• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Huawei P20 Pro awarded ‘Best Smartphone of the Year’ by EISA

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a current iPhone user. The only gripe i have w iOS is that the security is too strong!

No kidding. U can't even download an app to spoof your GPS location, which makes it good for watching shows that are geo-locked. Sure u can use a VPN, but some apps such as Youtubetv will detect that.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a current iPhone user. The only gripe i have w iOS is that the security is too strong!

No kidding. U can't even download an app to spoof your GPS location, which makes it good for watching shows that are geo-locked. Sure u can use a VPN, but some apps such as Youtubetv will detect that.
oh no,,,another apple fan boy,,,but the resident fan boy say the security is fine,,,bagus,,,better than android

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh no,,,another apple fan boy,,,but the resident fan boy say the security is fine,,,bagus,,,better than android

Every idiot knows that Android is the worst when it comes to supporting new software updates. U buy an Android phone and after 2 years, no software upgrade is available. Need to buy new phone! What a joke!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Every idiot knows that Android is the worst when it comes to supporting new software updates. U buy an Android phone and after 2 years, no software upgrade is available. Need to buy new phone! What a joke!

Forgive him. It is perfectly normal for those who don't know what they are talking about to pretend they're experts. In fact it's probably a national pastime.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgive him. It is perfectly normal for those who don't know what they are talking about to pretend they're experts. In fact it's probably a national pastime.
What is the point when having updates that will make the phones performance worse? and Faggot phones do it to force upgrades,,,worse than androids,,,anyway illogical statements from Faggot Fan boys are no different to the 70%

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What is the point when having updates that will make the phones performance worse? and Faggot phones do it to force upgrades,,,worse than androids,,,anyway illogical statements from Faggot Fan boys are no different to the 70%

I am using an iPhone SE. I have not been forced to upgrade anything since I bought it 4 years ago. Everything works. Battery still lasts 2 days. I hardly ever have to reboot. Camera does it's job. Apple maps takes me wherever I need to go, flipboard provides me with all my news, kindle reader allows me to read all my book purchases.

When a security hole is found my phone automatically installs the patch update. I am also confident that apple is not selling my data because their business model does not depend on sharing information about me with 3rd parties.

Why would I switch to Android? Each manufacturer adds their bloatware eg their own browser, their own email client etc. All this extra code potentially opens up security holes that are unique to that manufacturer or model. Google can't issue patches because it is not their code it is Samsung's or Huawei's. Apple can patch all iOS security issues for ALL iPhones in one fell swoop by pushing an update. There is no way in hell Google can do the same thing.

The typical label for those who find Apple products trouble free is "fanboys" but all I am doing is using a product that I am happy with. If one day the iPhone does nothing but frustrate me then I'll look for something else. I get no commission from supporting Apple. I used to be a supporter of their computers but now I am not because they have neglected the product line. I am ready to move on if there is a better option.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Aiyo you all don’t quarrel la. Follow my way I use both together. No need to fight anymore.

3C3D49B7-882B-46DF-BC72-2F71170868B1.jpeg

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

express_logo
NEWS
SHOWBIZ
FOOTBALL
COMMENT
Life & Style
Tech
As P20 Pro price drops, is this Huawei phone still REALLY worth your money?
Huawei P20 Pro
P20 Pro still offers a compelling spec sheet for Android enthusiasts (Image: Huawei • Getty)
P20 PRO prices have continued to plunge since the phone's debut in March last year, but is this Huawei phone still really worth your money?
By JOSEPH CAREY
PUBLISHED: 08:00, Sat, Jan 26, 2019
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+Share with EmailShare via Whatsapp
Huawei P20 Pro launched for £800 but has since dropped to £599 at a number of UK retailers.

That means the phone is still £100 more than the likes of the OnePlus 6T, Honor View 20 and the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3, all of which have released after Huawei's offering.

Despite its age, the P20 Pro still offers a compelling spec sheet for Android enthusiasts.

The handset comes with a 6.1-inch AMOLED display that has a density of 408-pixels-per-inch and offers a 1080p resolution.

The panel itself has a notch at the top and a somewhat large chin for its physical fingerprint reader.

Powering the phone is Huawei's own Kirin 970 processor that has since been succeeded by the more powerful Kirin 980 housed inside the Mate 20 Pro.

