• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Horizon Hills community.

Greyscale

Hi guys, I'm new here, but looking at the recent comments, is it true what they say about Johor property? That it may be cheap now (but set to rise), but having owned one, you cannot sell easily or rent out easily, but will be saddled with a high interest loan to service.

How bad (or good?) is the situation for an investor now?

*Puzzled*

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi guys, I'm new here, but looking at the recent comments, is it true what they say about Johor property? That it may be cheap now (but set to rise), but having owned one, you cannot sell easily or rent out easily, but will be saddled with a high interest loan to service.

*Puzzled*

There will always be people who say good or bad about anything so best is to watch the facts and statistics.
I would say it greatly depends on the location, type and price point that you got in at.

There is a pent up demand for certain developments and looking at the number of folks asking, there should be no issue
for the subsale/rental but i might well be wrong if elections or the global economy casts a gloom on things.

Personally in my own limited experience, property in certain developments have no issues with being sold or rented out currently. Waiting to rent out never took any longer than 3 months for me but then again i am not a picky landlord.

kambeng

3c balloting now, not cheap man, 3 storey river facing 2 to 2.5 , 3 storey back row 1.6-2.1...bros, should I commit??

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Hills link house reach 80% completion liao. Anyone with pictures? Thanks in advance !

Sell, weedend home or renovate for rental?

There will always be people who say good or bad about anything so best is to watch the facts and statistics.
I would say it greatly depends on the location, type and price point that you got in at.

There is a pent up demand for certain developments and looking at the number of folks asking, there should be no issue
for the subsale/rental but i might well be wrong if elections or the global economy casts a gloom on things.

Personally in my own limited experience, property in certain developments have no issues with being sold or rented out currently. Waiting to rent out never took any longer than 3 months for me but then again i am not a picky landlord.

Last edited:

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal

*Puzzled*

if you want more certainty and positive cashflow, low int rate, then buy SG prop. But be prepared for absd, ssd, and whatever CM. u gain some, u lose some.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you want more certainty and positive cashflow, low int rate, then buy SG prop. But be prepared for absd, ssd, and whatever CM. u gain some, u lose some.

Well, think of it..
High risk high gain.. Low risk low gain..
But on the other hand for a S'pore pty.. Lets say just a S$1-mio pty.. If there's a downturn & correction of 20-30% (200-300k).. This loss can easily buy you a terrace house in M'sia.. Fully paid lor

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
3c balloting now, not cheap man, 3 storey river facing 2 to 2.5 , 3 storey back row 1.6-2.1...bros, should I commit??

IMHO, I would not buy at this current price if you are into this just for investment.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi its not a bumi lot. You can check online home site as I changed upon them last week only. Many agents in the industry are talking about this. It wont be the last. I am sure this year and next year when some projects TOP, many investors who bought a few to several units will have difficulty selling their units or even pay monthly instalments. A few investor friends that I have are looking at RM 20,000 monthly instalment once their properties TOP this year and I seriously wonder if they can afford to pay all.

Hello Investor5, can you let me know which website this is listed on and if possible a link. I have a friend who wants to buy a move over here in Nusajaya but within their budget. Told them of this auction and they seem interested. Appreciate your help here. Thanks

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMHO, I would not buy at this current price if you are into this just for investment.

If you really interested want to purchase better act as soonest as possible to avoid price increase. the price will be going up ~20% for every new launch. Would nt surprise next time for terrace house min 1 MIO. Predict you will hardly see landed house or freehold in nusanjaya coming year. If yes the price would be super exp. for example medini new development. You decide!

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you really interested want to purchase better act as soonest as possible to avoid price increase. the price will be going up ~20% for every new launch. Would nt surprise next time for terrace house min 1 MIO. Predict you will hardly see landed house or freehold in nusanjaya coming year. If yes the price would be super exp. for example medini new development. You decide!

I see that you are new here hence failed to recognize Tarzan... if you know mandarin you'll understand what i mean.

Last edited:

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see that you are new here hence failed to recognize Tarzan... if you know mandarin you'll understand what i mean.

Its all depend people who really interested oneach purchase.Money still came from they ownpocket. Believe they done alot of homework.everyone's came here to share openly and learn from each other.its not matter Tarzan or lion. just my two cents.

kambeng

gut feel is that at the S$1M price level, there's gona be much fewer buyers next time at least fr SG when i want to sell the unit, 4% on a sg800k loan makes the risk higher too.....kinda sad to let go of the opportunity, i'll let the richer bros go for it.

yeau83

There are few cluster houses available for Wetlands.

The wetlands cluster selling at min RM1.2M(S$500K), and monthly installment of about RM5500 (S$ 2,000). Expats who work in Singapore might prefer to rent a cluster house in HH at only S$2,000 - S$3,000.

With the same rental, they might only rent a 4-Room HDB. there might be still a market for expats to live here and sending their kids to Marlborough College which is just 5 mins away.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
we are seeing a different type of investors/purchasers these days. Climate has changed too.

Wetlands is almost sold out, after completion, there will be a few rounds of flipping before the price stablise and home stayers start to move in to occupy. It will take awhile.

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think Wetland is a very good location compare with other precint are deep hiding inside. Easy acess to club house going in and out. Definitely cost would be a bit higher.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all, for some of the owners taking their keys in HH (the hills), i heard someone has been going around with their relative in tow to promote their renovation services. Please note that as far as i know HH never has any "preferred" contractor to do the house renovation. HH is also raising their maintenance prices a little (by 10-20 RM per month) for earlier phases.

Have been advising folks here with roof leaking problems, please check your roof and at the corner ends of the house especially after a thunderstorm. Some roof designs may be contributing to water leakages. Always get the developer to rectify and highlight any delays here. Not all the new houses have roof leakages of course but always good to look out for it. The worst case is when all the work is done and furniture moved in and it starts to leak.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

From purely investment point of view, I see no real value in buying at this current price point where there is very little meat and more risk. Medini is another thing altogether as it is primarily leasehold. I am a small fry compared to those who have 9 or more properties here but when buying property, i look for intrisic value and will not commit when i see something overvalued. There is always something else on the market. Just my 2 cents.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hello Investor5, can you let me know which website this is listed on and if possible a link. I have a friend who wants to buy a move over here in Nusajaya but within their budget. Told them of this auction and they seem interested. Appreciate your help here. Thanks

Take everything you read here with a pinch of salt, including mine but some you need more then salt. :wink:

Meanwhile for auction houses, here is a popular website (not everyone can participate though):
http://auctions.com.my/