• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I bet this fucker must feel real proud about shooting a man dead leegally!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have no clue what his point is. I have no clue what his point is. I suspect that he himself has no clue what his point is.

Nevertheless he is "proud" to stand by what he has no idea about.

Is that your main point? This is not what the title says.. "I bet this fucker must feel real proud about shooting a man dead leegally!"

:mad:

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm glad most of the replies here are reasonable and agree that it was justified self-defence. Too bad there are still some pussy armchair critics here who so shamelessly criticize the brave officer who did a public duty and goes to work every day knowing something like that might happen. Let's put these people in the situation and see how they put their "theories" to test. Watch a few youtube videos in air con room eating McDelivery on a Friday night and think you're some veteran field-ready security expert already? LOL! Shoot stun gun loh! Aim for limbs lor! I'd be the first to laugh when they kena stabbed in the chest by the assailant and die, not before peeing their pants though. :biggrin:

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
and I have to say, LOL @ TS. He put the title, probably thought he was damn smart and that everyone else here will agree with his armchair views, then kena caught red-faced when everybody rightly gives kudos to the policeman. I agree with scroobal, ego is the only thing stopping TS from admitting his mistake :eek:

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm glad most of the replies here are reasonable and agree that it was justified self-defence. Too bad there are still some pussy armchair critics here who so shamelessly criticize the brave officer who did a public duty and goes to work every day knowing something like that might happen. Let's put these people in the situation and see how they put their "theories" to test. Watch a few youtube videos in air con room eating McDelivery on a Friday night and think you're some veteran field-ready security expert already? LOL! Shoot stun gun loh! Aim for limbs lor! I'd be the first to laugh when they kena stabbed in the chest by the assailant and die, not before peeing their pants though. :biggrin:

I fuck your mother cheebye! Uncle here had stood in front of a Malay man wielding a chopper in one hand and an axe in another and did not need to draw revolver. Kan ni na bu puah chee bye!

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fuck your mother cheebye! Uncle here had stood in front of a Malay man wielding a chopper in one hand and an axe in another and did not need to draw revolver. Kan ni na bu puah chee bye!

typical talk big + uncivilized response. par for the course. :( the malay man most probably thought if he really kill you it's not a fair fight so he let you go, unfortunately he should have done the deed because it'd be a great public service to rid the earth of dumb scums.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
typical talk big + uncivilized response. par for the course. :( the malay man most probably thought if he really kill you it's not a fair fight so he let you go, unfortunately he should have done the deed because it'd be a great public service to rid the earth of dumb scums.

Ah you chup cheng kiah can go suck cocks, I've said enough to you. Welcome to sammyboy!:oIo:

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have no clue what his point is. I have no clue what his point is. I suspect that he himself has no clue what his point is.

Scroobal, Dr SA, please lah, don't force not to give you face as the moderator!:oIo:What's the point if you carry a racial agenda?

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal

Scroobal, Dr SA, please lah, don't force me into not giving you face as the moderator!:oIo:Issue with leetahbar's avatar most can understand. Issue with my thread header you are showing your underpants!:oIo:

Last edited:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with that sentiment. The standard is dropping by the day and its right across a the government sector. Poor service, poor attitude and quite directionless.

If they continue the arrogance and dont buck, very soon we will be looking at social scurity so bad that they wont be able to handle let alone national security.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believed I had posted on this topic before. When someone is charging at you with a dangerous weapon from a short distance, there is no time to think or aim at a non-lethal region. Besides, it is even more risky if you aim at a harder area to hit and misses. If you are the police officer, I am sure you would not want to miss and end up getting stabbed (which might be fatal for you).

But aren't those police officers suppose to be trained in hand to hand combat as well as if the assailant is armed with things like knife?

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
The man who's armed and sane enough to kill another man is no saint. If you meet him when he's still armed, you sane enough to be armed and ready to use it unless you're insane.

wow you got me there.....still trying to decipher what you meant...:confused::confused::confused:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, and if attacked with a knife - its shoot. Many people watch movies where the hero is disarmed by a Jacky Chan manoeuvre and assumed that that is the case. There is no such tactic in any Police Force or enforcement agencies around the world when danger is imminent.

In the past, Officers who tried to use baton and shield (wicker shields in the past) had mixed results. The most recent case was the Geylang Serai incident when they should have shot the chap but decided to slow talk him. He lunged forward and killed a member of the public.

Crazy people when cornered have a adrenalin rush and they display exceptional strength. You can send in a Karate blackbelt and its still 50/50. Police Officers who have a black belt ( many in security branch) but who instead of shooting the bugger decides to use martial arts tactics. If the tactic fails and the guy with the knife turns around and goes for a member of the public and kills him, that officer will be charged for dereliction of duty, gross negligence etc.

But aren't those police officers suppose to be trained in hand to hand combat as well as if the assailant is armed with things like knife?

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
But could the officer shot at the suspect's leg to make him go down and not killing him. I'm assuming the officer shot the suspect in the chest.

Wah, you think you are a hero? Watch too much movies I think.

You would have expected the police to use Bruce Lee karate chop to disarm a man charging at you filled with rage after killing another man !!!!

If I am a marksman, I would aim at his head and blast him to pieces.

I think the police has done a good job. In Malaysia, the police would have simply machine-gunned him to death.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the police has done a good job. In Malaysia, the police would have simply machine-gunned him to death.

Agree, Spore police did gd job.

But no, in Msia they won't simply machine-gunned him, they will FIREBOMB him to death :p

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't you think the police have a right to their safety and lives as well? True, it may be considered as an occupational hazard but who are you to ask that they take unneccessary risks when they are attacked with lethal weapons?

If the assailant was unarmed, the response would probably be considered excessive. But as long as there is a real threat to the officer's life, the response would be considered justified.

Are you joking about the hand to hand combat comment? Do you know what is the distance necessary for the unarmed combat to occur? What if the attacker manages to grab the police officer's gun or take him hostage? Even if every police officer should be a highly trained martial arts exponent (in practice, this would not be realistic), it is foolishness of the highest degree to ask the police officer to engage in unarmed combat with a dangerously armed opponent. There are just too many things that may go wrong (for one, how do you know the suspect would not be more highly skilled in martial arts?) and then the police would be blamed for gross incompetence.