• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I takes online flak seriously and humbly

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
20110418.100845_tpl.jpg

WHILE she has come under a storm of online criticisms, Ms Tin Pei Ling, the People's Action Party's (PAP's) youngest new candidate, said she has learnt to take what she hears "seriously and humbly".

Speaking at the Young PAP's (YP) 25th Anniversary event yesterday, she addressed netizens' concerns as to whether her inexperience will cause her to fail at the upcoming election.

The 28-year-old business consultant said: "I am young, but I can empathise with (Singaporeans) and understand the pressures that Singaporeans face."

Ms Tin, who sits on YP's executive committee, also explained that she understands what it is like to have to earn a living for one's family.

That was what Ms Tin, the only child of Chinese-speaking parents, had to do, when she took six months off her studies to help run her ailing father's coffee shop until he recovered.

She explained in Mandarin: "Therefore, I can understand the various kinds of pressures and situations Singaporeans face, and how they feel."

Her resolve to stand for election stemmed from her seven years of grassroots work, during which she witnessed the plight of the needy and PAP's efforts to help them, she said, adding that this resolve was strengthened in the past few weeks, when she spoke to residents and listened to their problems.

She said: "They reminded me of why I'm standing (in the election): to solve the problems of fellow Singaporeans and to improve lives."

Mr Teo Ser Luck, YP chairman and Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Community Development, Youth and Sports, said he values the insight that she, as a representative of Generation Y, can bring to the party.

Responding to reporters' queries at the launch of revamped online portal Youth.sg yesterday, he said that Ms Tin can advise the Government on what it can do to help younger people.

He shared with reporters at the YP 25th Anniversary event, held earlier, that his confidence in her abilities is based on his working experience with her in YP.

"We believe she has leadership (qualities) because she has been leading the feedback team in YP for a term... She has also been instrumental in helping the new-media team craft out a strategy," he said.

Mr Teo also believed that there is space for growth - Ms Tin will need time to learn how to deal with being in the limelight, and to convey public statements confidently.

He added: "We believe that she can be a very good Member of Parliament. It's just a matter of time for her to prove herself."

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>The 28-year-old business consultant said: "I am young, but I can empathise with (Singaporeans) and understand the pressures that Singaporeans face."<<

tinpeiling.jpg

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason behind the needs to "serve" the peasants is as plain as CMI in the corporate world and PAP already invested too much in her by providing her with all the opportunities at work, so she must come up with the ultimate excuse for her non performance and stand for election after which she will always have the same convenient excuse of "I am too busy with grassroots & parliamentary duties to perform properly" instead of the usual "i am heavily laden with grassroots job to deliver results to my employer"

Once she is in the parliament she must prioritise - high paying side comes first!
Before she would be asked the nagging question - "Who is paying for your salary, company or grassroots"

PRIORITISE!!!!!!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
she business consultant? consult simi lan?:eek: coax ur man to buy kate spade?:eek:

The only business consultant I'd ever use would be one that has built a successful business from scratch, taken it public, and is worth at least $20 million.

Someone who flashes "V" signs while clutching a Kate Spade accessory simply doesn't cut it.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if she takes it seriously, she wldn't call feedback "flak" :rolleyes:

Have not even got elected, but selected, already strutting around like she is a 'royalty', can we remind her, where she is, is due to marriedtocracy; not on her own meritocracy. That is the hard truth.

Can we tell her, she is 'our servant', her duty is to serve us...or the constituents...wait till she IN....you out there, BEWARE!:(

Last edited:

hillary888

Alfrescian
Loyal
phpLUJSJJ.jpg

phphhEIWy.jpg

php2kcAOv.jpg

Their White-on-white looks pristine and pure. It symbolized the Party's roots in upholding purity of purpose and its members' simple needs. "It represents honesty and integrity, Clean and corruption-free.

