• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If the CDF has never fought a war, what rank should he hold?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the CDF has never fought a war, what rank should he hold?

Many of you complain we have paper generals who never fought a war. So, what should the highest rank be in the SAF? How many BGs/RADM should there be? If there shouldn't be BGs because they never fought a war, what rank should the Chiefs of Army, Navy and Air Force have? What rank should division commanders hold?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Priest lah, look at Kee Chiu and his antics at his ministry. Looks like he can't even organise a boy scout camp, much less be a Major-General.....

he's always comfortable with the Cantonese aunties, luring them to pap rallies with foc transport and packets of kai-fan, hosek, hosek mah, makahai!

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a scholar system so entrenched that I cannot stop but can show my finger to

The rank system is correct.

In armies all around the world, a Brigadier General commands a brigade (hence the name), a Major-General commands a division, a Lieutenant-General commands an corps (e.g. Engineer Corps) and a General commands an Army. Many countries have more than one army, hence you will see the Russian Army split up into the 25th Army, 35th Army, etc.

For us, a Colonel commands a Brigade, and a BG commands a division. This is already a tacit admission that our army is small and inexperienced (combat-wise).

I have no problem with our CDF being a Lt-Gen and our service chiefs being Major Generals.

My problem is in the METHOD OF SELECTION of these personnel. To select these people on the basis of academic results and fast-track them to such positions starting from the age of 18 is downright ridiculous.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rank system is correct.

In armies all around the world, a Brigadier General commands a brigade (hence the name), a Major-General commands a division, a Lieutenant-General commands an corps (e.g. Engineer Corps) and a General commands an Army. Many countries have more than one army, hence you will see the Russian Army split up into the 25th Army, 35th Army, etc.

For us, a Colonel commands a Brigade, and a BG commands a division. This is already a tacit admission that our army is small and inexperienced (combat-wise).

I have no problem with our CDF being a Lt-Gen and our service chiefs being Major Generals.

My problem is in the METHOD OF SELECTION of these personnel. To select these people on the basis of academic results and fast-track them to such positions starting from the age of 18 is downright ridiculous.

Wise reply.

how many BGs should The SAF have? Should many joint intel/ops/manpower depts be commanded by BGs?

What about reduced the ranks--CDF : Major-General, Chiefs: BGs Divsion Commanders: Max Col.

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal

Kee Chiu has forearms of a schoolgirl but is a Lee Kuan Yew Scholar in addition to being a Presidents' scholar. Method of selection: fail

t0nychat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie army and sinkie Generals are unless.

All you sinkies who served NS are nothing but ball less.

The Malaysia army is 1000 times better than your lousy sinkie army.