• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I, GMS icon of democracy!

GoMadSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng SatuSingapura
Fri · Edited ·
My reply to a FB friend who is confused about my political stance

Jmm Limm, I am definitely not confusing anybody of my political stance. I am Pro Singapore Pro Development of Democracy.

There are many people pretending to be some anti PAP people by talking tough and through such acts, benefits from the evolving Democratic progress. You will never read or hear anything substantial from them about anything significant that will provide profound mind changing public discourse that will create higher public political awareness and consciousness or anything that lead in creating waves of public disagreement against any important policy issues that will affect every Singaporeans. These are either charlatans or moles sent to opposition camps. Worse of all, they will try every means to help PAP retain its power by going into multi corner fights. Eventually, they will choose their own path and most likely go hand in hand with PAP.

For those who knows me, they know what I am doing to prevent such massive multi corner fights to erupt, under the instigations of such charlatans and moles.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So go mad sent is saying he needs a taste of the ooh lah lah to reignite his passion?its all about the cha Ching cha Ching....all about the bla bling bla bling.....his soul is now for sale to PAP if the price is right.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This statement is an oxymoron. "Democracy" under your own terms is not democracy. Someone who prides himself on going against the grain of everyone else cannot be a respecter of democracy.

If someone sincerely accepts that the situation is not something he likes but likes it for being something more people than him wants, that respects democracy. That doesn't mean a person cannot express a personal view, but the choice of words matter and leave out labels and name calling.

Goh Meng Seng has a knack for describing himself in ways he is not while his demeaning descriptions of others ends up befitting himself.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Food for thought:

Terry Goodkind: "People use democracy as a free-floating abstraction disconnected from reality. Democracy in and of itself is not necessarily good. Gang rape, after all, is democracy in action. All men have the right to live their own life. Democracy must be rooted in a rational philosophy that first and foremost recognizes the right of an individual. A few million Imperial Order men screaming for the lives of a much smaller number of people in the New World may win a democratic vote, but it does not give them the right to those lives, or make their calls for such killing right.
Democracy is not a synonym for justice or for freedom. Democracy is not a sacred right sanctifying mob rule. Democracy is a principle that is subordinate to the inalienable rights of the individual."

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
MP Zainudin may wish to learn from me.

When you want to quote someone, put the whole quote and not just a snippet that leaves out the important context in which the quote is made. And make sure people know you are quoting someone to illustrate a point or to disprove a counterpoint.