• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Heng swee Keat earns my respect!

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time to put a stop to all these parent's nonsense! What kind of kids are we encouraging? How are they going to fight against FT's children in future if every little thing their parent have to step in?

well said! can tell that you dont blindly oppose for the sake of opposing.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That elite parent wants to have her right. A child that has a $60 haircut, and flaunted as a $60 haircut, cannot but has come from an elite family. The haircut is therefore not the key issue. The key issue is the elitist behaviour of not abiding to rules that all others are subjected to i.e. he wanted to be given the concession of a waiver and then feebly trying to bluff his way that he forgot because of his medical condition.

If all elites are given special treatment, I don't know what will become of Singapore. So HSK is right in his reprimand. I don't care which party he is affiliated to or whether it was because of his civil service experience but he acted correctly.

I am not for his sixty-dollar haircut, neither am I pro-elitist.

Firstly, if the boy did not conform to the school's standard, why didn't the teacher send him home way before the exam? The right of the parent to lodge a complaint for teacher losing his/her's cool and taking it out by cutting the boy's hair isn;t a privilege for the elites but a right for any human being in a righteous society. The teacher (a person of authority) violated and manhandled the boy, obviously the parent has to step in, if the school's principal doesn't.

Secondly, how the family allocates their funds is up to them. They can afford it, go right ahead. My haircuts are $10.00, I do not get jealous of someone who can afford to spash forty bucks or more on a haircut. It's their money! Rich people have more privileges, but not more rights.

If the teacher gets off scott free, it only goes to show that people in this society will accept
whatever authority throws at them.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time to put a stop to all these parent's nonsense! What kind of kids are we encouraging? How are they going to fight against FT's children in future if every little thing their parent have to step in?

In the past, school's were stricter, parent's never went to school to defend their kids. These kids are now adults, how good are they at fighting off the FTs?

Cheers!