• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to lose belly fat?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quite simple lah. Eat less, exercise more.

You want slightly more detailed.When you eat less food make sure the lesser of it comes from carbs. Make sure you still consume protein.

Try and find out how much calories are burned for various activities and try and estimate how long u need to exercise. Cardio workouts are the best. Do some weights to build slightly more lean mass to up your metabolism.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides normal exercise. Is your tummy always feels cold? The colder it is, the bigger the tummy because all the yin meridians travels passby your tummy area and so it is a place to have over abundance of yin energy. Have you try to 刮痧 away the excess yin energy, toxins.... on your tummy? :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzZzTntZUmU

You can also compliment it by 拍打 your 涌泉穴 at the bottom of your foot to give your kidney a boost. It will help spruce up your metabolism too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Dfa7BSfC4

Just get a 刮痧棒 from anywhere. Bugis street or chinatown... use a porcelain soup spoon if you dare....

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Diet actually plays an important part in fat storage and many ppl leave that out they think that they exercise and that's enough. In theory if you exercise enough, your body should be able to burn all the processed and junk food that you eat but more often than not ppl don't exercise enough.

Can be quite a bore trying to count calories and all that especially for those that just want to lose some fat. It's not really that big of a hassle but if even taking small notes of the type and amount of food you eat per day is too troublesome then just simply eat did you don't feel hungry, not full and then exercise regularly for 20mins and make sure your heart rate stays around 120 zone when you're exercising.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tried hot yoga the other day and it was terrible.

Doing yoga in a room that is over 40 degrees is really tough. I almost died there but it did make me sweat a lot.

The next day, my tummy was much flater. Even my friends noticed it.

Thinking if I should sign up for the class. Quite expensive. 50 lessons at 1400 plus.

Probably just water loss. These quick & easy solutions also mean that you will regain the weight as easily. You must also consider whether it is sustainable in the long run:confused: Your looking for a long term solution, what's is going to happens after the 50 lessons, will you pay another 50 lessons? Do you have the discipline to continue doing it yourself?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A sharp knife and a bottle of gin does the trick too. In fact use any alcohol to make the pain less then use sharp knife to cut off fat.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zero Body Fat ?

Here's the experiment done by Dr. John Berardi using himself as the subject on Intermittent Fasting.

He was already very lean at 10% bodyfat and he dropped to 4% bodyfat. This works for anyone and not just for bodybuilders and fyi bodybuilders don't use this diet.

Nobody ask if we will ever achieve a 0% body fat.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
2000cc To 1200cc

all-new-honda-jazz-S-type.jpg

Quite simple lah. Eat less, exercise more.

Not a good idea. You still need to eat to maintain a certain level of carb to prevent burning your muscles. Not enough muscle mass means downgrading a 2000 cc engine capacity into a 1200 cc. So, no good for burning fat. Muscles need heavy weight exercises to maintain their active state to burn more carb even when you are at rest.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 2000cc To 1200cc

all-new-honda-jazz-S-type.jpg

Not a good idea. You still need to eat to maintain a certain level of carb to prevent burning your muscles. Not enough muscle mass means downgrading a 2000 cc engine capacity into a 1200 cc. So, no good for burning fat. Muscles need heavy weight exercises to maintain their active state to burn more carb even when you are at rest.

Nope as long as you eat every gram of protein to lean body mass in lb that you have you'll maintain muscle mass. You can cut down on the carbs and end up eating 500 calories less.

So let's assume this person weights maybe 160lbs or 72kg. Anyway let's say he has 15% bodyfat so 24lb of his bodymass is fat. Therefore 160 - 24 = 136 lean body mass more or less. Therefore he just needs to eat around 130-140 grams of protein like fish, chicken, pork etc and he won't lose muscle mass.

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Issues With The High Protein Diet

Nope as long as you eat every gram of protein to lean body mass in lb that you have you'll maintain muscle mass. You can cut down on the carbs and end up eating 500 calories less.

So let's assume this person weights maybe 160lbs or 72kg. Anyway let's say he has 15% bodyfat so 24lb of his bodymass is fat. Therefore 160 - 24 = 136 lean body mass more or less. Therefore he just needs to eat around 130-140 grams of protein like fish, chicken, pork etc and he won't lose muscle mass.

Good to have more muscles than fat but ... protein is very hard to come by. They are expensive. And to mention a good amount of quality protein in your bloodstream continuously. Burning several $1 notes to keep yourself warm is still very ex compared to burning newspapers. Too much nitro can add burden to your liver and kidney.

Anyway, no carb = no magic = no heavy iron levitation at all gyms.

What do you eat on a typical high protein day?