RELATED ARTICLES

Galaxy S10 beaten? Huge rival revealed ahead of Samsung release

Galaxy S9 vs Galaxy S10 - Samsung reveals why one has an advantage
ADVERTISEMENT

Huawei P20 Pro is still renowned for its triple-camera system that was the first of its kind.

Moreover, the device was also premier to come with a dedicated night mode within its camera software.

P20 Pro also has a huge 4,000mAh battery that is still one of the biggest on the market and easily delivers all-day life for owners.

Although the P20 Pro has fallen in price and flaunts a number of flagship features, Express.co.uk does not think purchasing one now is advisable for two major reasons.

The first is the fact the Huawei P30 Pro is expected to debut in mere months.

The handset's name has already been confirmed by the Chinese OEM and will succeed the P20 Pro.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ahead of its presumed reveal, rumours have been rife about the P30 Pro and have suggested the handset will bring a number of new features to the table.

The first has been said to be a new design that radically reduces bezels in favour of an all-screen aesthetic.

A recent leak from Olixar displayed alleged renders of the device and showed the P30 Pro with a teardrop-shaped notch at its top.

Moreover, the handset was also shown with four cameras on its rear, suggesting Huawei could provide fans with a noticeable camera upgrade from the P20 Pro.

It has also been rumoured the P30 Pro will be powered by the Chinese OEM's Kirin 980 processor and have a whopping 12GB of RAM.

Because the Huawei P20 Pro debuted in March, it is expected its successor will be shown off at around the same time of year.

Huawei P20 Pro

Huawei P20 Pro is still renowned for its triple-camera system that was the first of its kind (Image: Huawei)
Huawei P20 Pro rival

Honor launched its View 20 flagship globally last week with a starting price of £499 (Image: Honor)
Huawei P30 Pro could be announced in the coming months (Image: Olixar)
This means the P30 Pro could debut in a matter of months and Android enthusiasts looking to upgrade their phone would be wise to wait and see what Huawei has in store before purchasing a P20 Pro.

Secondly, since its debut, the P20 Pro has been challenged by a number of cheaper rivals that also offer capable cameras and rapid performance.

The OnePlus 6T is one of the best value smartphones on the market and gives users a swathe of flagship features for its £499 starting price.

Moreover, Honor launched its View 20 flagship globally last week and the device is incredibly alluring thanks to its Kirin 980 processor and 48-megapixel single camera.

Additionally, both of these Chinese rivals also have more appealing all-screen designs thanks to reduced bezels on their top and bottom.

The forthcoming reveal of the P20 Pro's successor, combined with the phone's fierce competition since release, are two of the biggest reasons Android fans should avoid purchasing a P20 Pro device right now, despite its tantalising price tag.

RELATED ARTICLES
Xperia XZ4 leak shows a huge change is coming to this Sony phone
P20 Pro successor could take Huawei closer to smartphone perfection
Windows 10 upgrade - Microsoft is working on new features for your PC
Privacy Policy Terms & conditions
Cookie Policy Cookie Settings
Copyright ©2019 Express Newspapers. "Daily Express" is a registered trademark. All rights reserved.
IPSO Regulated

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huawei P30 Pro's redesigned camera will let you zoom like a paparazzi
Zoom-in and enhance like a CSI detective

Newsletter
TODO alt text
BY AARON BROWN 2 DAYS AGO
Huawei looks set to unveil its next flagship smartphone range at the Mobile World Congress tradeshow in Barcelona next month. The P30 and P30 Pro will be the successors to the Huawei P20 and P20 Pro unveiled at the industry event last year.

According to the latest rumours, Huawei plans to bring the triple-camera set-up debuted with the Huawei P20 Pro to the Huawei P30, while the pricier P30 Pro will boast an all-new set-up designed to enable greater zoom capabilities.

Huawei P30, Huawei P30 Pro: leaks, rumours, and everything we already know
Huawei P30 Pro to miss one of the best features coming to rival Galaxy S10
The new camera will likely use the new Sony six-series sensor, potentially the 1/1.8" 38-megapixel IMX607. It's unclear exactly how many cameras will be fitted to the Huawei P30 Pro to enable its zoom functionality.

The P20 Pro introduced 3x optical zoom with its triple-camera set-up. Huawei also used the camera to enable new features designed to salvage photographs in challenging conditions, notably low-light with its Night Mode.

