• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If PAP wins Hougang, no more Hougang SMC in GE2016?

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Desmond should use the following strategy... announced he will merge Hougang SMC with AMK GRC if Hougang Residents vote for him

Our esteem PM has been the MP for Teck Ghee since he joined politics in 1984, surely if Desmond says that he plans to merge Hougang SMC with AMK GRC, would be a plus point for him. Our PM's vote count rose from 66.1% in GE2006 to 69.3% in GE2011 in the midst of backlash against PAP. Even the once popular ESM Goh saw his vote count plunge in Marine Parade GRC , his stronghold in the 90s.

Surely Desmond can't have no confidence in our PM's popularity, the results speaks for themselves. In fact, I think Desmond should ride on PM's popularity to win over Hougang voters, once and for all. It would be such a waste if he didn't.

I think our PM should assert his position as party Secretary General and ask Desmond to ride on his popularity to retake Hougang SMC

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome to AMK GRC

PM%2BLee%2BHsien%2BLoong%2BAMK%2BRally%2B2.JPG

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Desmond should use the following strategy... announced he will merge Hougang SMC with AMK GRC if Hougang Residents vote for him

Our esteem PM has been the MP for Teck Ghee since he joined politics in 1984, surely if Desmond says that he plans to merge Hougang SMC with AMK GRC, would be a plus point for him. Our PM's vote count rose from 66.1% in GE2006 to 69.3% in GE2011 in the midst of backlash against PAP. Even the once popular ESM Goh saw his vote count plunge in Marine Parade GRC , his stronghold in the 90s.

Surely Desmond can't have no confidence in our PM's popularity, the results speaks for themselves. In fact, I think Desmond should ride on PM's popularity to win over Hougang voters, once and for all. It would be such a waste if he didn't.

I think our PM should assert his position as party Secretary General and ask Desmond to ride on his popularity to retake Hougang SMC

No confidence in PM's popularity?

thumbnail2.jpg

Desmond Choo wants Hougang to stay as SMC
http://media.straitstimes.com/st/home_razor.php#?w=576

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
No confidence in PM's popularity?

What Desmond should do is to ask the lacking-in-confidence PM to come out and make a statement on his behalf.

PM Lee must in no uncertain terms, say something like this: "A Vote for this De(s)mon(d) is a Vote for my eVil regime. As a sign of faltering support, I will resign if he is NOT elected as MP for LouGang!

"In fact my gang and ALL my gangsters would resign from their seats as a form of protest!"

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Hougang wins, they residents will be blessed.

Have you seen the massive SERS program at Ang Mo Kio Ave 10? Without merging Hougang SMC with AMK GRC, how to "fast track" 20 years underdevelopment? Look at Potong Pasir, what has Sitoh achieved after 1 year?

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
MP wants more time to pay for Potong Pasir lift upgrading
The Straits Times
The Straits Times
Published on Apr 21, 2012

MP wants more time to pay for Potong Pasir lift upgrading
Sitoh Yih Pin asks ministry if town council can repay the $8.7m it owes over nine years

By Teo Wan Gek

When lift upgrading finally arrived at Potong Pasir's doorstep, it ended a long wait for many of its residents. But when the time came to pay the bill, the town council found itself asking for more time.

Newly elected MP Sitoh Yih Pin is asking for nine years to repay the $8.7 million that the town council owes to the Ministry of National Development (MND) for the Lift Upgrading Programme (LUP) to be done in 48 blocks, instead of the 2014 deadline.

He needs the extension because the town council does not have enough in its residential sinking fund: According to its annual report, as of March 31 last year, the Potong Pasir Town Council had $4.4 million.

Said Mr Sitoh: 'This is not enough to cover the cost of the 48 blocks that have been identified for the LUP, which will amount to $8.7 million.'
Copyright © 2011 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond says he can only take small steps

Title : Small concrete steps needed to help Hougang residents: Desmond Choo
By :
Date : 13 May 2012 1321 hrs (SST)
URL : http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1200957/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Mr Desmond Choo, the PAP member slated to stand in the Hougang by-election, said small concrete steps must be taken to help residents.

Speaking on the sidelines of his visit to the ward on Sunday morning, the 34-year-old unionist said rising costs of living is a top concern of the people.

He gave an example of how there are many families in Hougang who have school-going children.

To ease their burden, these families can apply for subsidies and the children will be able to get S$30-S$40 top-ups on their transitlink cards.

Mr Choo added that daily problems residents face must be tackled, as they cannot wait for broad-scale policies to kick in.

He said he would air these concerns of residents to help them.

He also touched on the legal clinic to be organised by prominent criminal lawyer Subhas Anandan, saying it will be ready by May 15 at the Hougang Community Club.

He said the legal sessions will go on regardless of the results of the by-election.

Besides visiting the market at Block 322, Hougang Avenue 5 on Sunday morning, Mr Choo also joined residents for breakfast and later visited the blood donation drive at nearby Block 328.

- CNA/cc

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY has always wanted his two burdenful SMCs to be out of Singapore map so that PAP can consolidate Singapore. Potong Pasir now taken by PAP is a complete goner and will dissappear in the next election. Now left with Hougang, he wanted to live to see this two captured by his son. Will his wish be granted will depend on this BE. The world, not just Singapore, is watching Hougang the icon of Singapore democracy.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY only wish to see the whole of singapore controlled by PAP.
Hope he gets to see it before he......

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP wants to capture all the seats so badly that it will use all means to skew the votes to their advantage. I wonder if one day, in a General Election, not a single opposition member submits a nomination, will it then be celebrating in joy or shocked at the mockery of its version of democracy?

Last edited:

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY only wish to see the whole of singapore controlled by PAP.
Hope he gets to see it before he......

This old man will never see HG back in the hands of the PAP again in his life-time.
This regret is the only worldly possession he could bring along with him to the next world for postmortem

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
This old man will never see HG back in the hands of the PAP again in his life-time.
This regret is the only worldly possession he could bring along with him to the next world for postmortem

That's right. But I also hope he will live till the next GE in 2016 to see East Coast GRC falls, and perhaps one or two more. That will be the best farewell present to him.