• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If It Had Been An Ordinary HEARTLANDER Who Died In Mumbai, Would Ministers Have .....

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
attended the funeral. I mean one who had an education in neighbourhood schools and colleges and had no affiliations with the government's political apparatus. Would they have attended?

Last edited:

Leegimeremover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: If It Had Been An Ordinary HEARTLANDER Who Died In Mumbai, Would Ministers Have .

attended the funeral. I mean one who had an education in neighbourhood schools and colleges and had no affiliations with the government's political apparatus. Would they have attend?

Who the fuck is this Lo anyway? A fat girl on tv was what I saw. So what big fuck is she? She aint no Tao li or Lijiawei.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: If It Had Been An Ordinary HEARTLANDER Who Died In Mumbai, Would Ministers Have .

Lo is the daughter-in-law of the Marine Parade CCC Chairman under SM GOH .

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal

attended the funeral. I mean one who had an education in neighbourhood schools and colleges and had no affiliations with the government's political apparatus. Would they have attended?

The answer would be a definite no I believe. There's a hidden agenda by the government in the fiasco at the expense of Lo's death.

Lo is high profile that the government cannot ignore her. If it was an average Joe or Jane, none of these fanfare would have lasted that long in media; much less reported.

I'm amazed by the media's constant harping on Lo's last hours. And showing the husband state of grief on repeat mode. Frankly, I got so sick after a while of the news. The media doesn't know when to stop literally.

Even Rajaratnam's funeral never go that much coverage.

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal

p040120033.jpg

How dare they attack my thumbi brothers in India and kill my beloved daughter of Singhapooh.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

The answer would be a definite no I believe. There's a hidden agenda by the government in the fiasco at the expense of Lo's death.

Lo is high profile that the government cannot ignore her. If it was an average Joe or Jane, none of these fanfare would have lasted that long in media; much less reported.

I'm amazed by the media's constant harping on Lo's last hours. And showing the husband state of grief on repeat mode. Frankly, I got so sick after a while of the news. The media doesn't know when to stop literally.

I am taken aback by the 'repeated publicities'.

I just can't make out if the press or her husband or both are MILKING her demise for all the publicity that it is worth.

Perhaps he is being targeted as a future 'elite' or is trying to be an 'elite'.

I have not seen her parents say a word. Maybe there was but I didn't see it.

But I did find it DISTASTEFUL that her demise seems to be used to the max. Sad!

Really don't mean to say such things but that's the way i feel after reading, watching our news media.

I mean, I don't think if someone's loved one died, one should be making so many statements publicly. Or was it just one statement played and printed over and over and over again.

Don't they know when to stop "SPINNING"? Or is it so ingrained in them already?

Last edited:

Leegimeremover

Alfrescian
Loyal

So let us all publicize lo's death in any form we want. He does not love her we do not need to. We do not know her anyway.

sally

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why don't they all let her rest in peace :smile:

dominion

Alfrescian
Loyal

even her husband is milking her death for more publicity... so why not the rest of singaporeans too?

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal

As I have posted in another thread much earlier, who is Miss Lo prior to the unfortunate incident in Mumbai? She is a nobody & just an ordinary salaried worker. So what if she's the daughter in law of so & so. And so what if SM attended her funeral. I betcha most Sporeans who went & paid her last respects are there to see if there's any "lucky 4D number".
Fact - she's caught in this unfortunate circumstances at the wrong place & wrong time. It could happen to anyone.
As for hubby Michael, deep apologies. Whether will the dead appreciate if the mourners dressed in fashionable black & drinking champange, its up to his conclusion. And if it makes him & her happy. People die everyday. People moved on, remarried, find new love everyday.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

As I have posted in another thread much earlier, who is Miss Lo prior to the unfortunate incident in Mumbai? She is a nobody & just an ordinary salaried worker. So what if she's the daughter in law of so & so. And so what if SM attended her funeral. I betcha most Sporeans who went & paid her last respects are there to see if there's any "lucky 4D number".
Fact - she's caught in this unfortunate circumstances at the wrong place & wrong time. It could happen to anyone.
As for hubby Michael, deep apologies. Whether will the dead appreciate if the mourners dressed in fashionable black & drinking champange, its up to his conclusion. And if it makes him & her happy. People die everyday. People moved on, remarried, find new love everyday.

