• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Huge turnout at Speakers' Corner for population White Paper protest

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you FS for this wonderful, excellent and insightful comment. This is a 5 star comment!!!

A bad solution for a bad problem. Now all we can do is to wait for the unwinding of the policy. The key difference is the Opposition wants it to be done in the shortest time. The PAP wants to do it over a longer period so as not to have to account fully for the problem, wherein lies the difference between 5.9 million and 6.9 million.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it rains there is a beautiful clubhouse with the 19th hole plus a host of amenities that successful people have worked hard to enjoy.

People who are not successful will not be aware of the fact that SICC is more than just a golf course. ]

The golf club mirrors the same division in the different tiers of a "meritocratic" society although all members are elites or near elites. Committee members and VVIP members do have some privileges like jumping queues to get to the front of tee box and amenities can be made exclusive for their use for some periods.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Picture this, you do not trust the driver on his knowledge of the roads, the co-driver is saying "yes, your map is upside down" (but drive on nevertheless, we see how). Then there are some co passengers screaming out a bit "wrong direction la, stop!" (then? turn around? turn left?) Everyone else is equally clueless. So you tell me, who should I put in as the driver next?
The co-driver says he is still not certified to be the driver although he has taken lessons and so let the driver drives on until he is about to lose his way completely. The passengers, none who have taken lessons, if they take the bus by force will probably cause an accident.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I checked with many of my friends and none of them went to Hong Lim yesterday. They all said that they didn't want to rub shoulders with losers. Instead, they went to SICC and TMCC to play golf with the movers and shakers of society.

They only rub shoulders with the movers and shakers when these shakers passed them on the golf course when the Marshall said they were VVIPs and they were in a hurry.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you mean the other 3000 are police, reporters, kaypoh chee, NGOs and young children?

ST just reported that "more than 1,000 people" turned up. Technically, they are not wrong but morally and professonally, the 'prostitute' continues its good work for their masters.

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The event was a failure. They should march all the way to Istana to carry on protest after the session has ended. :oIo:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really hope they do that. That is when the silent majority who support the government will come out and crush the noisy whiny minority as they should a cockroach.

encircle and surround Istana and Oxley Road concurrently ?

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really hope they do that. That is when the silent majority who support the government will come out and crush the noisy whiny minority as they should a cockroach.

yawning1.jpg

Yawnzzzzzzzzzzzz