• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSR no more.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The HSR deal would still proceed for the jiuhu, which should be the bulk of the cost of the project anyway. Why would it cost Malaysia a lot of money to extend the rail into Singapore? Won't Singapore pay for that portion?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tun M now only concern with how to limit the cost of dropping the HSR deal with Singapore. He is 'exploring cost effective ways to terminate" the HSR, not interested in reviewing it.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/...fective-ways-terminate-hsr-ecrl-projects-dr-m
DR M stopped short of saying a firm 'NO". It is another way of saying " I really don't see how we can pay for this project. Unless Singapore can pay more, we just have no other alternative but to kill this project ." We are not short of monies. You bet there is room for discussion.

This deal making smacks of Trump and Kim 's Summit.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The HSR deal would still proceed for the jiuhu, which should be the bulk of the cost of the project anyway. Why would it cost Malaysia a lot of money to extend the rail into Singapore? Won't Singapore pay for that portion?

Jiuhukia wanted a change in govt. They got it now. So they shouldnt kpkb if HSR is scrapped.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If go ahead wit HSR, Pinky will find excuse to increase taxes again on Poor Sinkies to cover its cost.

That is why he was quick to go & kowtow to Dr.M., looks like everything he & jinx touches, is JINX. Every bet they make, it turns to dust,does not have the midas touch, what does he know best?...FIX SINGAPOREANS who voted for the oppositions here...that he is competent.

HSR project would benefit those connected to the party, it will keep the members, satisfied & happy...now it had gone to dusts, looks like they will have to really think hard to find another source of income. The easiest would be to screw the Sinkess, here with more creative taxes & dangle tiny weeny 'carrots', like GST Vouchers etc.. for the 'rabbits' are dumb. More increases coming your way...don't grumble, you voted for & asked for...

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a good bargaining strategy. Dropped hints of HSR likely dropped. If SG wants it, need increase investment in project and water prices.....etc. bundled deal nego, it happened before.

I may had missed it, but Till now, I don't think any SG taxpayer knows SG's investment in project!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's a good bargaining strategy. Dropped hints of HSR likely dropped. If SG wants it, need increase investment in project and water prices.....etc. bundled deal nego, it happened before.

I may had missed it, but Till now, I don't think any SG taxpayer knows SG's investment in project!

I am sure in any project, the people involved must have done hours of research & planning & costing to commit. It is unfortunate that, one thing they did not expect, was that BN would be voted out of power. Were they living so deep into the clouds that they think, that everything last forever ? or they are just unlucky again...again & again!.

Now they will have to deal once again with that old fox...who will have his 'cards' up his sleeve.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sure in any project, the people involved must have done hours of research & planning & costing to commit. It is unfortunate that, one thing they did not expect, was that BN would be voted out of power. Were they living so deep into the clouds that they think, that everything last forever ? or they are just unlucky again...again & again!.

Now they will have to deal once again with that old fox...who will have his 'cards' up his sleeve.
Singapore has considered the possibility of a change of government . That the reason for the heavy penalty clause for pulling out of the project in the event of a regime change.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's why governments should not be changed in an election.

The incoming government thinks it is doing the right thing by undoing every single thing the previous government had done. You go right at first, the new government pulls it back to the left. And people are back to square one while 5 years have passed.

Trump is doing exactly the same thing. He has spend a lot of his time dismantling every single good thing Obama has done, resetting America back to 2010 or so when Obama first came into office.

There is too much instability in removing governments through elections. I hope the oppies never win elections in Singapore. We want progress, thank you very much. Kindly don't impede our progressive with your self-destructive ideas. Oppies please fuck off and fuck yourselves.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why governments should not be changed in an election.

The incoming government thinks it is doing the right thing by undoing every single thing the previous government had done. You go right at first, the new government pulls it back to the left. And people are back to square one while 5 years have passed.

Trump is doing exactly the same thing. He has spend a lot of his time dismantling every single good thing Obama has done, resetting America back to 2010 or so when Obama first came into office.

There is too much instability in removing governments through elections. I hope the oppies never win elections in Singapore. We want progress, thank you very much. Kindly don't impede our progressive with your self-destructive ideas. Oppies please fuck off and fuck yourselves.

This is democracy at work. It keeps the incumbent government on their toes . If they are found to be corrupt or don’t deliver the goods as promised, the people will vote them out.

Last edited:

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
a good decision by old horse, many, many on both sides will cheer...also it's a good time to test LHL and the PAP....1 stone kills 2 birds

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
When a govt. seat too long just like BN and PAP for 60 years!! what they know is to screw the peasants,

increase taxes, gst, ARF, COE shitty 10 year shit paper, School fee, even teacher school car park they

also want money!!

Your daily necessities like water and electricity bill also increased!! Why there's no COE for PAP ??

10 years you go !! USA President maximum can stay 10 years ~ 2 terms, why not PAP ??

10 years U GO!!

BN AND PAP not different being arrogant, behave as thou they are GOD!! Whatever they say is LAW!!

Manipulate the rules and policies to their benefit!! Example the Estate Duty I don't have to explain more

YOU see for yourself!!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
in the next election vote for the ruling party, dont vote opposition. let FAP be the opposition. let FAP stand up and vote against the policies implemented by them and show the ugly side of themselves.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why would sinkies give a fuck, since the bulk and length of the hsr plus the main benefits are for and is in mudland. we're just involved in the planning as we kay kiang and hopefully just pay our share from the causeway to jurong east and fuck the 1b1r thingy, esp when air is cheaper nowsadays. the main concern here is how the pappies do a spin for the acquired jurong club (or even raffles country club) if it doesn't materialise :oops:
This is democracy at work. It keeps the incumbent government on their toes . If they are found to be corrupt or don’t deliver the goods as promised, the people will vote them out.
and about time, too! :rolleyes: