• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to obtain boat driving license in Singapore ?

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I took mine at the SAF Yacht Club. Its open to non-members and the course package was among the cheapest. Another advantage is your practical is at the same location as the test area.

Its good fun and though I thought at first it was a pain to have to obtain PPDL just to operate a jetski, it helps to understand the rules of the road so to speak.

Some may have been lucky not to have been caught operating a motored water craft without license but the Police Coast Guard do conduct checks.

All this was ten years ago though.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm curious. On the road we have traffic lights to guide us. In the air, it's radar.

If you are boating around the perimeters of the island, are there any traffic rules ? Do you rely on stuff like radar ?

peacock

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm curious. On the road we have traffic lights to guide us. In the air, it's radar.

If you are boating around the perimeters of the island, are there any traffic rules ? Do you rely on stuff like radar ?

must be able to read signs and color thats why cannot be color blind...they will test u during practical.

Black Swan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgive me for asking the obvious. Who is going to check if you have licence on the high seas? If I build a catamaran, who is going to stop and check for my licence? :confused:

I suppose the pirates of the high seas will conduct checks. If you don't have PPCD license issued by MPA Singapore, they will prob rob & rape you & crew.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Got. Red and green determine the port and starboard based on the flow