Oppo has already revealed plans to introduce 10x optical zoom capabilities to the rear-mounted camera on its next flagship smartphone, which is scheduled to be announced at MWC, too.

The latest whispers come courtesy of workers inside Huawei who claim to be using engineering samples of the as-yet unannounced P30 handsets. According to reports, both devices will sport OLED displays. Last year, Huawei reserved the OLED panels for the Pro variation of the smartphone.

The move to OLED being forced because of a decision to relocate the fingerprint scanner from the back of the handset to beneath the glass display. The optical in-display fingerprint sensor only works with OLED panels, GSMArena claims.

Moving to an in-display fingerprint scanner means there's no need for a facial recognition system on the front of the phone. As such, the notch will be going on a diet and will purportedly resemble the smaller, teardrop notch of the OnePlus 6T.

Elsewhere, both Huawei P30 and P30 Pro will be powered by flagship Kirin 980 chipset announced at IFA last year coupled with 8GB of RAM on the entry-level model, and 12GB of RAM on the P30 Pro.

TODAY'S BEST HUAWEI P20 DEALS
?
T3
T3
AUD$849
VIEW
T3
T3
AUD$849
VIEW
T3
T3
AUD$849
VIEW
T3
T3
AUD$1,129
VIEW
SHOW MORE DEALS
We check over 130 million products every day for the best prices
The final tidbit from inside the company relates to the screen sizes planned for the Huawei P30 range. P30 is said to have a 6.1-inch OLED display, an increase from the 5.8-inch LCD screen seen on its P20, while still maintaining the same physical footprint as its predecessor.

Meanwhile, the Huawei P30 Pro will increase to 6.5-inch, up from the 6.1-inch OLED used on the P20 Pro last year.

Charging is reportedly still limited to 22.5W, instead of adopting the faster 40W charging of the Huawei Mate 20 Pro. The P30 will have a 3.5mm headphone port, while the P30 Pro will not.

LATEST

Virgin Mobile SIM Deal UK Release Date
Virgin Mobile has a terrifyingly good SIM-only deal with 120GB of 4G data
BY AARON BROWN • 8 HOURS AGO

djokovic vs nadal live stream australian open tennis final
How to live stream Djokovic vs Nadal in the Australian Open final from anywhere on Earth
BY ADAM MARSHALL • 9 HOURS AGO

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Samsung Galaxy S10 Release Date UK Price
Samsung Galaxy S10 video reveals all-new design like you’ve never seen it before
BY AARON BROWN • 1 DAY AGO

Exynos 9820 Samsung Galaxy S10 MWC 2019
Galaxy S10: Samsung confirms massive improvements in battery life and photo quality
BY AARON BROWN • 2 DAYS AGO

iPhone Battery Life Increase UK
iPhone battery life: Apple's new tech will make your smartphone last for DAYS
BY AARON BROWN • 2 DAYS AGO

Samsung Galaxy S10 Release Date Price UK
Samsung Galaxy S10 all-screen and triple-camera revealed from EVERY angle
BY AARON BROWN • 3 DAYS AGO

iPhone 11 Release Date Price UK
iPhone 11 will have a triple-camera to bring the fight to Huawei Mate 20 Pro
BY AARON BROWN • 4 DAYS AGO

Samsung Galaxy S10 Image Release Date
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus reveals dual-selfie camera in new full-frontal photo
BY AARON BROWN • 4 DAYS AGO

Honor View 20 Price UK Release Date
Honor View 20 has an all-screen design, 48-megapixel camera, and a UK price to rival OnePlus
BY AARON BROWN • 5 DAYS AGO

Samsung Galaxy S10 Release Date Price UK
Samsung Galaxy S10 release date, price, features, 5G, leaks: everything we know so far
BY ROBERT JONES • 5 DAYS AGO

VIEW MORE ▸
USEFUL LINKS

BEST DEALS

Samsung S9 deals Samsung S8 deals Best iPad deals Best Dyson deals
FEATURES

GoPro deals Nike deals Adidas deals Best VPN services
TOP GUIDES

The best vacuum cleaners The best TVs The best smartphones The best mattresses

ABOUT US
ARCHIVES
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PRIVACY POLICY
COOKIES POLICY
T3 is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Visit our corporate site.
© Future Publishing Limited Quay House, The Ambury, Bath BA1 1UA. All rights reserved. England and Wales company registration number 2008885.