• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"High class" angmor woman arrested for stealing luxury handbag in MBS

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poodles got no balls to jail ang mo. Most likely a fine. French embassy will be busy in the background lobbying.

You are right they probably said she suffering from kleptomania so excusable and in the end just give her a punitive fine and let off...

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps that fine isn't enough to pay for bag?

pc_600x450.jpg

Olivia Lemercier Maurice came to Singapore with her husband as a tourist.

But instead of enjoying Gardens by the Bay or the Singapore flyer, she’s currently in remand at Changi Prison.

Her crime? She allegedly stole a $32,800 handbag from the Ralph Lauren boutique at Marina Bay Sands on July 30, reported Channel NewsAsia.

The stolen item is a luxury Ricky bag which according to the Ralph Lauren website is “crafted from exquisite hand-selected African crocodile and finished with custom Italian hardware.”

According to the report, the woman, who has three children, will be pleading guilty next week to theft.

She faces a possible jail time of three years as well as a fine.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Asian charcoal... European ebony

Anyway way am I wasting my time on you?

You don't know what "high class" is :oIo:

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Say what? Congratulations? That you've finally chanced upon a French thief after being inundated with countless instances of chinks lying, cheating and stealing? :rolleyes:

Thank you for acknowledging we r on the same footingswell done

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Woman arrested in theft of luxury handbag

showimageCC.aspx

SINGAPORE - A French woman was charged today with stealing a Ralph Lauren bag worth S$32,800.

42-year-old Olivia Lemercier Maurice will be pleading guilty to one count of theft in a week's time.

Her police bail of S$10,000 has been extended till then. Her passport has been surrendered.

The blonde petite woman allegedly stole a Ralph Lauren "Ricky Alligator 33" Honey Brown-coloured handbag from a Ralph Lauren shop at Marina Bay Sands on July 30 at 8pm.

Lemercier, who is married with children, has been remanded in Changi Prison since her arrest.

Her husband also turned up in court today.

MediaCorp understands the couple were tourists here during the alleged incident.

Maurice will be back in court on August 29.

If convicted, she could be jailed up to three years and fined. CHANNEL NEWSASIA

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fined $8k for stealing $32k? Sure... Only if you're a high class angmor in Sinkieland ... :rolleyes:

French tourist fined for stealing $32,800 handbag

AsiaOne
Wednesday, Sep 19, 2012

SINGAPORE - A French tourist has been fined $8,000 for the theft of a luxury handbag from a Marina Bay Sands (MBS) store.

Olivia Lemercier Maurice, 42, was on holiday with her family in Singapore when she stole the Ralph Lauren Ricky Alligator 33 branded bag worth $32,800 at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands.

She pleaded guilty to the theft of the honey brown-coloured bag last Wednesday.

The police had received a report of the theft on July 30. The mother of two was subsequently arrested at Changi Airport after preliminary investigations.

According to The Straits Times, the prosecution asked for a jail sentence due to the high value of the item stolen.

However, her lawyer Raymond Lye asked for a fine instead as the French national was suffering from kleptomania, an impulsive disorder to steal things, at that time. He said the theft was an impulsive act due to the illness.

Mr Lye also added that the 42-year-old homemaker had spent a week in remand.

He argued that it would be unjust to give her a jail instead of probation just because she was a foreigner.

After the sentencing, Maurice flew back to France with her husband.

She could have been given a sentence of up to three years' jail and a fine.

[email][email protected]
[/EMAIL]

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

This is all a big con by the Ralph Lauren retailer in Singapore. Ralph Lauren stuff is target for the lower to middle income people, where got such a thing as a $32K handbag? If you had $32K and want to buy a handbag, would you not look at a Prada, Gucci, LV, etc. instead? RL name brand where got fight. RL in the world is a nothing, even Coach and Kate Spade handbags got more prestige. Look at the picture of the $32K handbag, look like an Ah Soh old auntie handbag, its ugly like shit.

RL marketing just concocted this whole shoplifting crap up. They have now just gotten tens of thousands of dollars in free publicity. How much would they have to spend to advertise this crap handbag on TV and the radio? They just ask some frenchie whether she wants a free ticket to singapore provided she robs their store, probably told her what item to steal too. If I were her defense attorney, in court I will say before the judge "YOur honour, pleassssse lah, its only Ralph Lauren, where they got $32K handbag. U think its Prada ah?"

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

One country, two systems - welcome to Hotel Singapore!

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal

she is a hardcore tourist. what kind of tourist visit courts?

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Once again a punishment that is at best punitive....again the court has shown that there is indeed two set of rule for locals and foreigners..

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One country, two systems - welcome to Hotel Singapore!

Hotel Singapura

On the East Coast Parkway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of lolitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the Hotel Singapura
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel Singapura
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

So I called up the Captain,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty five"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...

Welcome to the Hotel Singapura
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel Singapura
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

General

Alfrescian
Loyal

now why am i not surprised. the sentence of foreigners is always better than when a sinkie does the same crime of a same magnitude. one country, two different set of laws. only in this bloody country where the rulers will look up to foreigners than their own citizens first. trust me on this, ive never seen this anywhere else in my life.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let see how the kangaroo "cock" is going to rule on the New Zealander who jumped bail.....