• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to be a man?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://artofmanliness.com

arto_of_manliness.jpg

The Art of Manliness is authored by husband and wife team, Brett and Kate McKay. It features articles on helping men be better husbands, better fathers, and better men. In our search to uncover the lost art of manliness, we’ll look to the past to find examples of manliness in action. We’ll analyze the lives of great men who knew what it meant to “man up” and hopefully learn from them. And we’ll talk about the skills, manners, and principles that every man should know. Since beginning in January 2008, The Art of Manliness has already gained 100,000+ subscribers and continues to grow each week.

Why the Art of Manliness?
My idea for the Art of Manliness came about as I was standing in Borders bookstore looking at the men’s magazines. It seemed to me that the content in these magazines were continually going downhill, with more and more articles about sex and how to get six pack abs. Was this all there was to being a man?

And as I looked around at the men my age, it seemed to me that many were shirking responsibility and refusing to grow up. They had lost the confidence, focus, skills, and virtues that men of the past had embodied and were a little lost. The feminism movement did some great things, but it also made men confused about their role and no longer proud of the virtues of manliness. This, coupled with the fact that many men were raised without the influence of a good father, has left a generation adrift as to what it means to be an honorable, well-rounded man.

Talking about honorable manliness was to me a niche seemingly not covered on the web or elsewhere, and I decided to start The Art of Manliness to talk about all things manly- both the serious and the fun, but with the ultimate eye toward encouraging readers to be better husbands, fathers, brothers, men.

I don’t claim to have all the answers, nor do I claim that I’m an expert on all things manly. I started this blog not because I had all the answers to being a man, but because I wanted to explore the questions with other men. Thankfully, I’ve found a whole community of men who wish to discover the lost art of manliness too.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I blame the feminist movement!

Yes. I agree.

Bad for feminists as well. They are "growing more leg hair" (pant suits) to take over the roles of the men, and getting more aggressive along the way.
And when they need a real man, they have problem communicating with him. Ouch!

The Australian Defense Force want equal rights for women on the frontline.
They will be in trouble when the women start fighting (and pulling each other hair) among themselves instead of fighting the enemy. :biggrin:

SNAG
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/74947626.jpg

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only that, imagine, equal pay nowadays. Men's salary been more or less stagnant because of this. Couple each earning roughly equal pay then goes out to buy houses. Both used combined income to get a mortgage. House price increase, babies comes along, or sickness, or retrenchment. Guess what happens to the mortgage then. In the good ole days, you get a mortgage with essentially only on one income. Mum stays at home, look after kids. If anything happen to Dad, Mum goes to work. Which situation you think don't encourage house price to grow, but means the family can survive paying the mortgage better?

Yes. I agree.

Bad for feminists as well. They are "growing more leg hair" (pant suits) to take over the roles of the men, and getting more aggressive along the way.
And when they need a real man, they have problem communicating with him. Ouch!

The Australian Defense Force want equal rights for women on the frontline.
They will be in trouble when the women start fighting (and pulling each other hair) among themselves instead of fighting the enemy. :biggrin:

SNAG
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/74947626.jpg

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only that, imagine, equal pay nowadays. Men's salary been more or less stagnant because of this. Couple each earning roughly equal pay then goes out to buy houses.

This is why one of my staff's 3 kids have no father's name in the Aussie Birth Certificate. So, mother can collect more welfare money. With 3 kids, she cannot work anyway Centrelink will not pressure her to work.

But in the Chinese ancestry's family tree, they have both Chinese wedding certificate and both parents are stated in the Family Tree Record book. :smile:

Last edited: