• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I have a sudden urge to buy a Prism TV and to drink milk

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN, I still remember paying almost S$7k for my PIONEER 43-Inch Plasma TV some 18 years ago and it's not even Full HD.
that’s why it sucks to be an early adopter. a friend paid $11k for a 42-inch plasma tv from sony when it first came out, and now it’s being resold on ebay for less than $69.
405F3CFB-944F-4550-B007-F75C154F4CB8.jpeg

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
that’s why it sucks to be an early adopter. a friend paid $11k for a 42-inch plasma tv from sony when it first came out, and now it’s being resold on ebay for less than $69.
View attachment 171707
On the hind sight, I've just checked and learned that my PIONEER 43-Inch Plasma TV had cost me S$9.1k when I bought it on 09 April 2004, which I had bought it from MEGA Discount Store Pte Ltd in Katong. WTF?

And to prove to you that I'm not lying, this set is still around today and in working condition (but will need an external DVBT2 set top box) although I don't use it anymore but left it in my guest room.

Pioneer 43.jpg

Last edited:

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
On the hind sight, I've just checked and learned that my PIONEER 43-Inch Plasma TV had cost me S$9.1k when I bought it on 09 April 2004, which I had bought it from MEGA Discount Store Pte Ltd in Katong. WTF?

And to prove to you that I'm not lying, this set is still around today and in working condition (but will need an external DVBT2 set top box) although I don't use it anymore but left it in my guest room.

View attachment 171708
if u use the money to buy a rolex instead...today will be different

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
if u use the money to buy a rolex instead...today will be different
Nevermind lah. At least I get to show to my relatives the movies of Terminator, Michael Jackson's Black Or White MTV and many other LDs when they came for Chinese New Year celebrations at that time. I'd even bought the PANASONIC 5.1 Home Theatre sound system to go with the Plasma TV at that time and they were all very impressed.