A typical protein diet breakfast involves bacon and eggs. You are not allowed to have toast or juice. For lunch you could have a double cheeseburger (no bun) and a small salad. At dinner, simply eat as much of the meat of your choice as it takes to fill you up. You may compliment this meal with more salad if you wish. Basically any foods with sugar, starchy vegetables, and grains and fruits are not allowed.

Protein Diets and the loss of weight due to loss of water weight

A diet high in protein can reduce large swings in blood sugar levels. Also, a protein diet can lead to faster than average weight loss. However, this is largely due to loss of water weight . Having healthy amounts of carbohydrate in your body's tissues encourages your body to store water, which is healthy and necessary. If you drastically reduce the amount of carbohydrate in your body, then you retain less water. The catch is that when you start eating carbs again (as almost everyone does), you gain the water weight back.

Issues with the High Protein Diet

Another key point to consider is that excess calories, from whatever source (protein, fat, or carbhohydrate), will be turned converted into fat by your body. Your body doesn't care what the source of the excess calories is, it just knows that it has more calories available than it needs to burn, so it stores the excess calories as body fat. Carbs are not evil.

Another problem with this diet is that it can lead to the over consumption of cholesterol. All that meat and cheese, which is allowed by the diet, can be very unhealthy. Also, this diet can lead to kidney problems due to the low carb intake, and, since carbs are a source of energy, not eating them can potentially make you weak.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Issues With The High Protein Diet

Good to have more muscles than fat but ... protein is very hard to come by. They are expensive. And to mention a good amount of quality protein in your bloodstream continuously. Burning several $1 notes to keep yourself warm is still very ex compared to burning newspapers. Too much nitro can add burden to your liver and kidney.

Anyway, no carb = no magic = no heavy iron levitation at all gyms.

Hello i suggest you re-read my post again before commenting. I mentioned to maintain muscle mass just eat the every gram of proten for every lb of lean muscle mass. Where got expensive? A few hundred and 30 grams of protein is very cheap. 1 meal of chicken rice for eg and you might have eaten half of your daily protein needs. Do you even know how much a gram weighs?

I won't go into carb cycling cos that's too complicated for you.

I see your post and i wonder what are you talking about. Firstly i mentioned cut down 500 calories to lose fat, you mention oh your muscle mass will go down i then mention just eat every gram for every lb of lean mass you have you say it's too expensive! How many lbs of lean mass do you have? 1000? That only takes 1 kg of meat to maintain if you somehow have that amount of inhuman muscle mass. Unless you thought it was 130lb of proteins! Did you really misread that?

Anyway you now mention about excess calories!! OMG so what do you suggest a person that wants to lose fat eat?

I think you're just trying to pick a fight with me just for the sake of it.

FYI every expert reccommends a gram of protein for every lb of lean mass you have to prevent muscle loss when cutting. It's not expensive. A typical can of tuna contains like 90grams of protein in it already.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prickly Heat Must Be The Bah Kwah

I see your post and i wonder what are you talking about. Firstly i mentioned cut down 500 calories to lose fat ...

I think you're just trying to pick a fight with me just for the sake of it.

FYI every expert reccommends a gram of protein for every lb of lean mass you have to prevent muscle loss when cutting. It's not expensive. A typical can of tuna contains like 90grams of protein in it already.

blondleg.jpg

You seemed to wake up from the wrong side of the bed today. You are weird and prickly.

I have been in this business for many years and I know the effect of not taking enough carb for your weekly workouts. You will not be able to maintain the standard that you had packed on. Protein are expensive when you compare to carb and fats. Read the labels on all food stuff and tell me whether it is easier to get food with a low protein when you still need to consume carb and fats or high protein with little consumption of carb and fats.

The so-called purest form of protein is from a tub of protein powder and they are expensive. Do you know this "every pound of protein for every pound of body mass" bullshit comes from ? The protein manufacturers ! They want you to consume as much as possible without caring about your health and the result of packing more muscle mass onto your body frame ! They are like every assholes in America that sell you drugs. They won't want you to know the truth. It's all about $$$

I've seen what will work quickly and what don't. You think the above pic is about protein ? Don't make me laugh.

No matter how, no carb also means low absorption rate of protein into your body. So, you can still go back to square one when your body throw away those additional protein out of your body as expensive waste. Your body has to react in order to use the protein. It's no use of pumping 25g of protein into your bloodstream when 24g becomes urine ! It just make your liver and kidney work harder - that's no good.

Learn from it, folks ! And stop taking the 'bah kwah'.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Prickly Heat Must Be The Bah Kwah

You seemed to wake up from the wrong side of the bed today. You are weird and prickly.

