• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you kena retrenched.........

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What would you do?
What's the first thing in your mind? If the R word hits you......

If you are single, what's next.....
If you are married, no kids, what's next....
If you are married, with school going kids, what's next.....
If you are married, with university going kids, with mortgage and car loans, what's next.....
If you are married, with university going kids, with mortgage and car loans, and aging parents to support, what's next......

I guess lots of people don't really think or plan what to do next, as the thought may always be its not me syndrome.....till it really hits one real hard.

Jakub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be your own boss

Married and have kids in sg? You will live from hand to mouth with an income of $2K.

Stinkapore is a playground for the rich.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
although it's good to think about your questions but i think sinkies will be terrified by it, stop spreading fear among the balless sinkies.:p:biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What would you do?

If you are married, with university going kids, with mortgage and car loans, what's next.....
If you are married, with university going kids, with mortgage and car loans, and aging parents to support, what's next......

I guess lots of people don't really think or plan what to do next, as the thought may always be its not me syndrome.....till it really hits one real hard.

I did.

That's why when I started working, I started to save about 20% of my income. As I progressively earned more, I increased my salary savings to 50% of my income. Now, it's probably about 70 to 80% of my income. Whatever I saved, a portion of it is invested into stocks that gave regular dividends. When I saved enough, I partnered with some friends to buy a coffee shop which we leased out for rental income and later on sold for a good profit. And the cycle continues.

Most sinkies probably spent most of their income and saved whatever's left. Little wonder despite working for years, or even earning lots of money, most of them have little savings and real wealth. When a financial crisis comes, many of them go bankrupt while more stable rich guys like me only lose a portion of our wealth but the bulk of it is still intact.

jw5

Loyal
What would you do?

If you are married, no kids, the next time you have sex with wifey, use 2 condoms instead of 1. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did.

That's why when I started working, I started to save about 20% of my income. As I progressively earned more, I increased my salary savings to 50% of my income. Now, it's probably about 70 to 80% of my income. Whatever I saved, a portion of it is invested into stocks that gave regular dividends. When I saved enough, I partnered with some friends to buy a coffee shop which we leased out for rental income and later on sold for a good profit. And the cycle continues.

Most sinkies probably spent most of their income and saved whatever's left. Little wonder despite working for years, or even earning lots of money, most of them have little savings and real wealth. When a financial crisis comes, many of them go bankrupt while more stable rich guys like me only lose a portion of our wealth but the bulk of it is still intact.

When PAP is toppled, then what would happen to you?

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
12928388_2010694332490075_6238319183307278845_n.jpg

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
When PAP is toppled, then what would happen to you?

I dun think MIW can be toppled so easily at least not for the next 100 years :eek: The dumb sinkies will always breed a new generation of dumber sinkies. We are doomed. So your statement is moot.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun think MIW can be toppled so easily at least not for the next 100 years :eek: The dumb sinkies will always breed a new generation of dumber sinkies. We are doomed. So your statement is moot.

let's talk about it if they have another 100 years.

jw5

Loyal

In that case, can you please leave a message in your will for your great great grandchildren telling them to:

Vote Opposition Until PAP Becomes The Opposition. :wink:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did.

For most Singaporeans, it's left hand in, right hand out.....me included.
You are good johntan, I guess you have multiple streams of income now......
Dividend, rental income, Fd income, stocks appreciation, and even capital asset appreciation, if you have bought your condos many years ago.....

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What would you do?

This is really a good question that one should ask themselves especially for those Sinkies living in the society of Sillypore.
But in reality majority of them won't even be bother to think far enough as they always thought "raining days without shelter" won't happen to them one.
Keep hearing those young chaps (even today) talking happily about finding their Mr/Mrs right, get married, get their HDB/Condo, get a car, and have their own kids.
Not easy to tell them how the Sillypore society really function these days. Futhermore they will never know how painful it can be when being poked by a needle.
They will only get to know the reality until the day they experienced it themselves personally.

When the shit really hits the fan, things change and people also change. You will be forced to make ends meet by letting go all your past lucrative lifestyle.
You can no longer afford to stay in a condo or even a 5 room HDB flat. You can't even afford to pay for your petrol, parking and even maintenance.
Your wife starts to get more bitchy and it's the first time you could be shock to saw her true character after years of marriage.
Your good friends, drink buddies will eventually shunt away from you when you tried asking them for some financial help etc.
All these add up to our sorrows and disappointment and you'll be wondering why you get married in the first place.
You will realized that there is no such thing as lasting friends or enemies forever as those that usually don't talk to you will be more open to accept what and who you are.

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your wife starts to get more bitchy and it's the first time you could be shock to saw her true character after years of marriage...All these add up to our sorrows and disappointment and you'll be wondering why you get married in the first place.
Unfortunately for me and my father, my own mother is such a woman. :(

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For most Singaporeans, it's left hand in, right hand out.....me included.
You are good johntan, I guess you have multiple streams of income now......
Dividend, rental income, Fd income, stocks appreciation, and even capital asset appreciation, if you have bought your condos many years ago.....

I have all those as you said.

I don't think I am very smart. Just an average guy like most sinkies. I was lucky that years ago when I was a fresh grad, I met a senior who was a salary slave. Slog so hard and in the end, the company retrenched him just like that. He lost his PMET job, but had HDB mortgage, car, kids and high family expenses to support. He ended up driving taxi and his life went downhill. He never recovered from that single retrenchment. I didn't want to end up like him, so I simply did things he didn't do, such as build multiple streams of income even while I was a junior employee.