• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'I am Israel Lee !'

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Came across this chap who is a blogger : Lee Yik Sheng

I believe he is a Christian as he has posted at a Theological Student Sze Zeng's blog as 'Israel Lee'.

I was intrigued when I verbalize his name.

Sure it is a biblical name. But 'Israel' & surname 'Lee' !

Imagine the confusion : Hi, I am Israel Lee, no,I am NOT Israeli, in fact I am Singaporean ....

No offence to Israel Lee, not trying to be frivolous, just find your name intriguing ...:rolleyes:

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
with that name on his passport, would mudlaysia immigrations let him in to their country?

cartoon.php

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No offence to Christians, I think some diehard Christians liked to use the most exotic Biblical names for their babies ..... as if that is an ode to their faith & God will be SO happy with their action.

But a Jewish name & a rare one is a bane really ....

In a mission primary school, I have friends with names like Nathan, he is an Eurasian-Indian, henceforth, I grow up associating 'Nathan' with Indians until I met a Chinese named Nathaniel (short: become Nathan).

Then those we now familiar with Zachariah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Daniel, Solomon etc .... quite harmless Biblical Names...

In NS, my first encounter with name Caleb, all the NS guys called that poor guy 'Gay-Loh'(Cantonese for ah kua). Then names like Joab ...

Recently, a Christian relative named their baby son 'Jedidiah', what a mouthful ! My boy ask: why Jedi die ah ? I thought Jedi warriors all invincible one ?

Of course, Christians are entitled to exercise their faiths & choices ....

But honestly, looking at a Chinese face & associating him with an exotic Biblical Jewish name DOES take some getting used to...

* I think M'sian Custom may give him some curious look or MORE ...:cool:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm expecting to come across a jesus tan or jesus lim any day now.
Hispanics like Mexicans, Spanish & Brazilians love to use 'Jesus' in their names .... chinese not so common,

can Tee Kee or some learned christian enlighten me, what is the meaning of 'Israel'? All I know is after Jacob wrestled with an angel (actually God himself), he was renamed 'Israel'. said so in the Bible. :p

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This cartoon is funny, actually M'sian's vitrolic anti-Israel stance is a recent phenomenon, initiated by Mad Hatter when he wanted to outdo PAS in displaying his Islamic & pro-Palestinian sympathies .... although of course, even in late 60s, PAP leaders oredy wary of Indonesian/Malaysian sensitivities when we engage 'Israel Lee' consultants:biggrin: BN-BN, kawan kawan ....

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hispanics like Mexicans, Spanish & Brazilians love to use 'Jesus' in their names .... chinese not so common,

yeah i know that. it's actually pronounced as "ya-soos" and the most popular name in latin america. that's why i'm surprised i still haven't come across a stupid christian fanatical sinkie who calls himself that.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway, many Tans are oredy associated with Central Asian countries:-

Afghanis Tan
Pakis Tan
Turkmenis Tan
Kurdis Tan
Kazakhs Tan
Tajikis Tan
Uzbekis Tan
Kyrgyzs Tan :cool:

Lame but still.....

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This cartoon is funny, actually M'sian's vitrolic anti-Israel stance is a recent phenomenon, initiated by Mad Hatter when he wanted to outdo PAS in displaying his Islamic & pro-Palestinian sympathies .... although of course, even in late 60s, PAP leaders oredy wary of Indonesian/Malaysian sensitivities when we engage 'Israel Lee' consultants:biggrin: BN-BN, kawan kawan ....

still remember the big hooha when the isreali Pm dropped by singapore for a visit in the mid 80s. i think mudlaysia was having their general election back then. election candidates, who were rousing patriotic/religious feelings, talked about conquering singapore within 5 hours or something to that effect.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
still remember the big hooha when the isreali Pm dropped by singapore for a visit in the mid 80s. i think mudlaysia was having their general election back then. election candidates, who were rousing patriotic/religious feelings, talked about conquering singapore within 5 hours or something to that effect.