I have been in this business for many years and I know the effect of not taking enough carb for your weekly workouts. You will not be able to maintain the standard that you had packed on. Protein are expensive when you compare to carb and fats. Read the labels on all food stuff and tell me whether it is easier to get food with a low protein when you still need to consume carb and fats or high protein with little consumption of carb and fats.

The so-called purest form of protein is from a tub of protein powder and they are expensive. Do you know this "every pound of protein for every pound of body mass" bullshit comes from ? The protein manufacturers ! They want you to consume as much as possible without caring about your health and the result of packing more muscle mass onto your body frame ! They are like every assholes in America that sell you drugs. They won't want you to know the truth. It's all about $$$

I've seen what will work quickly and what don't. You think the above pic is about protein ? Don't make me laugh.

No matter how, no carb also means low absorption rate of protein into your body. So, you can still go back to square one when your body throw away those additional protein out of your body as expensive waste. Your body has to react in order to use the protein. It's no use of pumping 25g of protein into your bloodstream when 24g becomes urine ! It just make your liver and kidney work harder - that's no good.

Learn from it, folks ! And stop taking the 'bah kwah'.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

Hey read the thread title. What does it say? How to lose belly fat.

How to lose fat? Very very simple eat less, exercise more. Yeah but you'll lose muscle mass correct?

Yup you'll lose lean mass if you don't eat 1 gram of protein for every lb of lean mass you have. If you do you won't lose muscle, you eat less but still maintain your protein intake you won't lose muscle mass.

I really want to laugh at you for talk about protein powder. FYI you don't need to get protein from protein powder. Your head is filled with tons of misinformation. You're lucky i'm not an asshole like screwball who will simply call you an idiot if you're wrong. There are many cheap sources of protein unless you're a beggar that can only afford a packet of rice. Oh then that sucks cos meat obviously costs more than a packet of rice. So are you a beggar that can only afford a packet of rice?

You showed me a pic of some bodybuilder BUT let me reiterate but it isn't even part of the discussion. That bodybuilder gets his physique from taking steroids. Any professional bodybuilder takes steroids and natural bodybuilders are much smaller BUT let me repeat again BUT discussion isn't about becoming big or a bodybuilder. Again read the thread title what is this thread about? Losing bodyfat. Period. How did this protein thing come about? When you started whining to me Oh if you eat less you'll lose muscle mass!!

Remember? You decided to argue with me when i mentioned you eat 500 calories less of your daily caloric intake i then mentioned as long as you eat 1gram for every lb of bodymass you have you won't lose muscle mass. Next you came up with BS like protein is expensive and then totally went out of topic by posting a picture of a bodybuilder most likely on steroids.

Look, if you're a beggar that needs to even eat from the dustbin then yes you probably won't be able to maintain muscle mass. In fact i don't even think you need to worry about losing fat. You can easily get all your nutrients from eating normal food no need for supplements like whey protein.
At the end of the day eat 500 calories less from your daily caloric intake making sure you don't eat less meat or protein to maintain muscle mass and you'll lose body fat.

Now i'm going to see what BS you're going to retort with cos it's all about pride to you. You'll never ever ever admit you're wrong and start to post more BS just like the pic of that bodybuilder going out of topic.

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

Remember? You decided to argue with me when i mentioned you eat 500 calories less of your daily caloric intake i then mentioned as long as you eat 1gram for every lb of bodymass you have you won't lose muscle mass.

Okay lah. After calculating, it's not really a lot of food you have to eat.

80 kg x 2.2 = 176 lb = 176 g of protein per day

So, this is not a huge amount as compared to what I consume in most days.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Okay lah. After calculating, it's not really a lot of food you have to eat.

80 kg x 2.2 = 176 lb = 176 g of protein per day

So, this is not a huge amount as compared to what I consume in most days.

Um did you read carefully what i wrote earlier?

I mentioned to eat the amount of protein in grams to your LEAN body mass. This means your mass excluding the amount of bodyfat you have to MAINTAIN muscle mass. Just to maintain not to gain muscle cos this thread is about losing fat. OK i read that part you quoted me and yes i wrote too fast but it's lean body mass excluding fat which i wrote in an earlier post and i'll say it's my bad on that post.

How much bodyfat do you have?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The best way to lose belly fat is is pre-emptive, i.e. not to accumulate belly fat. The best way to do that is to beat people up now and then. Fighting is the best exercise.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The best way to lose belly fat is is pre-emptive, i.e. not to accumulate belly fat. The best way to do that is to beat people up now and then. Fighting is the best exercise.

serious ah? fighting is the best exercise? so not fatties that fight since they would make bad fighters?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

serious ah? fighting is the best exercise? so not fatties that fight since they would make bad fighters?

Tallies and fatties are easiest to handle in a streetfight. They can be tripped over onto the ground more easily. Once on the ground, they're at your mercy.