• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Idiot Sinkie got lost in Alaska, laughing stock of the world

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Risking his life for what he believes in is something singaporeans don't do anymore. Sure, he's young and inexperienced, but that spirit of adventure should be encouraged.

Seriously, when I was his age, I never thought I would live past 30. And I can say today I'm happy that I have done some things I would only attempt during my youth.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He is far more likely to succeed in future than others about his age. No venture no gain. He is no follower. I am sure he went through many experiences money cannot purchase. Many lessons learnt from this venture of his will put him in good stead in future. Yes, we should salute his efforts, not run him down.

The only part that I like was when he said he will come back and buy a small piece of land and grow vegetables on it. Its the only sense he has made so far, ie to get out of the sinkie rat race and find himself a small piece of the world.

iconchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course I can do it. This clown was supposed to be a SGT in the "Singapore National defece Force", yet his topo is like shit, and he got lost. He was ill prepared, so ill prepared that the snowmobilers were afraid for his safety. Where was his compass, hand held GPS, etc. did not even know how to pack proper rations for the trip. And this is after how many monthsof preparation? If this is your standard for guts, than I regret to inform you that you are a vagina.

You can do it? On theory of cos can lah. But would you have the balls to do it? Would you even have the balls to do the things you believe in?

Before you answer, think of the last time you doused that little 'fire of passion' in your heart with reasons such as, 'it's not practical', 'only idiots will do that' or 'my mummy will not let me'

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
Along the trail, Xing met four friendly snowmachiners hauling building supplies. They were concerned about him, Xing said, once they noticed his supply of food consisted primarily of calories but little protein.

Looks like the idiot brought along personal bags of chocolates and potato chips for the trekking adventure.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only part that I like was when he said he will come back and buy a small piece of land and grow vegetables on it. Its the only sense he has made so far, ie to get out of the sinkie rat race and find himself a small piece of the world.

To quote cleareyes: Can he do it?

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can do it? On theory of cos can lah. But would you have the balls to do it? Would you even have the balls to do the things you believe in?

Oh yes he can. He has the balls and bravery to come to the computer to curse and swear about life and government and everything, and to go down to the local coffeeshop with a few friends to do the exact same.

That's bravery with no sense of proportion we ordinary people could all ever understand.

Before you answer, think of the last time you doused that little 'fire of passion' in your heart with reasons such as, 'it's not practical', 'only idiots will do that' or 'my mummy will not let me'

He sacrificed his needs for society's needs and has made it a habit doing so. He's a hero!!! :biggrin:

I would even call him a National Treasure (国宝, 國寶) in his face.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
U mistake foolhardiness and stupidity for bravery and a sense of adventure. If I were you, I would read the article again to see how many mistakes he made along the way and how he almost died. If he had not been rescued, they would be recovering his frozen body in the summer.

Actually an ice fossil is not a bad idea for a National Treasure (国宝, 國寶).

Diplomatically it can be considered a goodwill gift between Singapore and the State of Alaska, signifying the former's need for more foreign talent for an intelligence-based society and a welcome to the people of the latter to invest, work and play here.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course I can do it. This clown was supposed to be a SGT in the "Singapore National defece Force", yet his topo is like shit, and he got lost. He was ill prepared, so ill prepared that the snowmobilers were afraid for his safety. Where was his compass, hand held GPS, etc. did not even know how to pack proper rations for the trip. And this is after how many monthsof preparation? If this is your standard for guts, than I regret to inform you that you are a vagina.

You dislike PAP and yet you talk like PAP, using PAP standard to judge others.

I wonder who is the vagina.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have to agree!I think it's more like sheer stupidity than guts! To embark on such an ambitious adventure, one should show maturity, preparedness, mental strength and physical conditioning and above all, lots of common sense. He got lost, plain and simple and if not for the help he received from the Alaskans (read proteins etc), he won't be alive to recount his tale! He certainly put Sinkapore on the world map, that is, as the laughing stock! A real comedy of errors by our own version of Indiana Jones!:biggrin::rolleyes:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://newsminer.com/bookmark/11291021

The first two descriptions were wrong; rescuers found Xing in good mental condition. He was carrying a .380 auto pistol he bought from someone in Fairbanks, which he willingly turned over to an ATF agent.

Xing said he carried the firearm in the event he was charged by a moose or a bear awaking early from hibernation because of the warm temperature.

“I would’ve fired it into the air in an attempt to scare potential attackers away,” he said. “I have never got my hands dirty killing and never will.”

Read more: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - The voice of Interior Alaska since 1903

er... .380 pistol round can bring down a moose? i dun want even say the bear as confirm cannot. if he is surprise by either a moose or a bear, he will not have enough time to take the pistol out of where ever he was keeping it, chamber a round with his thick gloves on. he seems to be ill prepare for the trip despite planning for it for months.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
er... .380 pistol round can bring down a moose? .

Ha Ha, even James Bond had to turn in his Beretta 418 which used the tiny .380 for a Walther PPK 9mm :biggrin:

If the .380 round can't even reliably bring down a man, what chance would it have to bringing down a moose :confused: You'd probably need a 44 magnum:smile:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ha Ha, even James Bond had to turn in his Beretta 418 which used the tiny .380 for a Walther PPK 9mm :biggrin:

If the .380 round can't even reliably bring down a man, what chance would it have to bringing down a moose :confused: You'd probably need a 44 magnum:smile:

i tot the .380 is equal to the 9mm. by the way, walther ppk is a woman pistol in US. anyway the berretta 418 use a .250 calibre ammo, a spy pistol.

if he use the colt .45 M1911A1, now that a proper pistol, the chances of bring down a big wild animal will be much higher.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i tot the .380 is equal to the 9mm. by the way, walther ppk is a woman pistol in US. anyway the berretta 418 use a .250 calibre ammo, a spy pistol.

if he use the colt .45 M1911A1, now that a proper pistol, the chances of bring down a big wild animal will be much higher.

no .380 is tiny. compare to 9mm. if he want to scare bear, why not get something that fire blank.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
like someone here said, at least his guy never beg for donations like the khoo guy to satisfy his own ego trip. that khoo guy is a fucking disgrace.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My mistake, the beretta 418 is a .25 & the 380, is more of a .32 round. These rounds are for small weapons more appropriate for concealment

The 9mm is a NATO standard round used in pistols & submachineguns. However I can understand why the Walther PPK is popular with the women. It is a beautifully designed weapon:eek: Much prettierr than the functional Glocks or Browning.

There are definitly more appropriate calibres oout there .45. .410, 357 ....
Maybe better off carrying a rifle rather than a pistol:rolleyes:

This guy should have started learning winter survival skills in Banff or Jasper before going out to Alaska:smile:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You do know that one requires a license killing certain species in Alaska? Oh yeah, you don't I see. Okay.

er... .380 pistol round can bring down a moose? i dun want even say the bear as confirm cannot. if he is surprise by either a moose or a bear, he will not have enough time to take the pistol out of where ever he was keeping it, chamber a round with his thick gloves on. he seems to be ill prepare for the trip despite planning for it for months.