• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat If you near the area, try this Bak Chor Mee

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Few months ago, went to have an early breakfast at the Hougang Hainanese food centre and saw a one-armed man making meatballs by hand. He was slapping the minced meat and stirring and mixing the ingredients in, all with one arm. Tedious doesn't even begin to describe it. Saw a recent video about this stall again, so decide to share. If any bros around the area, and have time, can give it a try.

P.S. I am not in anyway related to the hawker and do not know him personally, his bak chor mee is slightly above average at best and mostly average, nothing special. But compared to able-bodied losers whining and complaining about being under-employed or unemployed even with a "Diploma", "Degree" and what-nots, peers driving fancy cars and shit, this guy stands above many. So, give him a hand, 帮帮忙 (excuse the pun).

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He considered 3rd “generation”. His FIL started as illegal roadside stall along 6th miles point of upper Serangoon road. His FIL later relocated to market at Hougang Ave 7. During his FIL era, it very popular. His FIL called “tok mak”. Open stall very early, I ate at stall at 5+am while waiting for the first bus to arrive at tampines road in order to make it to first parade at tekong on Monday morning.

Later the stall passed to his adopted daughter(according to my mom) who later also died. (Another sad story) so the business turned to daughter’s handicap husband. Taste no the same as FIL era.