• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How To Get Rid of BEDBUGS ???!!!

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
bros,

anyone here know how to get rid of bedbugs the proven way ?

my present bed and mattress has bedbugs so looking for new ones !

but i scared will kana bedbugs so hoping to know a way to repel or kill them !

tolong pleaseeeeeeee

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
These bed bugs love dark places. Besides your bed and mattress, you should look for them at these places

1. Sofa, cushions. Especially at the slits of sofas and the zip area of cushions. There was once I threw everything away in my room(luckily I am a 1 luggage person by nature) and they still appeared. Later, I found them hiding in the slits in the sofa in the living room. Wah, I used a whole can of baygone on them. Then I found more of them hiding in the zip area inside the cushion of my brother's bed :eek:

2. All fabrics that you suspected, throw them into boiling hot water to kill the eggs.

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi there

1. Air your dirty linen aka sun it
2. If dunno ask Sun Ho or Stefanie Sun or Sun Yat Sen
3. If all else fails then set fire to it
4. Confirm will be effective

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
bros,

anyone here know how to get rid of bedbugs the proven way ?

my present bed and mattress has bedbugs so looking for new ones !

but i scared will kana bedbugs so hoping to know a way to repel or kill them !

tolong pleaseeeeeeee

Bedbugs are a tough nut. The only ways I can advise is to avoid sleeping on the bed. If you have aircon, turn it on and it helps because bedbugs survive on warmth and refuse to move in the cold.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you really Or Lan liao...

no way to rid them completely.....throw everything away.....they most probably infested your sofa and other furniture liao.....got bedbugs is very headache problem.....worse than dog fleas....suggest you move house.

no kidding

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

no way to rid them completely.....throw everything away.....they most probably infested your sofa and other furniture liao.....got bedbugs is very headache problem.....worse than dog fleas....suggest you move house.

no kidding

Yup brother, I was a victim once. I had to boil every single piece of fabric in my house then :(

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
bro,

sun tanning the bed will help or not :confused::confused::confused:

No use one brother. Unless you spot them and you a magnifying glass to direct the sunlight at them :biggrin:

Boiling water is the solution. Baygon does not really helps. Sometimes you catch one, you have to press it using your thumb until its flatten then it will die. But the smell, yucksssss....

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal

no kidding

i know it's a big problem but so far only my bedroom kana, another bedroom don't have so i sleep there now.

that's why i buying new bed and mattress but want to kill the existing ones or drive them away before they infest new bed !

read that BORIC ACID (powder form) can kill these bastards, anyone know where got sell in S'pore ?

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

no kidding

Or burn it down.:biggrin:

Seriously you have a problem. Many suggestions here are good, and they are hard to get rid of once they have taken a foothold into your house. Sunning the furniture is one but need to spray insecticides as well. Boiling what can be boiled is another. Spraying the dark places and crevices in the house is a must. It is not so much the bedbugs but their eggs you need to eliminate.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all the dark corners, crevices in and around the house as well.....they will hide there.

Or burn it down.:biggrin:

Seriously you have a problem. Many suggestions here are good, and they are hard to get rid of once they have taken a foothold into your house. Sunning the furniture is one but need to spray insecticides as well. Boiling what can be boiled is another. Spraying the dark places and crevices in the house is a must. It is not so much the bedbugs but their eggs you need to eliminate.

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
get a steam cleaner like this one below. that is how i got rid bed bugs and dust mites.

although daytime you still get suck by parasites in white, night time you'll sleep better.

[video=youtube;bStno0iTPGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bStno0iTPGo[/video]

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bedbugs are survivors. After a good blood feast, they can go an entire year without feeding. Females lay hundreds of eggs in their lifetimes. They are not without their weaknesses though. High temperatures will kill them easily, and they cannot survive underwater. If you can, dismantle your furniture and soak them in very hot water. The addition of some detergent will be quite useful. Your clothes and whatever items that could conceivably be habitats for bedbugs must be washed. Soak them after washing. Sun all items after soaking.

Most of these critters will be found in your bed, especially inside pillows, seams of mattresses, and wood frames; they like to live near their food source. They can also be found in cupboards nearby, especially if these are made of wood and are quite old. Believe it or not, wall cracks and crevices are also known hiding places. After removing all the furniture in your room for heat and water treatment, remember to inspect ALL areas in your room. Do not forget your wooden door and ceiling. You don't want to miss a spot and end up resuming your suffering a month after you move your things back in.

Normal insecticides are useless against bedbugs. You need special sprays to eliminate them. Go to your neighbourhood provision shop or NTUC outlet and ask the auntie/uncle for bedbug sprays. A small bottle of spray (less than 500 ml) can cost you around $15 but it is highly effective. A drop on a bedbug will kill it instantly. You may need to buy several bottles.

If you have a cat or a dog you allow to roam around the house, you should stop it from going into the affected areas. Grab your pet and give it a really good wash. As bedbugs live on blood, your furry friend could carry the critters. You don't really want bedbugs to spread all over your house.

If all else fail, you may have to throw away your furniture. Of course, calling a professional pest exterminator is probably the best way to end your bedbug problem, but given the resilent nature of these pests, success cannot be guaranteed.

Z

Zombie

no kidding

i agree totally... even if you throw all the furniture away, some may still be hiding in the wall cracks or cable trunks.. or if your neighbours carry them, they will come back again..