• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am afraid I can not congratulate Obama

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle Yap, I want to "congratulate" you on your "down to earth" analysis on Obama's win. He has started managing expectations.

Relaxed Obama Lays Out Priorities

He told reporters that America was facing its greatest financial challenge in decades and while he would work for the middle class from day one "it is not going to be quick and it is not going to be easy to dig ourselves out of the hole we are already in".

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...After_First_Media_Foray_As_US_President-Elect

An Obama reality check

http://blogs.courant.com/helen_ubinas/2008/11/a-little-obama-perspective.html

I am afraid I can not congratulate Obama

Obama is going to need lots of help and resources and time. It would be too naive to expect Obama to be Santa, and await for all your dream goodies from Obama by X'mas. This is what I want to caution fellow Singaporeans.

posted by uncleyap at 10:45 PM

<!-- End .post -->

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle Yap,it is quite disappointing to read yr posts here.

Well,I thank you for giving me the opportunity to see exactly how you would perform as a would be politician.

Cheers and fight on,although I wouldn't be on yr side.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
The road will be long, the road will be tough, and there will be hard fights ahead. But as long as we keep our heads up, and don't lose faith, these are challenges to be won, and not to be lost.

I think we are pragmatic about this, but at the same time, we should remain optimistic. After all, the world has gone through the Depression and WWII, which has been even worse than now.