• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

hi brothers, where can I find buffets with fresh cockles?

Huatable

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

Sorry to pose this type of question here. I am a hum lover (fresh cockles).

In the past, when I eat Char Kueh Teow or Laksa, I will pay $1 more for more hums. Then recently, many laksa stalls stopped selling hums and even reputable noodle stalls tell me that even if I am willing to pay more, they cannot give me a few more because good fresh hum is in short supply. Then those used in Char Kueh Teows are very very small.

Occasionally, when I want to reward myself, I will go to Coca Restaurant where I will get free flow hums for Lunch (cheaper) and Dinner packages. Since last year, no more riao. I know i can go to BBQ seafood stalls or porridge restaurants but i got to either peel myself or they are quite expensive. The way Coca served hum in the past was the bestest. They serve u in a plate like this and super fresh

marketfresh-online-grocery-cockles-packet-03_large.png

Each time, i can eat a hundred of these fresh cockles.
Does anyone know where i can find good fresh cockles buffet in Singapore?

Huatable

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a shellfish lover. My personal best for cockles is more than 150, OR 32 for raw oysters.

Don't try to break my record because even for fresh shellfishes, taking such portions will make your poo smell like fish market. I am serious, exact same smell.

26266314234_ff0a03c5a8_o.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Fresh cockles in low supply now, our neighbour up north also “bo barn huat”. Pollution resulting in increased acidity in the sandbank, the Penang bridge results in less flow, the cockle population sibei jialut.

Huatable

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fresh cockles in low supply now, our neighbour up north also “bo barn huat”. Pollution resulting in increased acidity in the sandbank, the Penang bridge results in less flow, the cockle population sibei jialut.

Thanks for sharing. Many these days are not so big and fresh. Last time, I had very good ones from sungei road laksa too.

ST_20181215_EQWORLD15_4484436.jpg

Japanese restaurants serve the big cockles from South China Sea. One cost $12-25 each
More chewy too, so i don't like