• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How the government keeps HDB prices artificially high

temasekreview

Alfrescian
Loyal
Over 85% of Singapore’s population lives in public housing built by the Housing Development Board (HDB) of Singapore.

Originally built to provide cheap and affordable housing for Singaporeans, the prices of HDB flats have ballooned in the last decade, with HDB resale prices rising 1.4 per cent in the second quarter to a record high.

According to National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan, the flat prices will probably continue to go up, but they will remain affordable to Singaporeans.
While the prices of private properties had dropped by as much as 40% at the beginning of year due to the global financial turmoil, HDB prices remain strong on the whole and even pick up after the first quarter.

How is possible to have a inflationary public housing market in the midst of an economic recession?

One reason lies in the fact that HDB has a complete monopoly over the building of public housing in Singapore. By controlling the supply of new flats, HDB is able to keep the demand constantly high and therefore popping up the prices.

The second reason is because a HDB flat is a basic necessity in land-scarce Singapore. Unlike in larger countries like Malaysia and Thailand where one can go off to live in the rural areas, there is literally nowhere to turn to in Singapore. Therefore there will always be a demand for HDB flats.

Read rest of article here:

http://temasekreview.com/?p=12967

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am waiting for the days 4 room flats can fetched up to a cool million...

then i can finally migrate to Canada leow!! LOL!!

hey gabramen, what other tricks do you have up on your sleaves?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am waiting for the days 4 room flats can fetched up to a cool million...

then i can finally migrate to Canada leow!! LOL!!

hey gabramen, what other tricks do you have up on your sleaves?

the sooner your christian arse left for christian land. the better, stop pestering non chrisitan in singapore with your auto start youtube rubbish.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
how to keep HDB prices artificially high?

1. 0% depreciation for old flats
2. 5% inflation of old flats annually (yr on yr)
3. dont lay a single brick for new flats unless 130% of applicants in the queue & loans approved