• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Ho Say"- Liu got BIG GUN SUPPORT on LEE BEE WAH SAGA!

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Just when it looked as if they were headed for a peaceful resolution, developments between the Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA) and former head coach Liu Guodong took a new twist on Sunday.

Following STTA's refusal to nominate Liu for Coach of the Year honours and comments made by table tennis chief Lee Bee Wah about Liu, the 35-year-old had returned to Singapore from China last Thursday to seek a meeting with his former employers.

Liu met with STTA's honorary secretary Soon Min Sin and chief executive officer Chew Soo Sheng on Friday and after it ended, he described the meeting as "cordial and friendly" and expressed confidence the STTA would accept his conditions.

Both parties met for a second discussion on Saturday night, but this time, Liu emerged from it flustered and angry.

"They (STTA) brought an English document over, which I couldn't read as I don't understand English and I got someone to help look at it," said Liu, who showed a copy of the letter to reporters on Sunday.

The draft letter, which was to be a joint statement from the STTA and Liu, stated that the association acknowledged the contributions of the former coach in guiding the women's team to the Olympic silver medal at last year's Beijing Games.

It also said that the STTA have the right to choose who to nominate for the Singapore Sports Awards, and that they stood by their decision not to nominate Liu.

The letter also said that comments made about coach Liu were not in any way meant to take away his contributions to Singapore table tennis, nor were they meant to suggest any acts of dishonesty on his part.

The former coach has taken issue with the letter's contents.

"I'm not happy with a large part of this document. Them saying I understand their decision not to nominate me, it means I'm guilty and I'm not pursuing it. I told them to tell me why I didn't get it, bring some evidence and show me. This document is what I get after two discussions, should I be continuing with the discussions?"

Liu, now coach of the Indonesian national team, also questioned the sincerity of the STTA.

"After two discussions, Lee Bee Wah wasn't even present once. I think with this attitude, they say one thing, and then mean another. They have not honestly acknowledged this matter. I will not sign anything with them because I have no relationship with them."

Liu goes back to China for the China Table Tennis Super League tournament and to resume training with the Indonesian team on Tuesday.

He says he is still not satisfied and plans to return to Singapore to pursue the matter, although he did not give a date.

STTA could not be reached for comment.

gtang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Liu will build Indonesia team to be the next power house...Singapore is finished liao...Thanks to LBW! wATCH OUT GUYS!

SINGAPORE: Just when it looked as if they were headed for a peaceful resolution, developments between the Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA) and former head coach Liu Guodong took a new twist on Sunday.

Following STTA's refusal to nominate Liu for Coach of the Year honours and comments made by table tennis chief Lee Bee Wah about Liu, the 35-year-old had returned to Singapore from China last Thursday to seek a meeting with his former employers.

Liu met with STTA's honorary secretary Soon Min Sin and chief executive officer Chew Soo Sheng on Friday and after it ended, he described the meeting as "cordial and friendly" and expressed confidence the STTA would accept his conditions.

Both parties met for a second discussion on Saturday night, but this time, Liu emerged from it flustered and angry.

"They (STTA) brought an English document over, which I couldn't read as I don't understand English and I got someone to help look at it," said Liu, who showed a copy of the letter to reporters on Sunday.

The draft letter, which was to be a joint statement from the STTA and Liu, stated that the association acknowledged the contributions of the former coach in guiding the women's team to the Olympic silver medal at last year's Beijing Games.

It also said that the STTA have the right to choose who to nominate for the Singapore Sports Awards, and that they stood by their decision not to nominate Liu.

The letter also said that comments made about coach Liu were not in any way meant to take away his contributions to Singapore table tennis, nor were they meant to suggest any acts of dishonesty on his part.

The former coach has taken issue with the letter's contents.

"I'm not happy with a large part of this document. Them saying I understand their decision not to nominate me, it means I'm guilty and I'm not pursuing it. I told them to tell me why I didn't get it, bring some evidence and show me. This document is what I get after two discussions, should I be continuing with the discussions?"

Liu, now coach of the Indonesian national team, also questioned the sincerity of the STTA.

"After two discussions, Lee Bee Wah wasn't even present once. I think with this attitude, they say one thing, and then mean another. They have not honestly acknowledged this matter. I will not sign anything with them because I have no relationship with them."

Liu goes back to China for the China Table Tennis Super League tournament and to resume training with the Indonesian team on Tuesday.

He says he is still not satisfied and plans to return to Singapore to pursue the matter, although he did not give a date.

STTA could not be reached for comment.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
the way STTA & LBW treated the Coach Liu, you think the players will not think how the STTA and LBW will treat them should they lost the games...... or absent??? what about other games?

snooker players. footballers, peddlars YOU PEOPLE better watch out,,,, what happen to Coach Liu in STTA fiasco will happen to you someday

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the way STTA & LBW treated the Coach Liu, you think the players will not think how the STTA and LBW will treat them should they lost the games...... or absent??? what about other games?

Mercenaries must know the score lah. Thy will continue to stay for the $$$ & go when there are better opputunities elsewhere :rolleyes:

gtang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Silience is NO LONGER GOLDEN...for those who started the SAGA..

There is no transparency....In short, the message to LIU...your matter is considered CLOSED...we are not interested to purse the matter, optionally there is NO things not closed about LIU.....we can only guess????

Mercenaries must know the score lah. Thy will continue to stay for the $$$ & go when there are better opputunities elsewhere :rolleyes: