• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HOTA harvesting organs despite family pleading, Police were called

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Key Changes Under the Human Organ Transplant (Amendment) Act 2009
(1) Removal of the 60-year upper age limit on cadaveric organ donors.

This is the most oppressive change done to HOTA, in my honest opinion.

Forget all the rule changes, just opt the fuck out of HOTA.

You want my organs after my death? You can retrieve them from the ashes of my cremated remains. :oIo:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a colleague who benefitted from HOTAS. He was hardly in the privileged class. He was an accountant who needed a kidney transplant. He was in his mid 30s and he benefitted from the death of a 19 year old who died in a traffic accident.

They took into account his age and the fact that there was a tissue match. They never asked who he voted for.

Your colleague should have died. Stealing an organ from a juvenile simpleton who probably hadn't even heard about opting out.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
In general and common appearance, HOTA seems workout for ordinary/ common people.
The catch is that whether States/ Gov. paid for the poor if they cannot afford the transplant costs?
For example, a liver was available for a man who queued first in HOTA, but then he cannot afford the transplant bill... Then how!
Most likely this lever will reach to the person, who can pay the costs (doctors, hospitals, ethic committees, legally, etc).

Is there any proof or case of Gov. paid the cost for HOTA recipients?
I think you got a point. Not everyone can afford operation to receive organ transplant, as well as the lifelong medication and complications after the transplant. Organ transplant recipients are more likely to be at least upper middle class.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hota-opt-out.JPG

lianbeng says: MOH has ur record when u opt out. so in future something happened to u (touchwood) they will also opt u out of receiving organ from another person, eg. cornea of eyes. :biggrin: in other words, u die ur problem lah!

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you got a point. Not everyone can afford operation to receive organ transplant, as well as the lifelong medication and complications after the transplant. Organ transplant recipients are more likely to be at least upper middle class.

In simple words..HOTA

benefit the White scums and their cronies.

These parasites are too afraid to recevied organs from 'outside'

Thinking that those are 'tainted'.

They prefer Sinkie, poorer Sinkie that is.

So opt out of HOTA.

NOW!

geylangchickenloyangduck

Alfrescian
Loyal
nah beh.....the guy is 22 right,? Above 21 liao, can enter into contract....sum more he din opt out...so even if parents cry father cry mother, still will HOTA when doc confirm he brain dead n no hope.

if parents wanna contest, they shld contest whether he brain dead....and they should have admitted him to Raffles ...not Changi...

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nah beh.....the guy is 22 right,? Above 21 liao, can enter into contract....sum more he din opt out...so even if parents cry father cry mother, still will HOTA when doc confirm he brain dead n no hope.

if parents wanna contest, they shld contest whether he brain dead....and they should have admitted him to Raffles ...not Changi...

lianbeng agrees with u! above 21 years old can sign own consent liao parents cannot interfere liao! :biggrin: if he's not out, then he's in lor!

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng dun think police can do much about it other than confirm the HOTA agreement lor! :biggrin: either opt out or in lor!

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
blatantly taking one life just to save another one's life.

will leave a bitter taste in everyone's mind, even worse for the closed ones of the victim.

why people don't believe in miracles that the coma victim might wake up some day?

btw my wife and i din opt out because we both feel it's good to save someone's life.

but to be in this kind of situation is really a bummer.

HOTA is a testimony of PAP's cold hearted policies to the entire nation.

Last edited:

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
why people don't believe in miracles that the coma victim might wake up some day?

He is not in coma, he is brain dead. The problem in SG is that there won't be enough donors if it is not an opt-out system. There is no empathy for fellow SGreans which is tragic. The nation is extremely fragile and will break apart at the slightest sign of trouble. With the huge influx of foreigners, this issue will only be exacerbated.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is not in coma, he is brain dead. The problem in SG is that there won't be enough donors if it is not an opt-out system. There is no empathy for fellow SGreans which is tragic. The nation is extremely fragile and will break apart at the slightest sign of trouble. With the huge influx of foreigners, this issue will only be exacerbated.

lianbeng says: when doctor pronounced "brain dead" the organs must be harvested immediately coz tissues will die within a few critical minutes due to lack of oxygen supply. when the organ is dead, no use liao only can throw away lor! :biggrin:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone can confirm if there is life after death?
if there is no, what is the purpose of having a complete carcass?

what happen when a cripple or blind person died?
will they still be cripple or blind in the hell?