• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Ho Say"- Liu got BIG GUN SUPPORT on LEE BEE WAH SAGA!

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Tan's family has won glory for this country in waterpolo for decades-hurray for local talent.
Dr Tan himself was a Rhodes Scholar and a former Minister of State during the good old days when the Ministers did not vote to pay themselves the highest salary in the world.

You are spot-on on our honourable Dr Tan Eng Liang.

At one time Newsweek and Time magazine even featured Dr Tan Eng Liang to be our future Prime Minister, but just
because Dr Tan did not know how to suck up to that bloody old scum, he manipulated to remove him from office.

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I felt sad and sympathised with Coach Liu, He is a foreigner who live on his professionalism and came to Singapore to help us win our first silver medal.
Unfortunately, an old woman by the name Lee Bee Wah, who hardly has any sports credential, tried to take credit, steal his limelight, sacked and insulted him using all her might and power under the protection of PAP in AMK.

Few months later, she continues to brood over whether to give Coach Liu the face he deserves but her negative smearing of someone's livilhood has reach the highest degree beyond recognition which is totally unacceptable by any living compassionate human. If she continue to live out of STTA and unwilling to step down amicably, I am very worreid for Singapore that such character is difficult to rid of and she continue to live on taxpayers hard-earned money.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
any1 remember her remarks abt her worthy opponents during ze last erections? ...

I of course remember what she says, along with "trouble maker" remark by another PAP woman. Defamation suits were seriously considered back then but I guess, karma works its way around. And this is why I am not surprised a defamation suit is coming her way now. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's give Coach liu the morale support he needs to bring LBW to task. She should not be hiding anymore and be opened about her agenda. She should count herself lucky that Coach Liu is more gentle then our Karang Guni men and that doesn't mean she should bully others at her whims.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With LBW kind of bitchy and insensitive leadership it is difficult to even imagine that the players and coaches can rise up and help Spore to win a gold medal for table tennis at the next Olympic Games.

This is the kind of memebers of parliament we will be seeing again in the next election..???:mad:

Furthermore, no matter what these people espouse before they join the 'tea party', and after they are in...the 'woof' comes out of 'sheep clothing'..Vivien & others... they are all the same.

Trouble is, 66.6% enjoy this....:eek:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well , an incompetent leader will create these sort of problems and waste more tax payers money. Well, sinkies deserve it.

yup.. just like your ladyboy prostitute gf who deserves to arsefuck for a pittance to support u.:oIo:

gtang

Alfrescian
Loyal
All new comers....are playing the wrong politics,,,,,,Coming in & just grab the headlines for ALL the wrong reasons....

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Tan has my respect.

No. We cannot just "move on" everytime the MIW cock up, when they screw us everytime we cockup. Knn they screw us when they cock up too!

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I sincerely salute Dr Tan Eng Liang's honesty and integrity for his clear stand with regard to the ongoing TT saga. He's not afraid to let Singapore and LBW know how he feels about the whole matter. Whether u like it or not, Coach Liu was sidelined and overlooked deliberately for Coach of the Year for very dubious reasons. How much is truth and how much is fiction, let the STTA helmed by fast-talking LBW answer for and justify their actions. TT fans,enthusiasts and in fact the whole sports fraternity is waiting anxiously for some clear answers. Was Liu not nominated because he didn't porlanpar with them or because he refused to sign on a new contract with them ? Loose talk and accusations of of bad attitude, lack of professionalism and the comment made by LBW that "less than half of the six players" would have voted Yes for Liu is self-serving and unprofessional; as well.

My humble verdict: STTA itself has to re-examine its priorities and re-organise itself. Where's the professionalism and yes, where's the graciousness?

Mouths should hv been kept tightly shut in the first place esp. LBW's big mouth. To comment so crtiically and in such a stinging manner so publicly after refusing to nominate him is to belittle and humiliate the man. It's rubbing salt to his wounds, no doubt about that!.:mad:

gtang

Alfrescian
Loyal
DR TAN E L comment is a sentiment of MOST SINGAPOREANS....
cOURAGEOUS talk & a true sportsmanship....

Nobody loves strict & successful coach...HE will never be popular...remind me of soccer coach, UNCLE CHOO..

All the young MPs who are "yes MAN" * covering & protecting their ricebowl...

need to learn from him.....

I sincerely salute Dr Tan Eng Liang's honesty and integrity for his clear stand with regard to the ongoing TT saga. He's not afraid to let Singapore and LBW know how he feels about the whole matter. Whether u like it or not, Coach Liu was sidelined and overlooked deliberately for Coach of the Year for very dubious reasons. How much is truth and how much is fiction, let the STTA helmed by fast-talking LBW answer for and justify their actions. TT fans,enthusiasts and in fact the whole sports fraternity is waiting anxiously for some clear answers. Was Liu not nominated because he didn't porlanpar with them or because he refused to sign on a new contract with them ? Loose talk and accusations of of bad attitude, lack of professionalism and the comment made by LBW that "less than half of the six players" would have voted Yes for Liu is self-serving and unprofessional; as well.

My humble verdict: STTA itself has to re-examine its priorities and re-organise itself. Where's the professionalism and yes, where's the graciousness?

Mouths should hv been kept tightly shut in the first place esp. LBW's big mouth. To comment so crtiically and in such a stinging manner so publicly after refusing to nominate him is to belittle and humiliate the man. It's rubbing salt to his wounds, no doubt about that!.:mad:

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
that guy damn cock...sinkapoor court, judge all undergarment he dunno?

Waste money:rolleyes:

I believe Liu have strong financial backing when he openly declared he may take legal recourse. Think about it; LJW married a very rich fella, given her achievement is partly through Liu's coaching and understanding of her abilities. She is indebted to Liu.

If Liu base on his megre income, he would not have the resources to take on our legal system ever.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
It sound kinda funny that this whole huge dispute is between 2 personalities who are not born Singaporean but creating so much 'noise' within the country.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

SINGAPORE: Singapore's Chef-de-Mission for the 2008 Olympic is the latest to join the table tennis coach saga.

Dr Tan Eng Liang supports coach Liu Guodong in asking for an explanation from the Singapore Table Tennis Association on remarks made about his professionalism.

Liu Guodong landed at Changi airport early on Thursday morning and the media was there waiting for him.

Said Mr Liu: "She just needs to apologise. I will not ask for trouble. She just needs to clarify her remarks. I have feelings for Singapore."

The apology Liu is looking for is from Madam Lee Bee Wah, president of the Singapore Table Tennis Association.

The associated had questioned his professionalism and integrity in not nominating him for the Coach of the Year Award.

Now the coach has the support of Dr Tan Eng Liang who worked closely with him prior to the Beijing Games.

Dr Tan does not doubt Liu's professionalism as he had delivered the silver medal for Singapore.

He gave an example that if performance takes up 80 per cent, that alone should qualify Liu for the award.

He added the association should withdraw the statement if they are unable to substantiate it.

The STTA could not be reached for comment but Liu told the media he plans to meet the association's president over the next few days. And if he does not get a clarification, he would consider taking legal action.

A less confrontational approach is something that some are hoping for.

Teo Ser Luck, Senior Parliamentary Secretary, Community Development, Youth & Sports Ministry said: "If possible, they could settle amicably and in time to come move on for the sake of sports and the sake of table tennis too."

Liu is also in Singapore to meet up with his current employers, the Indonesian Table Tennis Association. - CNA/vm

gtang

Alfrescian
Loyal
U have forgetten foreign talent also bring glory to Singapore....

Rather it is between Man & Jambun Woman issue - blah blahblah & wayanging all the way to creating trouble for people to clear the mess

It sound kinda funny that this whole huge dispute is between 2 personalities who are not born Singaporean but creating so much 'noise' within the country.

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even after 40 odd years of hankering for Olympic medal,.. Sinkies still can find no joy after getting one, it's TRAGIC!!!.... :o

hillary888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recap - A male Singapore table-tennis player, Gao Ning, who played during the Individual tournaments was apparently so stricken by the absence of a supporting coach that he badly lost his match, and cried even.

Imagine a soccer match where the manager and coaches are not at their benches. What are the professional players going to do even though they train almost every day?

There were five coaches there to assist the table tennis players. Even if one coach is too sick to make it to the match while another coach is supervising at another match, my maths tells me clearly that there were still three more coaches there.

People are saying the head coach did a great job to end the 48-year wait for a medal and want him to remain at the helm. But do you think any male table tennis player will want to represent Singapore ever again knowing that there are double standards in the team?

No one called Li Jiawei a wimp when she cried too after losing her bronze medal match. Was it because she won a silver in the team event?

Four wasted years of preparation for the Olympics is not something even a warrior can take lightly.

It depend fully on Liu's contract, to create harmony or just to get a medal?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good showdown....Time to show who is right!

Both in the wrong.

Liu neglected the male player and should be sacked.

LBW should have just sacked him immediately AFTER the female team have finished all their games (instead of shooting her mouth off before then) and THEN "graciously" nominate him for coach of the year.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both in the wrong.

Liu neglected the male player and should be sacked.

LBW should have just sacked him immediately AFTER the female team have finished all their games (instead of shooting her mouth off before then) and THEN "graciously" nominate him for coach of the year.

This is what the Communist part will do, they let you have a platform to come down, no matter how, he did contributed.

But Sinkies Leaders will learn a painful lesson now, you can only push Sinkies around. Try pushing FT and you get your ass kicked.

That is also the reason why we have a different set of law for Rich, powerful or high profile FT.