• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ho Chin - Investment Guru?

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can also be an investment guru, if I am at the right time, at the right place & with the right people (天时、地利、人和). :o

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Godamit, wish I had never said all those things about her. If not I could try to get her to invest in my business of manufacturing antiques.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investing has a steep learning curve for someone as brilliant as Madam Ho Ching. I'm sure she's learn't alot from those loses.

LKY knows this & giving his daugther-in-law the oppurtunity to learn on the job. Don't worry lah sure to improve, if not its only money Sporeans can't touch anyway

Actually I had always been puzzled about this.

The sovereign fund is normally made up of a portion of government reserves, our cpf funds (i am not sure about this) and our budget surplus.

If the sovereign fund loses money, will singaporeans be made to top up the loss by increasing the budget surplus?

A discussion on this is more valuable than trite statements like "don't worry lah" "you cannot touch the money anyway" "she is brilliant". The reason is because trite statements like these means an acceptance of the brilliant person continuing to make losses.

The more valuable question is this: who bears the losses?

Also the manager of our national resources should be based solely on the amount of profitability that is actually demonstrated, not potential profitability.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I had always been puzzled about this.

The sovereign fund is normally made up of a portion of government reserves, our cpf funds (i am not sure about this) and our budget surplus.

If the sovereign fund loses money, will singaporeans be made to top up the loss by increasing the budget surplus?

A discussion on this is more valuable than trite statements like "don't worry lah" "you cannot touch the money anyway" "she is brilliant". The reason is because trite statements like these means an acceptance of the brilliant person continuing to make losses.

The more valuable question is this: who bears the losses?

Also the manager of our national resources should be based solely on the amount of profitability that is actually demonstrated, not potential profitability.

Who bear the losses? People like you & me & all the bros here loh.
Maybe they should have a 'Cheong' fund. :biggrin:

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read from papers that she (i.e. Temasek) is taking over a child care / education organisation in the States (if I am not wrong), costing hundreds of millions.

People in the west are already out of jobs or queueing for jobs. They will have plenty of time to take care & educate their children. :rolleyes:

Hope she is not buying another 'losing' business again.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
i suspect she is not the one making the analysis there are many experts working on that. she makes the final decision

The one who makes the final decision is the one responsible. If so many of her final decisions led to losses and still she is not held accountable then there is something very wrong and sinister going on.

Have you guys read the article in Asia Sentinel on Temasick? Here is link:

http://asiasentinel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1387&Itemid=32

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
The one who makes the final decision is the one responsible. If so many of her final decisions led to losses and still she is not held accountable then there is something very wrong and sinister going on.

Have you guys read the article in Asia Sentinel on Temasick? Here is link:

http://asiasentinel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1387&Itemid=32

Bro, I guess you are right. If I am not wrong, some 'heads' were chopped b'cos some of the investment went wrong.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I guess you are right. If I am not wrong, some 'heads' were chopped b'cos some of the investment went wrong.

Well typical of the scums the top will be untouchables it is only those a couple of rungs below that will be the fall guy....

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quoting from today New Papers ['.....Temasek's net portfolio stood at $185 billion for the year ended March, up nearly 13 per cent from $164 billion during the same period last year.....']

Buy more means portfolio will sure go up. :wink:

Instead I think they should look at the net profit which is a better investment indicator. If I am not wrong last year, portfolio also went up, but net profit went down. :(

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah hor portfolio and profit is two different thing....all they have to do is buy companies with over priced stock value and lump them all up and declare an increase in portfolio value...another smoke screen for the public..

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides, fired for what? Investments that failed? The counter-argument will be those are honest mistakes. Followed by we are introducing a culture to take risks. And risks involves mistakes.

if the person cant perform , then he/she deserves to go. there is no such thing as honest mistake in the corporate world.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal

From what I was told, the guy who was involved with the Shitcorp deal was promoted. On what basis, I do not know. Perhaps that is the culture in there if the empress dowager can get promotion from turning Micropolis into dust then I am not surprised.

Looks like everything she touches turns into dust and she is enjoying minute of the day doing that to our money.

Last edited: