• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HP disables customers' printers if they use ink cartridges from cheaper suppliers

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I encountered an issue with my previous HP printer. After using it for about 2-3 years without issue, after I replaced the ink cartridge (an original authentic one), it said my printer head was spoilt or something to that effect. I suspect it’s some built in mechanism that makes the printer fail after a certain period and makes you buy a new one.
It is in their software updates.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually ah laksa said it right .. Just use laser printer. I had mine for 5 years n no issues n I use after market toners

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies still printing and making hardcopies these days? c’mon. keep up with the times. no more paper and print for me. everything is stored digitally on the cloud.