• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I asked a Hougang old man why he supports WP

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kelongkia
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message

user-offline.png

<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date <DD>Jul 2003 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>760 </DD></DL>

[h=2]I asked a Hougang old man why he supports WP[/h]
What are the reasons?
He replied : The same reason i supported PAP back in 60s and 70s.
I kind of stunned, then i recall, some people have accused WP is very PAP like. There might some truth into it, and that might be the political ideal that many Singaporean wanted. A central, not left, left right and certainly not extreme style. Has PAP drift a bit too right against the liking of Singaporean? Perhaps yes, perhaps no. At least they still address each other comrades.
What is missing in PAP, which is what WP have are the willingness to serve, the passion to help and the heart to sacrifice. We do not see these in PAP for the last 10 yrs. I do not know the reason why. We do see more and more acedamics, ex-civil servants and former scholar speaking up, this is a good sign.
To CSM, LTK, Silvia, their team, other opposition who have step up and not forgeting the volunteers. No matter what happen this coming sat, i thank you.
The slogan for this by election should be : "The turning point".​