"They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels." Rev 3:5

jw5

Loyal
The only business consultant I'd ever use would be one that has built a successful business from scratch, taken it public, and is worth at least $20 million.

Someone who flashes "V" signs while clutching a Kate Spade accessory simply doesn't cut it.

Someone in this forum even claimed that she's a partner in the consulting firm she works for.
Hahahahahaha!

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least she still has a father who owned a coffeeshop...99% of our father has no coffeeshop, some no job, some have no father, etc.

Oh yes, we should thank her father for creating jobs for aunties and uncles to collect plates and bowls!

20110418.100845_tpl.jpg

WHILE she has come under a storm of online criticisms, Ms Tin Pei Ling, the People's Action Party's (PAP's) youngest new candidate, said she has learnt to take what she hears "seriously and humbly".

Speaking at the Young PAP's (YP) 25th Anniversary event yesterday, she addressed netizens' concerns as to whether her inexperience will cause her to fail at the upcoming election.

The 28-year-old business consultant said: "I am young, but I can empathise with (Singaporeans) and understand the pressures that Singaporeans face."

Ms Tin, who sits on YP's executive committee, also explained that she understands what it is like to have to earn a living for one's family.

That was what Ms Tin, the only child of Chinese-speaking parents, had to do, when she took six months off her studies to help run her ailing father's coffee shop until he recovered.

She explained in Mandarin: "Therefore, I can understand the various kinds of pressures and situations Singaporeans face, and how they feel."

Her resolve to stand for election stemmed from her seven years of grassroots work, during which she witnessed the plight of the needy and PAP's efforts to help them, she said, adding that this resolve was strengthened in the past few weeks, when she spoke to residents and listened to their problems.

She said: "They reminded me of why I'm standing (in the election): to solve the problems of fellow Singaporeans and to improve lives."

Mr Teo Ser Luck, YP chairman and Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Community Development, Youth and Sports, said he values the insight that she, as a representative of Generation Y, can bring to the party.

Responding to reporters' queries at the launch of revamped online portal Youth.sg yesterday, he said that Ms Tin can advise the Government on what it can do to help younger people.

He shared with reporters at the YP 25th Anniversary event, held earlier, that his confidence in her abilities is based on his working experience with her in YP.

"We believe she has leadership (qualities) because she has been leading the feedback team in YP for a term... She has also been instrumental in helping the new-media team craft out a strategy," he said.

Mr Teo also believed that there is space for growth - Ms Tin will need time to learn how to deal with being in the limelight, and to convey public statements confidently.

He added: "We believe that she can be a very good Member of Parliament. It's just a matter of time for her to prove herself."

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another sign of an inexperienced Singaporean, aka lightweighted candidate.

It is a fact that comments from netizens are a mixed of facts, speculations, curses, lies, threats, sarcasms, nonsense, make believe and constructive criticism - same point that I've made in the previous Delphi forum many years back - during QXP time (anybody knows where is my good spar-friend QXP?). Some comments can be taken serious or constructively and many others lightly as a joke or ignorant utterances - look no further, just review some of the discussion threads here is sufficient.

Sister, you will learn, but we hope not at the expense of the people that you are entrusted to serve, pls. Time will tell...

HourGlass.gif

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
WELL, i wont b surprise if her parent's kopishop ALSO EMPLOY CHINA FTs??

At least she still has a father who owned a coffeeshop...99% of our father has no coffeeshop, some no job, some have no father, etc.

Oh yes, we should thank her father for creating jobs for aunties and uncles to collect plates and bowls!

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eople's Action Party's youngest candidate, 27-year-old Tin Pei Ling, delivers her rally speech, while retired PAP Member of Parliament Ong Ah Heng watches.
310.EDK2697-Edit.jpg

sauce: cnngo.com

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the coffee shop in ghim moh right? maybe should boycott the coffeeshop???

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
20110418.100845_tpl.jpg

Flak also means anti-aircraft fire. Wow, she thinks she's a fighter jet.