• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I have hung my SINGAPURA FLAG, HAVE YOU?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i hang my national flag here in front of my house daily. so do many people. some fly it with their mobile vehicles etc.

that is the difference between a 1. developed society where people feel a sense of belonging and community and hence extend goodwill to one another and care about the community and 2. a third-world cesspool filled with insane people who don't feel a sense of belonging to the place (because of dictators who rule by fear and because of asian cultures that empahsise on selfishness and screw-everyone-care-about-yourself) and are miserable caustic and selfish to the core.

Or maybe... some people are just not that into the 'patriotism' thing, just like some people are not into religion. Too much irrationality, herd mentality and sappy emotions involved.

If flying the flag, reciting the pledge, singing NDP songs etc makes you happy, good for you. But don't presume that it is true for everyone.

9th of August is a public holiday in Singapore. That all I care about: a public holiday. And I don't think I'm alone with this opinion.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Or maybe... some people are just not that into the 'patriotism' thing, just like some people are not into religion. Too much irrationality, herd mentality and sappy emotions involved.

If flying the flag, reciting the pledge, singing NDP songs etc makes you happy, good for you. But don't presume that it is true for everyone.

9th of August is a public holiday in Singapore. That all I care about: a public holiday. And I don't think I'm alone with this opinion.

That is so true. Give another few decades or centuries, there may be no more Singapore.

manfrommars

Alfrescian
Loyal

because you are singaporean, one who has never lived overseas in developed nations, and so your mentality is such.

you have no feelings towards your community or neighbour. and you have no love towards your own home and country.

in developed nations, there is a sense of feeling towards one's neighbourhood and country, it has nothing to do with religion, but love towards one's home.

people care about one another here. when the national rugby team loses, people cry. ditto for japan, wales, etc, developed nations.

look at the tsunami in japan and see how the japanese respond. people quit their jobs and travel to the nuclear reactor area to help for free. even those overseas japanese hold fairs to raise fund. everyone feels sad and chips in.

in democracies, it is bottom-up. in cesspools like singapore, m'sia, india etc, it is top-down.

good manners, good character and generiousity are valued here. you have to display these values if you want a job.

not so much in mental hospitals like singapore...you just have to be mentally unewell and press the 'close' button on the lift when people rush in, to live there.

i can't blame you for not hanging the flag, i still feel a tinge of disgust and sadness everytime i interact with a s'porean or see singapore in the news, a decade after i left the mental hospital.... :p

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Truth is, Its Sinkies themselves who makes this country dis-united, Its not the government. They are the one who are solely responsible for the divides not the Government, The government cannot play that game without the "approval" of the people. - You either get played into it or you want to play into it.

Last edited:

manfrommars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Truth is, Its Sinkies themselves who makes this country dis-united, Its not the government. They are the one who are solely responsible for the divides not the Government, The government cannot play that game without the "approval" of the people. - You either get played into it or you want to play into it.

kuan yew had to suppress the sinkies and make them fear in order to bring the country forward. he did his best with third-world trash but sooner or later, he cannot suppress them any longer, and the country will fall apart just like in india or any other third world country when the citizens take over.

kuan yew was an utter dickhead but there was no other way out. democracy would not work with third-world trash citizens...just look at sri lanka, india, malaysia, all other ex british third world colonies.

most sinkies are still drinking herbal tea to cure common colds and still think accunpuncture or anything chinese/malay/indian can cure cancer! they are living in the dark ages in that mental hospital! you want these loonies to run the country?

it is no wonder kuan yew had to ban protests...these sinkies are utter loons! they protested all day and night and had strikes everyday because they wanted to become commies!

Last edited:

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nah, the only mistake the older generation did was to believe in the PAP bullshit. That is most unfortunate.

That was the biggest mistake ever. Now my Generation(Gen Y) got to sort things out.. You old timers are lucky etc..House bought on the cheap and growing up during the development period where there were plenty of jobs lying around without much competition, but for my generation..Its a struggle at all levels. Luckily for me i stopped working for others and have already got plans to relocate myself within a Year.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That was the biggest mistake ever. Now my Generation(Gen Y) got to sort things out.. You old timers are lucky etc..House bought on the cheap and growing up during the development period where there plenty of jobs lying around without much competition, but for my generation..Its a struggle at all levels. Luckily for me i stopped working for others and already got plans to relocate myself within a Year.
I don't spent time blaming the older generation or younger generation. My time is spent on finding ways to improve my life.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't spent time blaming the older generation or younger generation. My time is spent on finding ways to improve my life.

Already found how to improve my life but then there are many here who are struggling, Its not always about us..But we got to spare a thought for those around us. Take a good look at our Society, its screwed up at many levels. Even if you manage to earn some good money, there are many things in Singapore is severely screwed up.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just put a flag on my car. So happy n proud to fly our flag.
Can hear the flag fluttering as I drive.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i hang my national flag here in front of my house daily. so do many people. some fly it with their mobile vehicles etc.

that is the difference between a 1. developed society where people feel a sense of belonging and community.

Only those flats facing the main road have flags hung by sub-contractors. There is no need for Sinkies to get the hands dirty. Those flags away from view or inside the estate, you can forget it because PAP don't bother about places people can't see. So ya, that is called fake loyalty work done by PAP.

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP IS NOT SINGAPORE AND SINGAPORE IS NOT PAP.

HUAT AH HUAT AH KAOPEI PEI LAH :biggrin:

Comments are highly welcomed.

if the rc-or-whatever-kind-of-breed-inhumans dare hang it near my residence,
i will get rid of it at earliest opportunity.

what is there left to be proud of in this little red dot anyway?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We see a communist here, where is the ISD?!!!! Put that idiot into detention! Back in the 50s, you'll be under ISD observation for having that little red book!

Very well stated Devil Within.
The Police should check the cameras nearby these block or along the road close to it and try to identify those irresponsible person who dare to put these flag next to a flag of our beloved nation.

Lest it be forgotten, these was the very nation that supported the Communists (LKYs arch enemies) in the CPM.
The CPM with the blessing of PRC went ahead
I remember the death of a little English girl who pulled a flag off an overhead bridge and resulting in a IED going off.
Identify the flier of that flag.
Expose him/her in the media.
Let the Singaporeans know the truth.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you. In the case of "you die your own business" Singapore, pretty much nothing. :rolleyes: