• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If GE held today, it think it will be PAP 63% Opp 37%

silentisgolden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pappy Tan

Firstly, I am no LTK lapdog and neither are you a CSJ lapdog. Like you, I am Anti-PAP and Pro-Alternatives but lean more towards WP. This is not because I support WP long time. But because I am supporter of replacing PAP as government ASAP.

I support WP is because WP has 6 seats and has growth platforms of Hougang and Aljunied while all the other alternative parties have nothing. WP is any Opposition's supporters only hope now. I will still say the same thing if SDP is in WP's shoes today.

20 years ago at GE1991, I supported SDP was because SDP had 3 seats and was growing. I thought finally the time has come and PAP will see its last days. But GE1997, SDP split, internal fights, lost all 3 seats and PAP grew even more stronger. Many gave up hope on ALL Alternatives parties. It was false dawn.

If you want PAP to remain in power another 47 years, then you would prefer different alternative parties to rise and fall at different elections, remain weak and divided and PAP happily remains in power.

If you want PAP to be replaced as government in your lifetime then my suggestion is to focus on growing just WP to reach government-sized party level so that WP can start competing with PAP at government level, no longer Opposition level.

This approach is new and never tried by any alternative party before. Yes, it is painful and requires sacrifice from other parties especially party leaders who no longer can be party leader. But if everyone really wants to bring change and democracy to Singapore and replace PAP, then this approach is better than any approach all alternative parties had tried past 47 years with no real results.

Singapore political system is simple. No seats = no power = no change = no democracy. So CSJ and SDP can talk all they want about Rights, Democracy and all that but if SDP's methods and approach are forever yielding zero results and no progression then talk is only talk. If CSJ and SDP really wants democracy and rights for Singaporean, then SDP should start behaving like WP or even join them.

I am sure CSJ and SDP would want the same thing and same focus if SDP was in WP's shoes today. When SDP was leading Opposition Party in 1990s with 3 seats, CSJ and SDP was not interested in alliances, merging or acquisitions with other smaller alternative parties too. SDP had their chance and platforms but blew it in 1990s.

It is not I did not give SDP a chance or did not support SDP before but SDP let all Opposition Supporters down at GE1997. It wasted my time, youth, money, effort etc back then.

If WP lose Aljunied and Hougang at GE2016, I will pass away before I see Opposition resurrection 20 years later. But resurrect, die, resurrect, die, PAP still remain in power. What is the whole bloody point ??

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would it be disappointing when 63% for PAP is lower than the 72.9% in the last GE? :confused:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going by the recent rhetorics dished out by the ruling party, me think it should remain at 72.9%. :wink:

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like most here, I too feel disappointed about the "absence" of anything from WP.
I mean, don't they have anything to say about the figures posted about the still increasing foreign worker numbers?

And what about the ridiculously high resale HDB prices? Nothing to comment about that too?
I don't know how residents that voted for them feel, but the rest of SG is looking, hearing, reading.. and anticipating.. and all there is..
is NOTHING..

well, except for the lucky draw.. but that's like trivial to me.
Speak up WP! Show us how much you care for Singapore and it's citizens!!