• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hot Favourite Kopi Tiam!!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
As at 5.12pm:

Singapore Kopitiam - 2,888 messages posted since the start

Sammyboy.com's Alfresco Coffee Shop - 3,978 messages

Sam's Coffeeshop II - 559 messages

The Otak Stall - 1,814 messages

We should not associate with the names Sammyboy, Sam Leong etc anymore. So Sammyboy.com's Alfresco Coffee Shop and Sam's Coffeeshop II are out.

Kopitiam is more commonly used by the peasants than coffee shop, and is very apt for talking about life in this little red dot.

So, unless there is a better kopi tiam that springs up, dot's favourite kopi tiam will be Singapore Kopitiam.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/sunkopitiam/messages

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
So, unless there is a better kopi tiam that springs up, dot's favourite kopi tiam will be Singapore Kopitiam.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/sunkopitiam/messages

Since it's so "successful", I guess it would be a right time for me to start charging for ADVERTISING your link. :p

I've been very fair and given you FREE publicity for more than a week to help get things off the ground.:wink:

PM me and I'll give you an official quote. There are special discounts if you pay for 3 months in advance.

This was my bill from my hosting company for this month. (In USD). Advertising helps cover my costs. I thank you very much in advance for your support. :smile:

Reply-To: [email protected]

Sam,

Thank you for contacting HostICan Billing.

I've reviewed this case, and noticed that you and Denis brokered a deal for additional memory a bit ago. Seems that one of the billing administrators didn't enter in the correctvalue (as your paying $100/mo for 10 additional pieces and you paid $1,000 cash up front).and seems when the system ran, it thought $100/mo x 10 in a single month. Which drove
up the price by $1,000.00 USD.

Anyhow, I've fixed that one for you, the invoice comes to $2,632.60 - below is the payment link and the invoice is attached for your convenience.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA :biggrin:

Charge more more...sporeans here all very rich!!!! :p

Nothing heard from Sinkie poor Kopitiam mangement yet. :rolleyes:

Perhaps they have to convene a board meeting and seek shareholder approval for taking out a paid advertisement link at the Alfresco coffee shop. :biggrin:

VictorSun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing heard from Sinkie poor Kopitiam mangement yet. :rolleyes:

Perhaps they have to convene a board meeting and seek shareholder approval for taking out a paid advertisement link at the Alfresco coffee shop. :biggrin:

Hello Leongsam:

TeeKee is not staff member of Singapore Kopitiam. He is only a very keen supporter of Singapore Kopitiam, who is accustomed to Delphiforums' friendly user interface and wants to stay that way. His deeds and words do not represent the view of Singapore Kopitiam.

Like you, we are also facing the problem of paying the protection money to the Forum God to get polling and chatting facilities. With no advertisement revenue at present, it is a losing game as you know it.

We are interested in doing a win-win deal with you for mutual benefits. We propose that a link to your new Sam's AlfrescoHeaven be placed in our Announcements folder which gives maximum visibility to all visitors. In return, you will place a thread that contains a link to our Singapore Kopitiam as Sticky in your Friendly Coffee Shop Talk folder. Most visitors would like to visit both Sam's AlfrescoHeaven and Singapore Kopitiam. In this way, it will boast both forums' daily visitor numbers and you can justify charging a higher advertisement price.

I do not see that we are competitors in any sense. Your Sam's AlfrescoHeaven attracted hardcore followers from the old SBF because of the reputation of "Leaongsam". We are serving the niche of old SBF lovers who prefer the Delphiforums' friendly user interface. With our cooperation, I am sure that the daily visitor numbers to both Sam's AlfrescoHeaven and Singapore Kopitiam will improve.

Please let me have your thoughts on this.

Regards,
VictorSun

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Like you, we are also facing the problem of paying the protection money to the Forum God to get polling and chatting facilities. With no advertisement revenue at present, it is a losing game as you know it.

I have one simple request. Please don't spam my forum with links to yours.

It's a matter of common courtesy. :p

I thank you very much in advance for your cooperation.

bluefin

Hello Leongsam:

TeeKee is not staff member of Singapore Kopitiam. He is only a very keen supporter of Singapore Kopitiam, who is accustomed to Delphiforums' friendly user interface and wants to stay that way. His deeds and words do not represent the view of Singapore Kopitiam.

We are interested in doing a win-win deal with you for mutual benefits. We propose that a link to your new Sam's AlfrescoHeaven be placed in our Announcements folder which gives maximum visibility to all visitors. In return, you will place a thread that contains a link to our Singapore Kopitiam as Sticky in your Friendly Coffee Shop Talk folder. Most visitors would like to visit both Sam's AlfrescoHeaven and Singapore Kopitiam. In this way, it will boast both forums' daily visitor numbers and you can justify charging a higher advertisement price.

I do not see that we are competitors in any sense. Your Sam's AlfrescoHeaven attracted hardcore followers from the old SBF because of the reputation of "Leaongsam". We are serving the niche of old SBF lovers who prefer the Delphiforums' friendly user interface. With our cooperation, I am sure that the daily visitor numbers to both Sam's AlfrescoHeaven and Singapore Kopitiam will improve.

Please let me have your thoughts on this.

