• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hot Weather and I bought a KDK fan

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what... you mean watching them whirling and flinging bits of that shite in the airstream right at you?? :sneaky::sneaky:

yah... I feel you...:laugh::laugh:
in sg, the dust and dirt on the blades and grills don’t get blown off. they becum part of its texture, much like fur on a puppy. need soap and sponge to scrub it off. it’s not so much humidity that makes it sticky. it’s aerosolized oil from the kitchen. :ninja:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
who really dismantle and clean the blades of a conventional fan anyway? when it’s accumulated with dirt and dust after 6.9 years of use i sell it to garang guni uncle and buy a brand new one. i’ve never cum across a sinkie household which dismantle and clean their conventional fans.
I have almost 2 x 6.9 fans in the house, ranging from AEROGAZ (x1), EUROPACE (x1), KDK (x1), MISTRAL (x4), NATIONAL (x1 ceiling fan), PANASONIC (x1), RUBINE (x1 ceiling fan), SANYO (x1) and TAIYO (x2). Except for the 2 ceiling fans, I clean the others by rotation every 6.9 weeks. I'm not so rich like you to throw them away every 6.9 years. Some of them I had even replaced their Power Factor Capacitor which will age with time, otherwise, their speed will be less than 690rpm at the highest speed setting.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have almost 2 x 6.9 fans in the house, ranging from AEROGAZ (x1), EUROPACE (x1), KDK (x1), MISTRAL (x4), NATIONAL (x1 ceiling fan), PANASONIC (x1), RUBINE (x1 ceiling fan), SANYO (x1) and TAIYO (x2). Except for the 2 ceiling fans, I clean the others by rotation every 6.9 weeks. I'm not so rich like you to throw them away every 6.9 years. Some of them I had even replaced their Power Factor Capacitor which will age with time, otherwise, their speed will be less than 690rpm at the highest speed setting.
you must be a disciple of my unker.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are at least 69 blades inside the unit. It's impossible to create an air movement without blades. Even jet engines have at least 690 blades.

Anyway, DYSON fans are not practical because they are difficult to dismantle and clean the blades. Even those normal tower fans are out for me due to maintenance difficulty.
technically they are not “blades” in the pedestal, they are 9 asymmetrical vanes with specially designed tubes to maximize air flow and velocity.
AED6EF40-E5B2-4B54-A57F-64F584ADB450.jpeg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why you so cheap one? You have big fat USD bank account, spend lah. Fan is for low SES people. You must have Dyson Aircon!
only the dyson hot+cool+air purifier model. as for vacuum cleaner, i use the “ohm” cyclone which is made in sg. it’s better than the dyson vacuum cleaner as it’s lightweight, handy, and can be used for house and vehicle cleaning. battery life is better too. at least 69 minutes if fully charged.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
only the dyson hot+cool+air purifier model. as for vacuum cleaner, i use the “ohm” cyclone which is made in sg. it’s better than the dyson vacuum cleaner as it’s lightweight, handy, and can be used for house and vehicle cleaning. battery life is better too. at least 69 minutes if fully charged.

Isn't an air conditioner cooler than a fan?

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time flies and recently the weather is getting hot again. My KDK fan is still doing fine.
I am contemplating to buy another KDK fan. I hope that my KDK fans will last for many years.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to know if this 3in1 can suck moisture in the air and yet consuming the same amount of electricity compared with the normal old school fan?
efficient use of power and thus electricity as it has chips and software to optimize all functions.

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
efficient use of power and thus electricity as it has chips and software to optimize all functions.
I called Dyson Singapore customer service and asking for dyson fan with dehumidifier but they told me that their day has is just a normal blade-less fan with air purifier function.