• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I just lost my ability to smell and taste after washing the bathroom with strong bathroom CIF

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I was using this strong Cif spray when cleaning the bathroom. It's a brand new bottle and I used up half a bottle, spraying all over the walls, glass and bathroom floor. Then I scrubbed all over. It took me half an hour and I could smell the Cif.

Power-Shine-Bathroom-Spray-700ml-47175.jpg

But after I cleaned up and showered, dried myself, I suddenly realized that I couldn't smell any more. So I took some almonds. I couldn't taste the almonds as well.

Strange. I hope it isn't covid-19. I do not even feel the slightest unwell in me. Just took my temperature, it's 36.4.

:frown:
How's your new washing machine?

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
A man came home from office, cleaned himself and ready for dinner, after having first bite he scolded his wife that food is tasteless. His wife got up, called the municipal corporation doctor and told them that her husband doesn't have taste... Municipal ambulance came and took him away and now he is in 14 days quarantine.
This is a warning to all men who find their wife's cooking tasteless

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
A man came home from office, cleaned himself and ready for dinner, after having first bite he scolded his wife that food is tasteless. His wife got up, called the municipal corporation doctor and told them that her husband doesn't have taste... Municipal ambulance came and took him away and now he is in 14 days quarantine.
This is a warning to all men who find their wife's cooking tasteless
I have recovered 30% or so of my taste and smell. It has been almost 3 hours or so since I lost it. I think it isn't covid -19. That super cif lime scale cleaner is too toxic.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have recovered 30% or so of my taste and smell. It has been almost 3 hours or so since I lost it. I think it isn't covid -19. That super cif lime scale cleaner is too toxic.

You've had a close shave. Suggest you go easy on the chemicals next time, have the rest of the night off, and sooth yourself with an ice cream and a burrito.

glocky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I am a little worried. It has been half an hour and I still cannot smell or taste. I justate a couple of almonds and I can't taste the honey butter almonds too. I search the net and found this and hopefully, this is true and it isn't covid-19.

From the internet :

HOUSEHOLD CLEANING PRODUCTS
housewife cleaning window

Your sense of smell could be affected by too much cleaning.

‘Using strong household cleaners, such as bleach, a few times a week in unventilated areas such as a small bathroom can cause the toxic smell to affect the delicate lining and sensory cells in the nose,’ says Mr Murty.

‘This applies to the serial cleaners among us at home, but is also particularly relevant to those who work in industries that use chemicals such as chlorine, acids or solvents — or are even surrounded by metal dusts — on a day-to-day basis.’

Whether the sense of smell returns depends on how long there’s been a problem and how badly the cells have been affected: it can be permanent.

I don't think it's the bathroom cleaner. It's most likely wuhan virus! Good luck!

glocky

Alfrescian
Loyal
lost of smell is symptom of COVID. Congratulations
I said the same. Confirm it's covid. Where got bathroom cleaner sold on open shelf in supermarkets got so strong until normal consumer can kana lost of smell and taste. Not logical. Most likely wuhan virus! Huat ah!!!!