Yeah lor ! President Chiam Herzorg or something... wahlau, Johorans crowd at KTM rail track, want to stop the train from going to Spore ! threaten attack PUB plants in JB, later LKY somewhat apologised in National Day Rally, saying if he had been more aware of grassroot islamic agitations troubling Mat Hatter in the previous months, he would have postponed inviting the Israeli President. But once invitation sent out, as a nation, we cannot u-turn....

was in NUS then, the campus bulletin board was full of fire bearing in mind no SBF cyber-forum in those pre-internet days ...

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
An old friend has a very rare name - Enoch. Name chosen because Enoch is one of two figures in the Bible that never die. The other one, if I am not wrong, is Abraham.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah lor ! President Chiam Herzorg or something... wahlau, Johorans crowd at KTM rail track, want to stop the train from going to Spore ! threaten attack PUB plants in JB, later LKY somewhat apologised in National Day Rally, saying if he had been more aware of grassroot islamic agitations troubling Mat Hatter in the previous months, he would have postponed inviting the Israeli President. But once invitation sent out, as a nation, we cannot u-turn....

was in NUS then, the campus bulletin board was full of fire bearing in mind no SBF cyber-forum in those pre-internet days ...

i remember they were blocking a world peace marathon, preventing the runners from reaching singapore. wah uncle elephant you damn old. i was still in primary school then.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i remember they were blocking a world peace marathon, preventing the runners from reaching singapore. wah uncle elephant you damn old. i was still in primary school then.
yeah u r rite, uncle memory foggy now, they were blocking the runners not the train :biggrin:, anyway, tis forum got all kinds, uncle kingrant retiree lagi senior :biggrin:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Came across this chap who is a blogger : Lee Yik Sheng

I believe he is a Christian as he has posted at a Theological Student Sze Zeng's blog as 'Israel Lee'.

I was intrigued when I verbalize his name.

Sure it is a biblical name. But 'Israel' & surname 'Lee' !

Imagine the confusion : Hi, I am Israel Lee, no,I am NOT Israeli, in fact I am Singaporean ....

No offence to Israel Lee, not trying to be frivolous, just find your name intriguing ...:rolleyes:

Hello.

I'm Justwan Singh.

The only Singh here. Not that I'm the only Singh with the name that says I'm only a Singh.

Nor am I related to Davinder Singh or to just any other Singh.

In any case, being Justwan Singh doesn't mean there is only one Singh, which I happens to be just the one want with the name Singh.

So you see, you need not try to be frivolous or find a name intriguing, becos depending on how you figure out the way a name is pronounced, being the only Singh, would not only be having only Justwan Singh being faced with your funny intrepretation of what you think you want it to be.:biggrin:

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
No offence to Christians, I think some diehard Christians liked to use the most exotic Biblical names for their babies ..... as if that is an ode to their faith & God will be SO happy with their action.

But a Jewish name & a rare one is a bane really ....

In a mission primary school, I have friends with names like Nathan, he is an Eurasian-Indian, henceforth, I grow up associating 'Nathan' with Indians until I met a Chinese named Nathaniel (short: become Nathan).

Then those we now familiar with Zachariah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Daniel, Solomon etc .... quite harmless Biblical Names...

In NS, my first encounter with name Caleb, all the NS guys called that poor guy 'Gay-Loh'(Cantonese for ah kua). Then names like Joab ...

Recently, a Christian relative named their baby son 'Jedidiah', what a mouthful ! My boy ask: why Jedi die ah ? I thought Jedi warriors all invincible one ?

Of course, Christians are entitled to exercise their faiths & choices ....

But honestly, looking at a Chinese face & associating him with an exotic Biblical Jewish name DOES take some getting used to...

* I think M'sian Custom may give him some curious look or MORE ...:cool:

Everyone is free to choose their religion and belief so long a harmless one.

But the main problem I see here with many christian or other similar group, especially the chinese, once they chose the mentioned religion, they think they are ang moh and they'll try very hard to look like one in every aspect.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal

I will never forget that president visit to Sinkapore. Literally stuck in camp for almost a month with stores ready just because of m&d land sentiments.:mad:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will never forget that president visit to Sinkapore. Literally stuck in camp for almost a month with stores ready just because of m&d land sentiments.:mad:

Me too, we got our ears stuck to the ground just to "listen" out for any troubles from their side.