• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many are using VISTA?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Previously using Win XP.

Although I have bought a Vista update 1 or 2 years ago, I never used it because of issues such as drivers not yet updated. Forgot that I had the update :smile:

Now that Vista is mature, I'm thinking about using the Vista update. I've had to replace my dead HDD. Now that I got a new 1 terabyte HDD, got to decide whether to install XP or Vista.

How many people out there are actually using Vista? Would you recomend XP or Vista? I'm not considering Win 7 yet, because its still beta. Nor am I considering Linux because of the apps I need to run.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use XP in Aussieland, Vista in Singapore and a Mac in Kiwiland :smile:

Vista is fine but the bells and whistles is useless :eek:

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vista Business/Xp Pro on 320GB internal HDD
Never do any update on vista yet, all useless update only take up space.

IMovies for my photos and movies editing on IMAC

Last edited:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of all the operating systems....like XP/VISTA/UBUNTU/OSX/Win7

i think VISTA is worse of the lot...

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Vista is a Microsoft failure. There are so many people who have bought systems bundled with Vista but ultimately dump it and downgrade to XP.

Vista is memory hungry. You will need at least 2GB of RAM before you can get it running smoothly. Although there are certain functions in Vista which appears to be more versatile than XP, but I would just sit Vista out and wait for Windows 7 and see whether Microsoft comes up with something better than XP or not.

Goh Meng Seng

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The title of your thread should be "How many MORONS are using Microshit products?".:rolleyes:

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

I have XP Pro SP3, is there any problem upgrade to Windows 7
How about Windows ME ? Windows 2000 ? any problem ?
How about Windows 95, and 98 ?? Any problem ?
Any one can help ??

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vista is a Microsoft failure. There are so many people who have bought systems bundled with Vista but ultimately dump it and downgrade to XP.

I have used Vista bundled with my PC, though I am a green horn. It has been working very fine with me - no problem. I use basic functions. As to space - not even a problem because PC comes with big HDD space. 320gb - so where is the problem. I dont play stupid computer games - so no problem.

angie

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am happy with my win95, no complaints. :smile:
I am happy with my Nokia 8250, no complaints. :smile:
I am happy with my internet dial up connection, no complaints.
:smile:

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suggest you stick to XP. I had Vista, and stuck it into my rig earlier this year and rolled back to XP after just 2 weeks. Months later, I stuck it into another rig hoping the updates would've stabilised the OS.

But no, same shit again. Random lockups and crashes. So I rolled back after 1 week.

Now my Vista box is sitting there collecting dust. I suggest you not waste your time on such installations/uninstallations, and sit it out with XP.

It will save you a lot of time.

Hope it helps.

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
all my 7 machine are on vista

basic/premium/ultimate

no point using XP liao no more support in future. Vista support will run long time like lky lanjiao

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am writing this on my old, old iBook using Panther. Will retire my iBook & get a new MacBook Pro when Snow Leopard is out & a little more seasoned :smile:

PC hardware nowdays are not very reliable. Have had to replace my video card(within weeks of purchase), power supply(within 1 year) & HDD(a WD Raptor within 2yrs). Got to keep those receipts handy :biggrin:

Must use a desktop PC because I have a mult-monitor setup. Using 2 nvidia video cards to run 3 monitors. Under XP its really easy to do.

From the less feedback I think I'll continue using XP. Looks like I wasted my $$$ getting Vista. If anyone wants to buy Vista let me know, selling cheap :smile:

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
When my desktop running xp bit the dust, i thought i will go out and get another new machine with xp but all the shops were selling vista loaded os.
I have a laptop that runs on vista and i hated it so my next option was to get a mac.
So far very happy with it.