• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Long Does Police Investigations Take?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Police Report made in April, 2009 - only now a final decisiion!!!

=================================================

Dear Sir

POLICE REPORT G/20090xxxx/yyyy

I refer to your xxxxxxxx dated vvvvvv 2011 to the Customer
Relations Branch, Singapore Police Force and we apologise for the delay in
updating you on the status of investigations.

2 We would like to assure you that the Police takes a very stern view
of all criminal cases reported. Police have conducted a thorough
investigation into the matter and the information surfaced is not
sufficient to make up a case beyond reasonable doubts against the
defendant. In consultation with the Attorney-Generals’ Chambers, please be
informed that Police will be taking no further actions into the matter.
However, this does not preclude you from seeking recourse against the other
party by way of civil proceedings if you desire.

3 We take this opportunity to thank you for your cooperation during the
course of investigation. Should you need any further clarification, please
contact Senior Investigation Officer XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX YYYYYYYYYYYYYY @spf.gov.sg or Tel: 6fffffffuuu.

Yours faithfully

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Police Report made in April, 2009 - only now a final decisiion!!!

=================================================

Dear Sir

POLICE REPORT G/20090xxxx/yyyy

I refer to your xxxxxxxx dated vvvvvv 2011 to the Customer
Relations Branch, Singapore Police Force and we apologise for the delay in
updating you on the status of investigations.

2 We would like to assure you that the Police takes a very stern view
of all criminal cases reported. Police have conducted a thorough
investigation into the matter and the information surfaced is not
sufficient to make up a case beyond reasonable doubts against the
defendant. In consultation with the Attorney-Generals’ Chambers, please be
informed that Police will be taking no further actions into the matter.
However, this does not preclude you from seeking recourse against the other
party by way of civil proceedings if you desire.

3 We take this opportunity to thank you for your cooperation during the
course of investigation. Should you need any further clarification, please
contact Senior Investigation Officer XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX YYYYYYYYYYYYYY @spf.gov.sg or Tel: 6fffffffuuu.

Yours faithfully

If they want to fix the accused it is less than 24 hours and the paperwork probably is produced afterwards backdated. Here, the accuser is fixed.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look guys, the cops are very busy ok - just last Thu they had to mobilize tens of police vehicles (including several feared ang chias with the attendant SOC troopers), police dogs (real ones) and scores of beat cops to track down ONE man who escaped while in handcuffs after he'd been arrested for parking offences. And this criminal was so devious that he did not allow himself to be caught - he surrendered.

S

suicidalpap

The case of TPL must be very complicated that it needs a modern day Sherlock Holmes to solve it.:biggrin::biggrin::mad:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our SPF are useless in dealing with cases. The reply always begins with "We are sorry for the late reply." Every case seems to have late replies because they never keep to their promise when they say "we will investigate and respond to you in xx days." After that you never get one and then the cycle repeat until they finally made up their mind that it is "no case and give a stupid excuse." Same thing happens also after a police report when they said "we will call you in xx days." Wait for coconut to fall and still there will be no response.

Once I reported that a group of guys were repairing a motorcycle next block to mine at 10 pm. They were making hell of a noise and my child was having exams next day and trying to sleep. So I called and they said they will send a team to check. Half hour later still no one came so I called again. They said the team is on it's way and mean time, the motorcyclist had done the repairs and testing the machine. As usual, the bike has a modified exhaust and they were ramming the engine at midnight. I made a 3rd call and they again said the team is coming very soon but now these guys were riding the bike and circling the car park revving up the engine and the exhaust pipe was really loud.

Soon after, they left and then the bloody police car arrive at 12.30 after they had already left. I was fuming mad. A robbery or rape could happen and they will take 2 hours to respond.

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next time, try something like, "I think I might have killed someone making noise at the void deck of my block of flats."

Our SPF are useless in dealing with cases. The reply always begins with "We are sorry for the late reply." Every case seems to have late replies because they never keep to their promise when they say "we will investigate and respond to you in xx days." After that you never get one and then the cycle repeat until they finally made up their mind that it is "no case and give a stupid excuse." Same thing happens also after a police report when they said "we will call you in xx days." Wait for coconut to fall and still there will be no response.

Once I reported that a group of guys were repairing a motorcycle next block to mine at 10 pm. They were making hell of a noise and my child was having exams next day and trying to sleep. So I called and they said they will send a team to check. Half hour later still no one came so I called again. They said the team is on it's way and mean time, the motorcyclist had done the repairs and testing the machine. As usual, the bike has a modified exhaust and they were ramming the engine at midnight. I made a 3rd call and they again said the team is coming very soon but now these guys were riding the bike and circling the car park revving up the engine and the exhaust pipe was really loud.

Soon after, they left and then the bloody police car arrive at 12.30 after they had already left. I was fuming mad. A robbery or rape could happen and they will take 2 hours to respond.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next time, try something like, "I think I might have killed someone making noise at the void deck of my block of flats."

What if someone else also cannot tahan and killed the bugger? I get handcuff in front of my kids and get into problems with the law.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True. Alternatively, you could say, there's a lot of smoke coming from the void deck - there might be a fire. I'm assuming they had been revving their engines.

What if someone else also cannot tahan and killed the bugger? I get handcuff in front of my kids and get into problems with the law.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. Alternatively, you could say, there's a lot of smoke coming from the void deck - there might be a fire. I'm assuming they had been revving their engines.

Doesn't work either. I did that as there was a real fire. The police did not come until noon the next day. By then, only ashes and traces of burns remain.

Before that, they spend at least 30-45mins trying to verify if I'm playing a prank or genuine.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I found a WWII relic ( otherwise known as a bomb) at the void deck of my HDB flat, see how long they take to turn up? or I am sure I am seeing CSJ holding a WWII relic at........the 'poddles' will take 5 seconds & drop down from the skies to investigate. Other than that, they are very busy providing 25 hr, custodial services to the best 'chilli craps stall' in town.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This IS scary. I hope the SCDF did turn up.

Doesn't work either. I did that as there was a real fire. The police did not come until noon the next day. By then, only ashes and traces of burns remain.

Before that, they spend at least 30-45mins trying to verify if I'm playing a prank or genuine.

No good. Wrong sort of police would turn up.

I found a WWII relic ( otherwise known as a bomb) at the void deck of my HDB flat, see how long they take to turn up? or I am sure I am seeing CSJ holding a WWII relic at........the 'poddles' will take 5 seconds & drop down from the skies to investigate. Other than that, they are very busy providing 25 hr, custodial services to the best 'chilli craps stall' in town.