• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how honest are they the SDP?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go read my other posts. I am not a PAP supporter.

for one who keeps using other's real name as his nic, how much integrity do u think he has? if his real more "honorable" name which is present here were to expose to be linked to all this cowardly act, just think what the outcome would be and all his political blogs would mean to be a great farce!! then imagine, the "self-righteous" people who are linked to him ...i just couldn't imagine how to skin a snake when it is caught in its own deceit.:(

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair to Singapore's present illiberal democracy model, you still have a "right", the "right" to vote out the PAP government at the next GE. Perhaps a simplistic view, but when you get to crux, the "right" still exits and it is there. Also the Malaysian political Tsunami in March is perhaps instructive. Why? Because before the Malaysian GE in March the opposition PKR was advocating for political electoral reforms and claiming bias etc. Yet notwithstanding all these claims the oppos were still able to effect such an astounding political tsunami.

To me this debate now goes beyond political ideology and philosophy. The battle now appears to be about enabling and sustaining "good governance", and this appears to be a battle between liberal democractic capitalism (see the old traditional western liberal democracies) vs benign authoritarian capitalism (see Singapore, Russia, PRC).

What economics Nobel laurete, Prof Michael Spence said at the recent IPS lecture is perhaps worth considering:

Economic growth must be inclusive and sustained. Reasonable equality of opportunity, reasonable equity of outcomes - measured in terms of incomes and access to basic services - and reasonable routes of protection from adverse effects of the markets have to be an integral part of a country's growth strategy. Income distribution issues need to be addressed in light of globalisation.

One major failure for some countries was the wrong economic approach. But the more serious - and probably more widespread - category related to problems in political leadership. "This is independent of political form. I'm not talking about democracy; I'm talking about....what are they actually doing, whoose interests do they think they're supposed to work on or promote...If you don't find a way to put in place leaders acting in the interests of all people, then you will fail."

Today I was driving on the CTE and the ERP gantry deducted $5.00 from the cashcard in my IU, afterwhich I exit at Havelock Road and another $2.50 was deducted. This is a simple example of we the citizens of Singapore having no say, having no rights.

A

Alu862

Any JC student taking GP knows that a balanced argument is the key. SDP only likes to think everything is bad, terrible without them considering what may have been good or give any alternative reply.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
bapok don't try your spinning game again lah

can't find your balls say so lah

lend you mine .... want?

LOL

your are the most honestest here!! and so are SDP clowns...and so are all your clones...the mostest bestest honestest people singapoo can have:biggrin: if we don't thrust them, who else can we most honestly thrust?:biggrin:

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair to Singapore's present illiberal democracy model, you still have a "right", the "right" to vote out the PAP government at the next GE. Perhaps a simplistic view, but when you get to crux, the "right" still exits and it is there. Also the Malaysian political Tsunami in March is perhaps instructive. Why? Because before the Malaysian GE in March the opposition PKR was advocating for political electoral reforms and claiming bias etc.

How can this right exist when the prime minister says he has to think of "fixing" the opposition and for his part his father minister mentor Lee says election results are "engineered"??

In Malaysia where there is an election commission, the opposition parties have their own set of problems and its for them to sort it out.

But in Singapore the right to vote is there on paper. Similarly, the rights to freedoms of speech, assembly and expression are written in our constitution, and the national pledge speaks of creating a democratic society!!

What we have in Singapore is an authoritarian regime bent on remaining in power through subjecting the entire state machinery to serve its needs. It's neither illiberal nor liberal, let alone democratic!!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can this right exist when the prime minister says he has to think of "fixing" the opposition and for his part his father minister mentor Lee says election results are "engineered"??

In Malaysia where there is an election commission, the opposition parties have their own set of problems and its for them to sort it out.

But in Singapore the right to vote is there on paper. Similarly, the rights to freedoms of speech, assembly and expression are written in our constitution, and the national pledge speaks of creating a democratic society!!

What we have in Singapore is an authoritarian regime bent on remaining in power through subjecting the entire state machinery to serve its needs. It's neither illiberal nor liberal, let alone democratic!!

if he doesn't fix them, they fix him. that's dirty politic:eek:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regardless of what LKY and son have said, the fact of the matter is that the right to vote actually exists. This is not a myth. Now how the public electorate exercises this right is something else altogether. But nothing remains static and constant forever. This is the dynamic of life.

As for Malaysia, I maintain that their March GE is instructive to Singapore's case. In fact before the GE, the opposition complained about the election commission being bias in favour of the ruling BN. Same goes for the mainstream media etc.

But in Singapore the right to vote is there on paper.

BobKHSim

Alfrescian
Loyal
your are the most honestest here!! and so are SDP clowns...and so are all your clones...the mostest bestest honestest people singapoo can have:biggrin: if we don't thrust them, who else can we most honestly

how can any one beat you on honesty !?!?!?!

when you're an honest liar and cheat!

you bashed up father still not enof

still you go about stealing temple donations

stealing handphones and stealing passwords ... kekeke

today got kidney dialysis or not?

LOL

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
how can any one beat you on honesty !?!?!?!

when you're an honest liar and cheat!

you bashed up father still not enof

still you go about stealing temple donations

stealing handphones and stealing passwords ... kekeke

today got kidney dialysis or not?

LOL

CHEAT, LEECH AND EXPLOIT.....is like cheap, lame and explicit...i must also add the chinese word JIAN which u people truly glorify.:rolleyes:

BobKHSim

Alfrescian
Loyal
CHEAT, LEECH AND EXPLOIT.....is like cheap, lame and explicit...i must also add the chinese word JIAN which u people truly glorify

bapok all the twirling and turning also no use one lah .... kekeke

who dunno what a no life loser you have bcum after you got thrown out of the temple for stealing money ... LOL

you can run but cannot hide liao ... hehehe

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
bapok all the twirling and turning also no use one lah .... kekeke

who dunno what a no life loser you have bcum after you got thrown out of the temple for stealing money ... LOL

you can run but cannot hide liao ... hehehe

u think like husband throwing out wife??

temple is asking for his return. too late!! he's wanted by the church now :p