• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Human existence is futile

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

CMV: Human existence is futile.​

Ah, like it says in "Dust In The Wind." Every line in that song is correct except for "nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky." Probably won't last forever either.

I believe that it doesn't matter what you do in life. Well, not in the big scheme of things anyway. Human endeavors such as developing a cure for cancer or ending world hunger are all very noble, but futile nonetheless. Maybe we'll get there someday, but does it matter? For now it seems like it does, but when our species dies out it won't. God probably doesn't exist and nobody gives a shit. "You create your own meaning in life" is wishful thinking, because your "meaning" ultimately doesn't really matter to anyone or anything but humanity at large, if that. And if it doesn't matter, it's not meaningful.

I'd love to be wrong on this one, so go ahead and change my view.

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
all it takes is one moon sized asteroid smashing into earth, and it’s all over for at least 69 million years.
That would be the bestest mass euthanasia if nuke ICBMs or a lethal plague don't exterminate us first. Save the forest, save the ocean, recycle/reuse, preserve the planet for the next generation, kill in the name of religion, in the name of politics, blah blah. All that we do, all that we achieve, all that we think is important, all that we build ........dust in the wind.

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal

CMV: Human existence is futile.​

Ah, like it says in "Dust In The Wind." Every line in that song is correct except for "nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky." Probably won't last forever either.

I believe that it doesn't matter what you do in life. Well, not in the big scheme of things anyway. Human endeavors such as developing a cure for cancer or ending world hunger are all very noble, but futile nonetheless. Maybe we'll get there someday, but does it matter? For now it seems like it does, but when our species dies out it won't. God probably doesn't exist and nobody gives a shit. "You create your own meaning in life" is wishful thinking, because your "meaning" ultimately doesn't really matter to anyone or anything but humanity at large, if that. And if it doesn't matter, it's not meaningful.

I'd love to be wrong on this one, so go ahead and change my view.

that's why i armchio when people talk about leaving legacies
haaaa
everything will cum to an end
what goes up will cum down
what is born will die eventually, whether by sudden death or natural death