Regards,
VictorSun

Victor,

Before I pledge my allegiance to you, I need to ask you one question: Do you celebrate winners and despise losers like Leongsam does?

Cheers

VictorSun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have one simple request. Please don't spam my forum with links to yours.

It's a matter of common courtesy. :p

I thank you very much in advance for your cooperation.

Hello Leongsam:

From your answer, I suppose the proposed deal is off. Right?

Come on, when you posted 3 messages in Singapore Kopitiam with your trademark signature linking to your 1900 number, I have NEVER said a word of displeasure nor deleted your messages. Instead, I extended my warmest welcome to you and invited you for a return visit. At the very least, I would expect you to return my courtesy.

If you want to charge my links for money, I too have to send you a bill for advertisements. This will end up as a lose-lose situation.

What you you think?

Victor Sun

VictorSun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The staff members of Singapore Kopitiam got to work harder to have more customers. Put more stories, scandals, insider stories, funny stories like Istana Tales, your customers will grow.

So far, Singapore Kopitiam is doing great - don't have those spam or flame posts.

Hello Wendy:

Thank you for your kind words and advice.

I look forward to your return visit.

Victor Sun

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, I feel that the winner for the Delphi platform competition will be someone who engages least in negative/unfair competition and shows more interest in the subject (current affairs) than in the object (which is to host).

It is like the proverbial slow tortoise that won the race.

VictorSun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Victor,

Before I pledge my allegiance to you, I need to ask you one question: Do you celebrate winners and despise losers like Leongsam does?

Cheers

Hello bluefin:

Our philosophy is completely different from Leongsam's.

I am neutral, do not care who are winners, who are losers.

Does that answer your question?

Victor Sun

VictorSun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, I feel that the winner for the Delphi platform competition will be someone who engages least in negative/unfair competition and shows more interest in the subject (current affairs) than in the object (which is to host).

It is like the proverbial slow tortoise that won the race.

Hello phouse3:

You are damn right!

What a wise man!

Victor Sun

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
.........Come on, when you posted 3 messages in Singapore Kopitiam with your trademark signature linking to your 1900 number,

If you want to charge my links for money, I too have to send you a bill for advertisements. This will end up as a lose-lose situation.....
VictorSun said:
Hello Jah:

What would you say when Leongsam placed 3 trademark signatures in my Singapore Kopitiam linking to his 1900 number?

Victor Sun

bro victor...
the more you reply with the siggie of yours in this forum will soon cost you a bomb compared to Sam's 3 msgs with the 1900..... :biggrin: :p

Peace

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Hello Leongsam:

From your answer, I suppose the proposed deal is off. Right?

Come on, when you posted 3 messages in Singapore Kopitiam with your trademark signature linking to your 1900 number, I have NEVER said a word of displeasure nor deleted your messages. Instead, I extended my warmest welcome to you and invited you for a return visit. At the very least, I would expect you to return my courtesy.

If you want to charge my links for money, I too have to send you a bill for advertisements. This will end up as a lose-lose situation.

What you you think?

Victor Sun

Go to the top of page and hit the search button and enter the word "sunkopitiam".

You'll get 50+ messages returned posted by a variety of your so called supporters viz VictorSun, TeeKee, KopitiamBoss, MoLanYong, swing, wayang, Speedman, New Dawn etc.

If I did a check, I'd probably find that most of the accounts are clone accounts but that's another story.

Included in those messages are extremely rude ones. For example :

(This one is a pure lie in the first place. This forum is twice as fast as Delphi as Delphi has a shitload of Ad banners and google ad links to load with each thread view.)

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?p=6494&highlight=sunkopitiam#post6494

This forum is really slow!

Let's move to the new Singapore Kopitiam:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/sunkopitiam/messages/

See you there!
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?p=6699&highlight=sunkopitiam#post6699

Let's go back to old Kopitiam:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/sunkopitiam/messages/

Ah Sam's new coffee shop sucks!
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?p=7374&highlight=sunkopitiam#post7374

I let all the messages stand despite the fact that all they did was try to denigrate this forum and undermine my time, effort and money in getting this platform up and running as quickly as possible.

If this is your idea of "courtesy", you have definitely redefined the meaning of the word. :p just as Davinder Singh redefined the meaning of "dignity".:wink:

I'll be straightforward with you. I don't need a deal. If I need more publicity for my forum, I will use google adwords, blacklabel ads etc to tap new sources of traffic.

The last thing I want is to waste time displaying links to those who are die hard fans of the Delphi platform and who hate anything that does not look like Delphi when they log on. It would be like preaching to the Muslims to convert to Christianity. It just wouldn't be worth the trouble.

"Deals" imply mutual benefit. I'm sorry but I see none in your kind and generous offer. :biggrin:

I can also advertise for free at sammyboyforum.com which has over 30,000 guest visits and 10,000 member visits every day.

You can continue to use this forum on a regular basis to publicise your kopitiam in your signature and report the latest happenings at your part of the world. All I am requesting is that you do not SPAM my board. If you do not know the definition of spam, look it up on the web.:wink:

Cheers and have a nice day.

PS: My apologies for the signature banner in my messages. I forgot all about it. Tell me how much I owe you for the x number of times that the thread has been viewed. In the meantime, please delete my posts so I do not end up paying further advertising fees for exposure in your forum.

Best regards.

sam