• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

i feel really hard to show compassion to smokers.

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
today at the mall saw people puffing away while my kid cough until so bad

imagine how many people those smokers have puff their way into throughout their entire life.

one day when they suffer in pain due to lung or throat cancers.

tell me how could i have the compassion to feel sorry for their sufferings?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I understand lung cancer is the number killer in Singapore follow by colon cancer

Colon cancer is caused by talking through the arsehole instead of the mouth. It will soon overtake lung cancer as the number one killer.

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
just because your kid cough you blame it on All smokers?
perhaps at that time while walking pass the smoker your kid had an itchy throat?
and if you see the smoker and that you know your kid is sensitive to smoke, why did you not siam the smoker a bit?

Last edited:

StarshipTroopers

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
just because your kid cough you blame it on All smokers?
perhaps at that time while walking pass the smoker your kid had an itchy throat?
and if you see the smoker and that you know your kid is sensitive to smoke, why did you siam the smoker a bit?

Well said but i got no rep power to up your points.

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your kid needs to toughen up, you can not always shelter them from the real world. As for smoker, they are responsible for their own health, no need your fake compassion.

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Smokers vs Non Smokers.... Each have is grievances.
Smokers lament lack of space to smoke.
Non smokers complained about 2nd hand smoke

When will the bickerings end?

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Most Smokers are very inconsiderate and deserve whatever illness they get. They should all lock themselves in a room without any exhaust and smoke themselves to heaven or hell.

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agree. Most Smokers are very inconsiderate and deserve whatever illness they get. They should all lock themselves in a room without any exhaust and smoke themselves to heaven or hell.

The key lies in educating smokers and creation of MORE smoking zones.

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All smokers will end up in hell so better stop smoking

Now now now Kinana...I dont think your statement is that fair. So if i do not smoke but rapes a girl and kill her, i will still go to heaven while a smoker who helps out at at old aged home and takes carrs of others will still be in HELL???

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
All smokers will end up in hell so better stop smoking

Jesus smoked weed and went to heaven so why the discrimination against the rest of mankind?

jesus-christ_smoking.jpg

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Smoking is not permitted in most (if not all a//c) malls and many other public places. This activity is a thing of the past and is allowed only because it is still a personal choice (besides the high taxes collected). It is no longer fashionable or "in" to smoke. Compared to when I started working in the mid-eighties, it was then socially acceptable to offer ciggies when one lights up, today, smokers need to excuse themselves if they wish to light. They are fewer nowadays and unless they are from PRC, most do not smoke, preferring sports and other health related activities to smoking.

There is no need to show compassion to smokers, if fact in most developed societies, they are despised. But unless society develops to a point where a non-smoker has the nerve to go up to a smoker and tell him/her to stuff it out, it will still be considered as an activity of individual choice and everyone has the right to light up in a non-designated area. Still need to bear with it.

Cheers!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
adding on, i bought myself a portable ashtray recently, keychain type.

i am quite sure the NEA Litter summon team will be on the ball again, after seeing so many ministers asking sinkies to keep the environment clean.

:eek: scary...

siongkia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Live and let live is the best way to go. Just move away from the smokers if their smoke bothers you.