• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSR and RTS Discussion

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think China won it already. Anyway, their technology is very advanced as well. + they are already providing trains to KTM.

The others maybe just subcon or supply

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have so much investment money in Iskandar. If the authorities are really efficient enough, it will be nice to have better connectivity around the many residential areas leading to Legoland.

But this is JB, I'm not banging my hopes on this happening.

To even have the HSR happening already sounds like a miracle!

Easy to talk smack but what efficiencies do you want the authorities to improve?

How much better connectivity do you need between residential areas to Legoland? Road not enough? Car not affordable enough to residents and you need public transport? Is there sufficient ridership and population density that many are commuting everyday from these tamans to work at Legoland that you need rail network?

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think a regular themepark bus would be good enough.
Those which has this big Legoland dedicated bus departing from PH or future HSR station and stopping in a few prominant areas enroute to the themepark. No need rail network.

To be provided by who? The theme park? The inference is that the authorities should run a loss making public service for affluent, many non-voting, residents to be seen as efficient.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be provided by who? The theme park? The inference is that the authorities should run a loss making public service for affluent, many non-voting, residents to be seen as efficient.

I think just get the HSR and RTS up and running 1st. Then extend MRT from Tuas to Malaysia checkpoint. That should be sufficient liao for the next 10-15 years.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
"During the joint-announcement, Najib and Lee also announced the proposed Malaysia-Singapore RTS link expected to be up and running by 2018."

If they really can match the time line when most condo projects are nearing completion or completed it would really be huat until gao gao! :biggrin:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
"During the joint-announcement, Najib and Lee also announced the proposed Malaysia-Singapore RTS link expected to be up and running by 2018."

If they really can match the time line when most condo projects are nearing completion or completed it would really be huat until gao gao! :biggrin:

I'm keeping a very low expectation as I do not want to be disappointed. At the moment, I'm taking as it's not going to happen :p

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm keeping a very low expectation as I do not want to be disappointed. At the moment, I'm taking as it's not going to happen :p

If it is just the link between Woodlands and JB there is good chance of it materialising within 3 years. Connectivity with other parts of JB maybe must wait till SG100. LOL!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is just the link between Woodlands and JB there is good chance of it materialising within 3 years. Connectivity with other parts of JB maybe must wait till SG100. LOL!

Its impossible to be ready by 2018. LTA already stated in a Zaobao report that the 2nd phase engineering studies will take 2 years, starting from 2016.

"LTA says that the JBRTS will be around 4-5km, actual length will be confirmed after the Stage 2 engineering studies are completed. The engineering study is expected to complete in 2 years, and include studies on whether the underwater tunnels, bridge or a combination of both will be proposed. The 2 countries will also discuss on how the construction costs will be shared, and details on future operations of the line. This means that the JBRTS will not be ready in time for the opening of TEL Stage 1 on 2019."

http://mypaper.sg/chinese-news/xin-...li-di-2jie-duan-gong-cheng-yan-jiu-jiang-zhan

Last edited:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

The joint announcement referred to which mentioned the 2018 operational date is the joint announcement made back in 2013.

So we have to wait for the "revised" joint announcement which is to be made in May 2016.

However, as in any joint announcement, the posts can always be moved, so I'm not going to be too optimistic until an announcement is made on the actual award of the construction contract.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
One can only make a Malaysia property decision based on construction ground breaking not on all joint statement as Putrajaya is tight financially.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its impossible to be ready by 2018. LTA already stated in a Zaobao report that the 2nd phase engineering studies will take 2 years, starting from 2016.

"LTA says that the JBRTS will be around 4-5km, actual length will be confirmed after the Stage 2 engineering studies are completed. The engineering study is expected to complete in 2 years, and include studies on whether the underwater tunnels, bridge or a combination of both will be proposed. The 2 countries will also discuss on how the construction costs will be shared, and details on future operations of the line. This means that the JBRTS will not be ready in time for the opening of TEL Stage 1 on 2019."

http://mypaper.sg/chinese-news/xin-...li-di-2jie-duan-gong-cheng-yan-jiu-jiang-zhan

Looks like it is not huat liao but wah lau!

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Frodo,

Fret not, I'm sure u bought into Iskandar not bcoz of RTS/HSR etc.
These measures are just icing on the Cake for u and many of us.
If it happens Good. If not life goes on bro.
We're not speculators ma.

:cool:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Frodo,

Fret not, I'm sure u bought into Iskandar not bcoz of RTS/HSR etc.
These measures are just icing on the Cake for u and many of us.
If it happens Good. If not life goes on bro.
We're not speculators ma.

:cool:

Very true! On the other hand, with the prospect of the station located next to Republic Poly, maybe finding a retirement job there might be a good idea. :smile:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woodlands industrial estate suddenly will become redhot. I wouldn't mind taking a 10-15% cut to work there rather that Raffles Place.