would rather a company hires locals for the lower positions than have the top management held by locals and all the rest by FTs which is the exact situation in SG now.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good company.Always noticed that almost all the staff are local although its a foreign company.

I think not all staff are local. I remember i encounter 1 of the staff there is a pinoy. Can see from the look and the way she speaks.
!&!!