You mean there were people drinking champange at her wake? :eek:

BTW, saw any 4d numbers? :o

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

4 weddings and a funeral..

for every 4 wedding SM attended, 1 will end up dead..:biggrin:

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal

true heroes like tan wa piow and melvin tan are not even allowed to step onto sg soil without getting arrested.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Perhaps you have a point. However with all due respect to her hubby and family and I am truly sorry for their tragic loss, I think they bear some responsibility for all this media melodrama as well.

No one forced or coerced her hubby to play up before the media. He could have made it plain and clear from the beginning that this was a strictly private affair and please let me and my family grieve in privacy and peace instead of allowing this whole incident to be turned into a melodrama, what with Birkin bags, designer watches and Christian Louboutain shoes to be thrown into the mix as well, I mean he might as well have told us about her Aubade/Guia La Bruna/La Perla lingerie as well, sheesh:rolleyes:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal

While you are at it, kindly tell that to Avantas as well.:wink:

I am taken aback by the 'repeated publicities'.

I just can't make out if the press or her husband or both are MILKING her demise for all the publicity that it is worth.

Perhaps he is being targeted as a future 'elite' or is trying to be an 'elite'.

I have not seen her parents say a word. Maybe there was but I didn't see it.

But I did find it DISTASTEFUL that her demise seems to be used to the max. Sad!

Really don't mean to say such things but that's the way i feel after reading, watching our news media.

I mean, I don't think if someone's loved one died, one should be making so many statements publicly. Or was it just one statement played and printed over and over and over again.

Don't they know when to stop "SPINNING"? Or is it so ingrained in them already?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Celebrating while in mourning
December 04, 2008 Thursday, 06:13 PM
Marc Lim gives kudos to Lo's husband for remembering his wife her way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I REMEMBER attending my grandfather's wake many years ago and being chided by an aunt for not being sad enough.

I was 12 and had spent the last three December holidays learning to play mahjong with my ah kong. Some may frown at the notion of gambling with your own grandchildren, let alone teaching them to gamble. (And we did play for money, albeit for 10 cents a game, 20 if you pulled the winning tile on your own.) To ah kong, however, it was probably the most enjoyable time he could experience with his grandchildren.

So when he succumbed to his battle with cancer, I lost more than a grandfather. I lost a friend, a mahjong kaki, one of the gang. It took me aback, and hurt, when my aunt told us off for laughing at his wake while we reminisced over shared times and remembered moments.

In hindsight, maybe the sight of four teenagers playing mahjong might not be acceptable with some guests. But I was quite sure ah kong would have been okay with it. He would probably even have wanted that.

Which is why I would like to applaud the courage shown by Michael Puhaindran, husband of Lo Hwei Yen, the laywer slain in the senseless Mumbai massacre.

I can't even begin to imagine the pain and rollercoaster of emotions he must have been going through the last week. Yet despite the tragedy, despite the agony, he took it upon himself to plan the perfect party for his wife.

This unconventional send-off probably did raise some eyebrows. Singaporeans, Asians, may not be used to sipping champagne or listening to retro music at a wake.

A colleague argued that there should be a right time and a right place for everything. And the right emotion for wakes/funerals is solemnity.

But why can't wakes, funerals be a celebration of the person's life? And who are we to say what's suitable and what's not, anyway?

Sorrow hits everyone when a loved one passes on. The pain will take a long time to go away, for some, it will never.

There will be plenty of time to grieve. But in the few days where the world gets a last chance to be with the departed, why are people so loathe to celebrate a life?

It took a lot of courage for Michael to go through the last few days. But it took even more for him to put his wife first, and send his wife off in a manner, as he would know best, she would have wanted.

You mean there were people drinking champange at her wake? :