• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Holiday Scenery and Experiences! Come share!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
So much so Trudeau wants to surtax the banks

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trudeau-targets-big-canadian-banks-204135340.html

(Bloomberg) -- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau took a populist turn in Canada’s election campaign, pledging to impose a 3% surtax on the nation’s big banks and insurers.

At a campaign stop in Vancouver, the leader of the governing Liberals promised to hike the corporate income tax rate by three percentage points on profit over C$1 billion ($793 million) at financial institutions. The measures, which would bring the rate to 18% from 15% currently, are expected to generate C$2.5 billion for government coffers over the next four years, starting in 2022, according to a party news release.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Hahaha...

I just got this message from medical office assistant saying that they sent the bill for filling out insurance claim form to the patient as per normal practice and the husband called back upset saying expensive etc. Ask me whether I can waive.

Actually I have told them before I don't charge. But all the other drs do. So the clinic policy is to charge.

But clearly if you kick a fuss the clinic will ask the dr is he or she can waive.

See? In healthcare it pays to be a fucking rude bastard and fuck the dr and the clinic staff all over. You get what you want.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It was special at Longos.
Before the pandemic, Certified Angus AAA striploin was $10 to $12 a pound. And last year, it was $14 a pound.
Very rarely, do I buy it at more than $12 a pound
Screenshot_20210901-230328_Flipp.jpg

$8.98/lb. Only AA grade

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
$8.98/lb i still find expensive.

And my family prefers top sirloin. So suits me fine for cheaper option

Screenshot_20210901-230545_Flipp.jpg

$5.99/lb but only Grade AA

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
@nayr69sg Great that you have changed the thread to general topic on vacation and scenery photo

Endless mile of highway ,valley and mountain roads I have driven over the years

hpim9956-jpg.119226

100_0732-jpg.119227

100_1594-jpg.119228

dji_0001-jpg.119230

100_0499-jpg.119229

dji_0016-2-jpg.119234

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
@nayr69sg Great that you have changed the thread to general topic on vacation and scenery photo

Endless mile of highway ,valley and mountain roads I have driven over the years

hpim9956-jpg.119226

100_0732-jpg.119227

100_1594-jpg.119228

dji_0001-jpg.119230

100_0499-jpg.119229

dji_0016-2-jpg.119234
Haha! Yeah it looks so cool when you can see as far ahead on the road all clear nothing in your way and you are just going going going and it still looks the same like road to no end.

@Asterix Suggested the change and I totally am for it!

Keep sharing your photos guys!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
20210924_084122.jpg

20210924_084123.jpg

20210924_084055.jpg

20210924_085106.jpg

Caught another squirrel in my garden!

Will drive it across the bow river and let it out at the park there.

These guys otherwise will make home on my roof during winter!

20210924_094839.jpg

Let him go at the park. Many squirrels in the park. See one in background

20210924_095337.jpg

20210924_095331.jpg

20210924_095617.jpg

Fall is coming.

Last edited:

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
Caught another squirrel in my garden!

Will drive it across the bow river and let it out at the park there.

These guys otherwise will make home on my roof during winter!

Can You Tame Squirrels?​

Yes. If you’re really dedicated, taming squirrels is fairly simple. Having patience and letting them get used to requires a lot of waiting around, but once they do they’ll be happy to approach.

Most people who do tame wild squirrels on their property will do it by placing food nearby and then simply waiting, allowing the squirrels to approach without startling them, then gradually moving the food closer until they can hand feed the animals.

Once a squirrel is used to you, it will happily approach expecting food, and the behavior might encourage others to do the same. Some people will even willingly allow squirrels into their home once they’re tame.

Should You Tame Squirrels?​

Of course, the real question here isn’t whether it’s possible to tame squirrels, but whether you really should. Is it better to get them used to you, rather than call in professional squirrel removal services? Unfortunately, probably not.

As cute as they might be, squirrels can cause a lot of problems. The more comfortable they feel around you, the more welcome they’ll feel around and in your home – especially if you’re inviting them there! This makes them far more likely to find a hidden space like your attic to nest. This also means they’ll start chewing on pipes, wires, boards, ducts and much more, causing property damage and potential fire hazards.

Related Post: Squirrel Removal: What Seasons Will You See Squirrels?

This is not to mention that they, like many wild animals, carry a lot of parasites and potential diseases. This is bad enough if you’re hand-feeding or handling them, but having them in your home means they’ll be leaving waste wherever they go.

The practicalities of damage and disease are bad enough, but by taming squirrels, you’re also potentially harming them, too. Relying on people for food can harm a squirrel’s ability to continue to survive in the wild, and also changes their perception of humans, seeing them as less of a threat and putting them at risk.

Providing food in the squirrel feeder is one thing, but taming them and having them come to you for food is ultimately detrimental to their survival.

https://animalremover.com/should-you-tame-wild-squirrels-why-squirrel-removal-is-important/#:~:text=Can You Tame Squirrels?,ll be happy to approach.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Can You Tame Squirrels?​

Yes. If you’re really dedicated, taming squirrels is fairly simple. Having patience and letting them get used to requires a lot of waiting around, but once they do they’ll be happy to approach.

Most people who do tame wild squirrels on their property will do it by placing food nearby and then simply waiting, allowing the squirrels to approach without startling them, then gradually moving the food closer until they can hand feed the animals.

Once a squirrel is used to you, it will happily approach expecting food, and the behavior might encourage others to do the same. Some people will even willingly allow squirrels into their home once they’re tame.

Should You Tame Squirrels?​

Of course, the real question here isn’t whether it’s possible to tame squirrels, but whether you really should. Is it better to get them used to you, rather than call in professional squirrel removal services? Unfortunately, probably not.

As cute as they might be, squirrels can cause a lot of problems. The more comfortable they feel around you, the more welcome they’ll feel around and in your home – especially if you’re inviting them there! This makes them far more likely to find a hidden space like your attic to nest. This also means they’ll start chewing on pipes, wires, boards, ducts and much more, causing property damage and potential fire hazards.

Related Post: Squirrel Removal: What Seasons Will You See Squirrels?

This is not to mention that they, like many wild animals, carry a lot of parasites and potential diseases. This is bad enough if you’re hand-feeding or handling them, but having them in your home means they’ll be leaving waste wherever they go.

The practicalities of damage and disease are bad enough, but by taming squirrels, you’re also potentially harming them, too. Relying on people for food can harm a squirrel’s ability to continue to survive in the wild, and also changes their perception of humans, seeing them as less of a threat and putting them at risk.

Providing food in the squirrel feeder is one thing, but taming them and having them come to you for food is ultimately detrimental to their survival.

https://animalremover.com/should-you-tame-wild-squirrels-why-squirrel-removal-is-important/#:~:text=Can You Tame Squirrels?,ll be happy to approach.
I have no desire to have squirrels live in my roof and gutters.