• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat How many of u can survive on your own?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did that in my Uni years moving from residence to apartment & vice versa during the summer breaks. Had an air mattress for a bed, got my furniture from the Salvation army or 2nd hand from other students.

However that is in the past. When you have reached my age, you accumulate plenty of barang, barang & it would be a waste to throw away e.g. teak furniture, ergonomic desk, Herman Miller chair, computers, book collection, TV, kitchen appliances, ...

No choice, one must invest in cleaning systems like a steam mop, vacum cleaner, .. etc. If one does not have a maid , must look at automated systems like a robot cleaner. The amount I save doing without a maid can easily pay for the automation devices. However I am looking at a more long term solution such as moving out of Spore.

In places like Thailand a part-time maid is relatively cheap. They'll come in during the day to do the cleaning & cooking. It's also cheaper to get a motor cycle or car which makes it easier to get around to do errands like buying groceries.

so now u are shackled to ur world of material possessions and creature comforts and ur catalogue of ikea furniture collection and herman miller chairs.ur life is nothing but a collection of things u saw in the magazines,tv and internet.u are no longer living ur life,instead ur belongings are ur life.

all u need is a match and a gas stove and fifteen minutes.close the windows,turn on the gas stove for fifteen minutes and toss the match in and u will be free.and collect ze insurance.

buy a van and u can live in it and travel the world like this couple.

[video=youtube;Me1SZjWBuoI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me1SZjWBuoI&index=1&list=FLNvi2EPLDsmB9HCDEKczgzA[/video]

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so now u are shackled to ur world of material possessions and creature comforts and ur catalogue of ikea furniture collection and herman miller chairs.ur life is nothing but a collection of things u saw in the magazines,tv and internet.u are no longer living ur life,instead ur belongings are ur life.

all u need is a match and a gas stove and fifteen minutes.close the windows,turn on the gas stove for fifteen minutes and toss the match in and u will be free.and collect ze insurance.

buy a van and u can live in it and travel the world like this couple.

[video=youtube;Me1SZjWBuoI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me1SZjWBuoI&index=1&list=FLNvi2EPLDsmB9HCDEKczgzA[/video]

The only time I've owned anything from Ikea was when I was a student. That was also the time that I considered getting a VW van to do touring of Canada & the USA, but a car is cheaper & that is what I bought.

Don't you own a TV, a chair, a computer, .... or are these things considered luxuries:smile:
I may not own a car but I really like my Herman Miller chair. I sit & sleep in it for hours per day.

I believe in buying quality because in the long run it is actually cheaper as they last longer.

jw5

Loyal
The only time I've owned anything from Ikea was when I was a student. That was also the time that I considered getting a VW van to do touring of Canada & the USA, but a car is cheaper & that is what I bought.

Don't you own a TV, a chair, a computer, .... or are these things considered luxuries:smile:
I may not own a car but I really like my Herman Miller chair. I sit & sleep in it for hours per day.

I believe in buying quality because in the long run it is actually cheaper as they last longer.

TV and chair are necessities, computer is a luxury. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TV and chair are necessities, computer is a luxury. :biggrin:

I would say a computer is a necessity in Spore because you can save $$$ by buying from the internet.

Also one of the only ways to find out if a store has relocated or closed.

jw5

Loyal
I would say a computer is a necessity in Spore because you can save $$$ by buying from the internet.

Also one of the only ways to find out if a store has relocated or closed.

Ok, computer is a necessity, newspaper and window shopping is a luxury. :biggrin:

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not difficult to survive on your own.

But it's more fun to have a char bor and kids to be with.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok, computer is a necessity, newspaper and window shopping is a luxury. :biggrin:

Going to a store in Orchard Road to do window shopping is definitely a luxury.

If you drive you will pay ERP & Orchard Rd parking, even if you take public transport it's expensive. One is better off going to JB. Over there you can do everything cheaper e.g. have a meal, see a show. Puasa is begins soon & that means no crowds.