• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If LHL is sincere in his apology, he should take my recommendation.

gesg2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do we really need to have different categories for Singaporeans?

Singaporeans' foreign wives and husbands considered what category? Their children under what category?

Those who are here before independence what category?

Singaporeans' whose parents came from China under 1st class category?

Do you think we are like our up north neighbor? http://goo.gl/ewclY

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont know what to say!

The PAP giant apologising? So he kio tolong? No more GRCs losing? Haha..It's cracking now. The mighty machine is crumbling.

When he goes home, his Papa will make him kneel down and cane him!

Not for doing wrong, but for saying sorry.

PM Lee apologises for mistakes
Shin Min Daily News - 6 hrs 25 mins ago
pc_600x450.jpg

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong says no government is perfect and mistakes will happen, but what is important is to not repeat the same mistakes, apologise for them and improve.

The PM said he was sorry if the government had not performed well, particularly over the escape of Mas Selamat and flooding in Orchard Road. He hoped Singaporeans would understand and promised to make adjustments to better handle such incidents in the future. He also pointed out areas which had performed beyond expectations, like the quick recovery of the economy after the 2009 recession and achieving a strong 14 per cent growth.

If the government could have predicted such a strong rebound, it would have built more HDB flats and expanded the MRT lines. PM Lee said the government will readjust its policies but that will take time and asked for understanding from Singaporeans.

The PAP’s Election Rally at Boat Quay around noon attracted many white-collared workers who stopped to listen during their lunch break.

Last edited:

Truebornsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP can also look at restricting foreigner from buying property in Singapore.
Or just restrict them to 99 years property. That will stabilize property price.
Take out GST for essential like rice, vegetable, meat, etc...
A lot of country do not pay GST for these necessity.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP can also look at restricting foreigner from buying property in Singapore.
Or just restrict them to 99 years property. That will stabilize property price.
Take out GST for essential like rice, vegetable, meat, etc...
A lot of country do not pay GST for these necessity.

No. Foreign property should be restricted to 30 years. This will really contain it, except for the super rich.

Truebornsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: If LHL is sincere in his apology, he should take my recommendation.i

I stated that those who came before 1965 are all classified as first class citizen.
I personally feel our fore-father come and build the country and they never enjoy it and now we are sharing our reward with all non true Singaporean.
If someone want to married a foreigner then it is his or her choice.
Previously Malaysian who become singapore citizen has blue IC.

Imagine : if your father build a company and you help to build the company
And after that he adopted a new son - should the new son have the same entitlement as you or his son same entitlement as your son?

I do not like to classified people but in all over the world they are doing this as mentioned why we should not.

Singapore should not bring in top students from outside so that their school has good result. Our school is become a corporate and they only care about result - they do not care about the students itself.
Do you know that most secondary school will repeat their secondary 3 students if they feel the students will pull down school overall result.
This is sickening - this is because our government care for result - they no longer care about it's people.

Is winning everything? Will our government one day make Singapore a "drug heaven" because this is where the money is or growth will be?

Truebornsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
My further recommendation :-

We have the 1KM parameter for primary school - I recommend we put the classification of Singaporean into this as well.
True Singaporean should come before anything else.
For Secondary school - true Singaporean should be given extra points.

The whole education system suck big time.
How can we expect our future leader to understand about the plight of the poor people or underdog when they never have classmate that is poor at all.
Now if you look at a secondary school like Raffles, Hwa Chong - I can confidently guess that 75-90% of the parents fall into the same background categories....

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
My further recommendation :-

We have the 1KM parameter for primary school - I recommend we put the classification of Singaporean into this as well.
True Singaporean should come before anything else.
For Secondary school - true Singaporean should be given extra points.

The whole education system suck big time.
How can we expect our future leader to understand about the plight of the poor people or underdog when they never have classmate that is poor at all.
Now if you look at a secondary school like Raffles, Hwa Chong - I can confidently guess that 75-90% of the parents fall into the same background categories....

Nah

For really talented FT

FT > Average Singaporean

Get your facts right

Why?

They contribute more to Singapore

Truebornsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreign talent regardless how good they are, they will never contribute more than an average Singaporean, why?
Because the average Singapore parents, grand parents contribute to Singapore and the foreign talent fore father did not.

By the way, if you own son is not contribute more to your household and a foreign (your tenant - Pay rent for room) - are you saying your tenant is more of a son to you than your own son?
Blood is alway thicker than water.... Contribution has nothing to do with it.
Singapore belong to Singapore and not some tenant (foreigner).
When there is problem, the tenant (foreigner) just leave and find another better
place - your son will stick by you all the way...

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would believe he is sincere. But the idiots are messing things up for him even as he tries to mop up their shit.

PM Lee, if you want my suggestion, after elections please replace Mah, Raymond Lim, Vivian. Replace is not put them into PMO or place musical chairs. Replace as in demote and make them MPs only. You have more than enough talent to replace these 3. Thank you.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would believe he is sincere. But the idiots are messing things up for him even as he tries to mop up their shit.

PM Lee, if you want my suggestion, after elections please replace Mah, Raymond Lim, Vivian. Replace is not put them into PMO or place musical chairs. Replace as in demote and make them MPs only. You have more than enough talent to replace these 3. Thank you.

After so many years, not transfered to main building yet?

Truebornsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone from "heartbeat" (pronounced in chinese) told me that in the past when there is VVIP customer based, one of our MP who earn millions (build house) alway loan new phone and never return...
What a cheap skate.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope the oppos don't take this as a trophy and gloat about it in their rallies. This apology is target at the middle ground. If oppos appear to be venegful or gloat they will become appear as arrogant people that they have painted the PAP to be. Thiswll turn the sentiments of the middle ground against the oppos. Just skip it and go on questioning the ministars on their shit ups.

Wrong picture also. Apologise and show all the ministars and new candidates smiling. Even if PM is sincere see the picture become insincere.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Politicians only have to win a majority vote to continue in power... They are never sincere & sorry about their mistake... "I stand corrected"...

Truebornsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on my observation and careful evaluation,
I now believe LHL apology is a new strategy.
His main objective, you will never guess is create an impact that PAP is losing confident.
Why do that? I think he want to create a false alarm to all the investor that PAP may lose
What does all this do - it cause the market to drop....
Then come the analysis.... Who say (G Morning Singapore) never before in an election has
The stock market drop.... Rest of market is rising why Singapore marketing dropping...
Hopefully they taught this will change some of the vote for voter who has invested in share.